How I understood Halo 4's Ranking System

DarknessX03

Hey everyone, this is my first topic/thread on the forum, and I'm happy to be here ^^ (Making my intro thread later, it's 4 AM and I'm just chock-full of energy! *sarcasm*)

So very basically put how I understood it is that you get XP for doing things like killing opponents, headshots, capturing flags, destroying vehicles, etc. It's unknown to me or I believe most people whether you'll lose them after losing a match or not, but it can be inferred that you'll lose them if you quit a match.

Spartan Points, (just a placeholder name for now) are either gained how Credits are in Reach, or after every time you rank up. If they're gained how Credits were, then it's possible that gaining SP is an optional way to rank up. I believe that it may or may not be optional to rank up by getting enough, but I don't think it'll be like that. Even if it were, I'm sure most of the Halo veterans would choose to rank up with XP, including myself.

That's all for now, I hope that this little bit of a post helped some of you that were confused. Also, if you have anything to add, please do so. One more thing, I would like to refrain from flaming or bashing of any sort on this thread if possible. I do not intend to advocate that kind of behavior, and this thread is solely meant for discussion and helpful purposes. Thanks for reading ^^

• Like 1

I had to like your post due to your pleasant demeanor.

Now as for the ranking system, I believe that Spartan Points are used to unlock certain weapons, grenades, and skins based on user preference, whereas XP is used to merely increase your 1-50 level (as in Reach).

I'm sure it won't be too complicated.

Personally, I think ranking, XP, and SP should work like this.

XP is gained/lost from Winning and losing games, getting kills, medals, etc. This is what ranks you up.

SP is gained the same way as Reach. You only use this to make purchases, and does not affect your rank.

• Like 3

XP is gained/lost from Winning and losing games, getting kills, medals, etc. This is what ranks you up.

SP is gained the same way as Reach. You only use this to make purchases, and does not affect your rank.

Exactly what I mean

This is essentially how it works. When I was at ComicCon, thats how it worked at least. As far as losing Xp, at least at ComicCon you couldnt, and there were plenty of people betraying and killing themselves for the fun of it. it could have changed but who knows

You get XP for a lot of things, that XP is used to rank up. There are 50 ranks. When you reach 50, you get to enlist into a Specialization. Each Specialization has 10 additional ranks. You can't exit a Specialization until you reached rank 10 (Completed it). Once you completed the Specialization, you start at 0 again.

You get XP for a lot of things, that XP is used to rank up. There are 50 ranks. When you reach 50, you get to enlist into a Specialization. Each Specialization has 10 additional ranks. You can't exit a Specialization until you reached rank 10 (Completed it). Once you completed the Specialization, you start at 0 again.

Not 0 of 50, but 0 of 10. You basically enlist in a specialization to level it up. You can do it for the 8 specs.

Just to clear it up.

......Are you serious? Starting over? I don't want prestige in Halo...

Not because it's COD-esque, but because it's dumb and pointless when you don't unlock weapons through ranks. Since Halo is literally ONLY ranking up a number to show your skill level, instead of actually unlocking weapons that were previously unavailable to you, what's the point?...

Seriously... What's the point?

Does going through levels 1-50 +10 for a second time make your ranks a different color or something?

Also, maybe this would clear up my confusion, but what do you mean by selecting a specialization? What's a "specialization" in regards to Halo 4?

Is it like, I choose sniper, and I specialize in that or something?... Or maybe specialization refers to the playlist I prefer

Speaking of playlists, is the 1-50 + 10 ranks for each individual playlist, or is this an overall score that has no possible way of going back down for losing games?

Not because it's COD-esque, but because it's dumb and pointless when you don't unlock weapons through ranks. Since Halo is literally ONLY ranking up a number to show your skill level, instead of actually unlocking weapons that were previously unavailable to you, what's the point?...

Does going through levels 1-50 +10 for a second time make your ranks a different color or something?

Also, maybe this would clear up my confusion, but what do you mean by selecting a specialization? What's a "specialization" in regards to Halo 4?

Is it like, I choose sniper, and I specialize in that or something?... Or maybe specialization refers to the playlist I prefer

Speaking of playlists, is the 1-50 + 10 ranks for each individual playlist, or is this an overall score that has no possible way of going back down for losing games?

You do not have to start all 50 ranks over.

Specializations are certain things you can have your spartan "specialize in". As a result there are benefits to doing this. Each specialization has ten levels in which you do unlock things like cosmetic armor and weapon enhancements (i.e. Visor colors, skins, emblems, etc.) for the first 9 levels. When you reach level 10 in this specialization, you unlock a support or tactical armor mod, which not only changes the way you play, but "armor mod" means that yes, a specific armor comes with each of these specializations. Once you're done, you can either use this armor modification or start on a new specialization. There are eight specializations, two of which (Wetwork & Pioneer) are available once you hit level 50 (Unless you pre-ordered the Limited Edition) and with each come some specific game-changers.

