Gamestop CEO: Next-gen X-Box will not block used games

The Director

Game companies have faulty logic. They think that used game sales are severely harming there profits, but I don't think that's true. There's a lot of games that I've bought used, that I wouldn't have spent $60 on when they came out. Besides, I might buy a game that isn't from one of the established franchises used, enjoy the game and become a fan, and make sure that I get the next installment on release, not to mention DLC. If developers really want to stop losing money, they have to stop competing with the big names if they don't have the resources. A lot of developers release unpolished games, and expect them to compete with the big franchises, and then complain about sales. Some developers just have to change their business model. As gaming moves forward towards digital media, I hope to see $30 and $40 download only budget releases. That way smaller developers can release games that didn't have a huge budget at a lower price, bypassing manufacturing costs.