Tips and Tricks Suggestions

Guest Psychoduck

Guest Psychoduck

Coming up with ideas for topics to cover in T&T videos isn't always easy. We're never sure exactly what people need help with unless we get suggestions. So, recommend topics to cover in T&T videos here! Make sure to be specific as to what you would expect to see covered in a certain topic.

Could we get a Tips and Tricks for forging indoors/in tight spaces for competitive/infection/invasion maps? I always see maps with multiple indoor rooms nested together and multiple floors, but most of my attempts at creating my own have failed. Thanks for your consideration and time.

• Like 2

Guest Psychoduck

Could we get a Tips and Tricks for forging indoors/in tight spaces for competitive/infection/invasion maps? I always see maps with multiple indoor rooms nested together and multiple floors, but most of my attempts at creating my own have failed. Thanks for your consideration and time.

I could probably cover a topic like "designing rooms". I'll look into it.

• Like 6

Guest Psychoduck

Could u possible to a vid abt how to make a small 1v1 2v2 map and give ur guys opinion on what weapons should and shouldn't be place in that small of a map I am having trouble trying to make a small but very fun competitive map

I get a lot of requests from people like this. The thing is, I can't just tell you how to make a map, or everyone will just make the same map, and make it that way just because of my word. Yes, I can give pointers on a subject, but figuring out how to build a map is something that you have to do. Also, the weapons that belong on a map depend on a lot of factors. the best way to learn how to do this is to look at maps which are known to be good, (so maps we've featured such as Angst and The Knowing would be good to look at if you're interested in making a 1v1/2v2 map) and analyze them and learn from them.

• Like 2

I personally would like to see a tutorial on spawn placement, number of spawns, and detail in properly setting up "Weak Spawn" and "Anti Spawn" zones and which are best suited for certain areas of a map. Also maybe give a detailed description of each forgeable spawn property and how they react to the Forge environment.

Thanks!!

- Choot :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I personally would like to see a tutorial on spawn placement, number of spawns, and detail in properly setting up "Weak Spawn" and "Anti Spawn" zones and which are best suited for certain areas of a map. Also maybe give a detailed description of each forgeable spawn property and how they react to the Forge environment.

Probably a good idea, duck. Go through the basics of back to a wall, facing where you want to go, the one second decision, and countering spawn killing positions.

Guest Psychoduck

Thanks!!

- Choot :thumbsup:

Probably a good idea, duck. Go through the basics of back to a wall, facing where you want to go, the one second decision, and countering spawn killing positions.

I essentially covered all of that in the "Spawning" video.

• Like 1

Guest Psychoduck

A T&T on the balance between height levels in competitive maps would be nice. You may have done it before, but types and methods of line-of-sight-blockers?

Like I say in the below quote. I cannot just tell you how to make a map. Things like height variation are covered to an extent in our risk vs reward tutorial, but covering them in any further capacity would involve me giving you a specific direction on how to construct an area, rather than tips and tricks that allow you to design your own area with some guidance.

I get a lot of requests from people like this. The thing is, I can't just tell you how to make a map, or everyone will just make the same map, and make it that way just because of my word. Yes, I can give pointers on a subject, but figuring out how to build a map is something that you have to do. Also, the weapons that belong on a map depend on a lot of factors. the best way to learn how to do this is to look at maps which are known to be good, (so maps we've featured such as Angst and The Knowing would be good to look at if you're interested in making a 1v1/2v2 map) and analyze them and learn from them.

• 3 weeks later...

Through contests and through the new map submission thread here, I would love to see a video series about changes someone could make to their map that they submitted.

Assuming that there are maps that have really good potential or some minor tweaks are needed, it would be a nice way for us to see those maps and get some input back on the ones which really can shine with a little help. You don't have to go through the whole map, but list major problems you see and give a couple of suggestions.

Guest Psychoduck

Through contests and through the new map submission thread here, I would love to see a video series about changes someone could make to their map that they submitted.

Assuming that there are maps that have really good potential or some minor tweaks are needed, it would be a nice way for us to see those maps and get some input back on the ones which really can shine with a little help. You don't have to go through the whole map, but list major problems you see and give a couple of suggestions.

Hmm, that is a very interesting suggestion. Perhaps I could compile a monthly or bi-weekly video listing feedback for all competitive maps submitted in that time. Unfortunately it would be extremely time consuming given the amount of submissions but I'll at least look into the possibility with Halo 4's release.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i posted this in the wrong poll ^^; ehehe:

"i posted something like this on THFE's youtube dominion video

little tip for you guys about turning dominion into an invasion-like game.

by flipping the dominion fortification barricades the correct way, when you take control of the terminal... the barricades fold out but into the wall, essentially turning them into doors to the next objective. if you if you want to make a lift/elevator, set a crate in the correct size shaft just over/on top of a dominion antenna. so that when it rises due to the fortification of a base, it lifts the crate up the shaft like an elevator. it practically turns it into an elevator.

i also got an idea by watching team epiphany's extendible bridge tutorial. (which i didn't really like seen as people could just walk down the crate shaft as a bridge, it pretty much is one). but anyway... i thought, if you had a gap to big to jump through... you could have some antennae lift up a crate like a stepping stone in the middle of the gap... so that you can continue.

if you are against a wall. have fold out covers drop out from the wall to make a cat walk.

these are all just a few ideas i have for halo 4. i hope you guys can get back to me on this. even use this in a vid or something. i've god quite a lot of ideas and tricks to share with you guys. thanks for reading (if you did)."

Hey, I'm new here and don't know if anyone posted anything like this, but concerning gravity fields, I would like to see someone make a mini game where players have to dodge with thruster pack ability flying objects. Things such as dice, crates, and even vehicles can be held afloat with two stacked gravity fields. Also, an idea to create a rebound effect are using one way shield doors. I learned that vehicles, even when not occupied will now rebound off of the one way shields. just some ideas, I hope someone can make a cool map if I don't first, lol. send me your gamertag so I can download your map if you create one... Thanks. :laughing:

• Like 1