The individual specializations:

• Wetwork: This is your stealth Spartan. He focused on the elimination of an enemy target with the goal of leaving no tactical footprint behind. The Stealth armor mod allows users to move quickly and silently in combat, executing enemy assassinations with speed and dexterity and makes your Spartan appear as an outline to an enemy with Promethean Vision.

Specialization_WETWORK.jpg

• Pioneer: Spartan optimization for deployment into uncharted, hostile territory, such as uncolonized worlds or Forerunner constructs like Requiem, for the purpose of gathering and relaying information. The Fast Track armor mod allows Spartans to gain more experiential data from each encounter, effectively ranking up quicker during the process.

Specialization_PIONEER.jpg

• Engineer: Spartan optimization for the subversion, repair, and or reconstitution of a wide range of technology, including Covenant and Forerunner complex networks. The Drop Recon armor mod allows users to predict the location and time of an ordnance drop through an external suborbital monitoring system.

Specialization_ENGINEER.jpg

• Tracker: Spartan optimization for long-range target tracking (trans-continent and off-world), particularly in scenarios where conventional tracking has failed or such a substantial time has passed that the trail has gone cold. The Requisition armor mod allows users the ability to recall their own ordnance requests in order to acquire more helpful weapons in the field.

Specialization_TRACKER.jpg

• Rogue: Spartan optimization for single-operative missions which require a lone Spartan to be deployed on their own for incredibly long durations of time, even years if required. The Stability armor mod allows users to increase their aiming stability when being fired upon.

Specialization_ROGUE.jpg

• Stalker: Spartan optimization for target shadowing missions which require tactical invisibility despite operating at an extremely close range to the target itself. The Nemesis armor mod allows users to target and track down previous attacking enemies, highlighting them on the armor’s passive sensors.

Specialization_STALKER.jpg

• Pathfinder: Spartan optimization for deep, unconventional deployment within unknown enemy territory and with little to no assistance from command. The Gunner armor mod decreases the time of weapon overheat when occupying a vehicle weapon position and increases Spartan speed while carrying a detached turret.

Specialization_PATHFINDER.jpg

• Operator: Spartan optimization for the operation and control of a wide range of vehicles: space, air, ground, and sea. The Wheelman armor mod gives Spartans the ability to coax every bit of stamina and durability out of vehicles they are piloting.

Specialization_OPERATOR.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, yes there will be 50 ranks for each individual playlist, but I believe this can go down by losing games. I hope this cleared things up.

You misunderstood. You go through the 50 levels first, then go through 10 specialization levels. Once you do that, you can do another specialization. 8 times. You DO NOT restart the 50 levels.

The 50 levels do not go down. It is overall.

Also, yes there will be 50 ranks for each individual playlist, but I believe this can go down by losing games. I hope this cleared things up.

Where was this confirmed? I know of the overall 50 ranks, but I haven't heard of individual playlist ranks.

If they put those in, my theory of how the ranking system could work would be correct.

• 3 weeks later...

Emphasis on the 'LOST'. Or relse there would be no competition.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to me that if you want the maps and dont care about the rest of that digital crap buy the game thne teh pass for 25 bucks. save 15 dollars that way. I have the 100 dollar one on pre order , but have debated dropping and doing what i said above. I rarley ever use dlc nowadays. I gave mw3 a try and really never use that pass. I did buy one dlc for ghost recon future soldier, which i really like. Last halo dlc i bought was for 2 and that was the last time minus mw3 i bought a special edition of a game that cost more than the standard price.

I cannot remember where exactly I heard this from, and I'm really hoping if it's correct now xD However it's lodged into my brain so I have faith it's correct xD Let me look around for a while, and if I find anything I'll let you know ^_^

The only 1-50 system discussed so far has been the Progression system for SR-1-50 levels and that 80 more form the 8 Specializations which actually comes out to 130 SR. Frankie said he would discuss more about the ranking system which appears to be separate from the Progression system closer to launch. Nothing has been confirmed so far about 1-50 for certain playlists and losing rank.

The only 1-50 system discussed so far has been the Progression system for SR-1-50 levels and that 80 more form the 8 Specializations which actually comes out to 130 SR. Frankie said he would discuss more about the ranking system which appears to be separate from the Progression system closer to launch. Nothing has been confirmed so far about 1-50 for certain playlists and losing rank.

Remember to PM me the Halo Bulletin link Tallgeese! ;)