Split Screen Co-Op in Halo 4?

Tallgeese

Anyone know if the split screen in Halo 4 will take up the full screen or still be cut down? In Halo Reach split screen didnt take up the whole screen (side to side). So I am hoping that split screen in Halo 4 does take up the whole screen (side to side).

Also, the kill feed in Halo Reach was aweful and took up way too much room splt screen. Hopefully the killfeed is streamed down enough that it does not affect split screen.

• Like 1

This is a good question, I approve. I play almost exclusively split screen with my wife, she loves the game and is pretty much the only one she'll play. I would like to see the black side bars go away. While they didn't bother me too much, I never understood why they were there in the first place. Single player fills the entire screen, and four player split screen fills the entire screen if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played 4-player split screen in a while), so why doesn't 2 player split screen?

As for the killfeed, this one is up in the air. I've never had a problem with it on just a two player split screen, but if you add in a third or fourth, then it becomes problematic, running into the reticle. Not so much fun when I can't exactly see the head while firing because there are letters blocking it.

@fzdw11: you are correct, 4 player split screen takes up the entire screen. Other fps titles when in split screen take up the entire screen as well, so it is not an issue of power, the console and game can handle it. I dont know why it cant take up the entire screen.

As for the killfeed, fzdw11 is right, when playing 2 player split screen it is not an issue, but 3-4 player split screen the killfeed runs into the reticle. And no it is not an issue of my TV's size, I have a 55 inch Vizio so thats not the problem (for you sarcastic others out there lol). I know they have streamlined the killfeed so it does not portray as much now, but I really hope it has its own "box" to stay wihtin and does not come close to the reticle when in 3-4 player split screen.