Oh Brave New Worlds: Bungie's Final Halo Vidoc

If you were around and following Bungie back in the day you probably remember hearing rumors about H2 being delayed. I sure do. I was a freshman in college and we were all nervous we would not get it before we had to move out of the dorms and not have the ability to system link all over campus. Fortunately it released and everybody had it when we got back from Christmas. What a glorious semester it was. I wish Bungie the best. I really hope they create another good franchise and can renew that curiosity we had the first time we all played Halo.

Bungie's final vidoc has been released. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtG6--4r_qk&feature=player_detailpage

Jason Jones, the secretive co-founder of Bellevue game studio Bungie, emerged for a video the company produced to commemorate its 20th anniversary.

It's on YouTube, but it's more than a brief clip. It's a 55-minute documentary that provides an overview of the company's history from its start in Chicago through its acquisition by Microsoft and phenomenal success of its "Halo" franchise.

The video comes a few weeks before Microsoft begins promoting its new, post-Bungie Halo game at the PAX conference in Seattle, and reiterates Bungie's role in creating the franchise.

It also drops a few hints about the new "universe" game that Bungie's developing for Activision. There's even a screenshot (below) of a new realm that appears, just after Bungie's Marty O'Donnell says the new game will be "scary."

It looks like the upcoming game has renewable energy and some local flavor:

bung-thumb-600x345-25258.jpg

Place your Bungie Remembrance comments below.

This post has been promoted to an article

We will miss you Bungie thank you for making Halo so fun and epic.

Bungie was the worlds best gaming industry until they made halo:reach everything is wrong about that game and it just isn't halo, people like me that have been playing halo since 2002 know what im talking about halo 3 and reach gamers can't find many flaws about it, but they just dont know. i will remember bungie as a huge excitment and a even bigger let down, they didnt go out with a punch they left us with a slap on the face and let 343 fix their faulty work, thats u you guys can.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Halo was the the first FPS I had ever played. I started playing the day it came out (I was 5) and by the time I was 7 I had beaten it on Legendary with no help from anyone. I have some great memories with Bungie and with Halo. It's sad to see them leave but it's great to know they are moving onto something new. To honor Bungie I went to the Midnight Release of Halo: Reach (Reach was released ON my B-Day...best day ever!) and got the Legendary Edition of Halo: Reach, the Halo: Reach Controller, the Halo: Reach headset, the Halo: Reach Legendary Edition Guide, and Halo: Reach Kontrol Freaks. I spent $300+ in a matter of minuets. I am a hardcore Halo fan and always will be.

• 2 weeks later...

Bungie, I started playing halo when I was 6 and yes I am a young person but that game, that one game, changed my gaming life forever if I hadn't played it I'd be bored out of my wits! So ya know what thanks for all those years of fun and entertaining gaming. ;)

Actually I was 4.

I also need to say that if you could make all those games those wonderful wonderful games I am damn sure you make more:)

I'm with ya!