Microsoft Holodeck Patent Reveals the Future of Games

Spectral Jester

So then i'll need to have my console in a completely white room with no furniture? If yes, meh. If no, best news ever.

Exactly what i said. It's ridiculous if you need to install white panels around your Xbox. Otherwise, i don't see how should it work with some furniture in it.

Wow this looks to have the potential to be really cool. I would just hope that it doesn't end up being somewhat of a gimmick like most motion sensing and controlled devices so far. The Wii was never very competitive in the older gamer audience, and the move and Kinect were really just there to get in on the motion control action sparked by the Wii.

Exactly what i said. It's ridiculous if you need to install white panels around your Xbox. Otherwise, i don't see how should it work with some furniture in it.

Yeah, that's because of the expierences we've had with other technologies like this one.

My assumption is that without a completely white, plain room, you'll be able to see the environments. But even that only in the slightest way. And you definitely won't be able to interact with anything.

I wonder how MS are going to try to get this working. Right now with the current standing in technology, i don't see it.

Yeah, that's because of the expierences we've had with other technologies like this one.

My assumption is that without a completely white, plain room, you'll be able to see the environments. But even that only in the slightest way. And you definitely won't be able to interact with anything.

I wonder how MS are going to try to get this working. Right now with the current standing in technology, i don't see it.

It's definitely something that everybody would want but just like Wii, Kinect, and what ever motion technology PS uses it still has a lot of fine tuning to do. So I personally wouldn't want technology like this to come out until they have fully figured out that it will work and work perfectly.

• 4 weeks later...