SMITEM1

i am a hard core fan of halo i have loved the games the book but 343 will most likly kill halo i mean they have changed evry thing first the covanet come one why change them that much and the story looks good but i see flaws like how did the cheaf get the new armore and guns???? and how did master cheaf becume a miget compared to the elits look at that compared to the other games.

ps i dont mean to sound like a hater i just love the game to much to just see it die know so pls 343 dont kill this game buy terning it into a cod clone or something

I don't see why people are saying everyone here is saying, when almost this entire forum is following 343 blindly, the only people who say nay, are the people who actually understand what's happening. The opposers to the nay Sayers are the aforementioned 343-zombies.

Soree pplz butt teh fax r teh fax..

I don't see why people are saying everyone here is saying, when almost this entire forum is following 343 blindly, the only people who say nay, are the people who actually understand what's happening. The opposers to the nay Sayers are the aforementioned 343-zombies.

Soree pplz butt teh fax r teh fax..

Would you please elaborate on "whats really happening" so that we may better understand your argument?

I would assume Killerdudes response to this would contain the mentioning that Halo is getting the "COD Treatment" :laughing:

Am I really that easy to read?

Damn, suddenly I am slightly depressed..

But yes, our precious halo is beginning to turn into COD(enough small changes and they start not being small, it WILL happen sometime) I just down want to lose my favourite series to such a terrible series like COD...

the ORIGINAL fans are not happy about it

Lemme just point out, that some of us enjoy the way 343i's handling the series. my best mate and myself have been Halo fans since Combat evolved on the original Xbox. i've also read the majority of the Halo-related books and have the Halo: Legends anime too. Together we've tag-teamed our way through Coop legendary on every Halo game released, and we're both extremely keen for Halo: 4. All aspects of it.

Bungie separated from Microsoft and 343 Industries took over Halo

There are quite a few ex-Bungie employees in 343i. When Bungie decided to break away from the series and work on their own projects, a number of employees decided they wanted to continue the series with Microsoft's backing, and created 343i.

Now, some of you may agree, or disagree with me, but it's an opinion, not a fact, that you may consider the series in ruins, or heading to it. It's not Fact, simply because, you believe it. [also applies to religion in fact, but i'm not gunna go there.]

• Like 1

personal opinion. the first 3 halo's were prologues and with halo 4 coming out, the true story will begin. i highly doubt that the halo series is coming to an end. the story is just beginning and there will be many more to come..

personal opinion. the first 3 halo's were prologues and with halo 4 coming out, the true story will begin. i highly doubt that the halo series is coming to an end. the story is just beginning and there will be many more to come..

With that sentence I have lost quite a bit of respect for you as a fan.

Whether or not the Halo Series is destroyed is all opinion, and not one ounce of fact. The only measurement of how well the series will do is by looking back on the numbers once it has had enough time to be digested by the mass population.

Halo is not becoming CoD nor is it mimicking it in any way. Halo is simply using techniques found in other games, and has improved and expanded upon them. This is normal in the game industry. If you wanted to be quite literal, you could so far as to say that every title is trying to be Quake, or Doom, etc...

343 is comprised of all employees whom share a great passion for the Halo Universe. From what I have seen from all the VidOC's and other videos posted, they are coming out of the gate with more passion and love than Bungie ever did. 343 is taking Halo to it's rightful place in terms of evolution and continuing the many untold stories that lie within the Halo Universe. There is more to Halo than just a battle between the Covenant and Humans. If the series were to mimic the books, we would likely have over 50 Halo titles, each telling a new portion of what is found in the Halo Universe.

Killerdude and other like minded peeps....I really don't appreciate the "True fan" comments. I was a gamer long before you were all born, and followed the development of Halo long before it became a FPS. In terms of being a fan, I am an old old old school original. I feel as if 343 and Halo is taking the proper steps to become the dominant force in the FPS market. I have played, contributed and still contribute today, to the Halo franchise in terms of community content. So no, YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ANY FAN BUT YOURSELF!!!!

• Like 6

Whether or not the Halo Series is destroyed is all opinion, and not one ounce of fact. The only measurement of how well the series will do is by looking back on the numbers once it has had enough time to be digested by the mass population.

Halo is not becoming CoD nor is it mimicking it in any way. Halo is simply using techniques found in other games, and has improved and expanded upon them. This is normal in the game industry. If you wanted to be quite literal, you could so far as to say that every title is trying to be Quake, or Doom, etc...

343 is comprised of all employees whom share a great passion for the Halo Universe. From what I have seen from all the VidOC's and other videos posted, they are coming out of the gate with more passion and love than Bungie ever did. 343 is taking Halo to it's rightful place in terms of evolution and continuing the many untold stories that lie within the Halo Universe. There is more to Halo than just a battle between the Covenant and Humans. If the series were to mimic the books, we would likely have over 50 Halo titles, each telling a new portion of what is found in the Halo Universe.

Killerdude and other like minded peeps....I really don't appreciate the "True fan" comments. I was a gamer long before you were all born, and followed the development of Halo long before it became a FPS. In terms of being a fan, I am an old old old school original. I feel as if 343 and Halo is taking the proper steps to become the dominant force in the FPS market. I have played, contributed and still contribute today, to the Halo franchise in terms of community content. So no, YOU DO NOT SPEAK FOR ANY FAN BUT YOURSELF!!!!

Here! Here!

I KNOW I speak for myself, I am only voicing my opinion, I do not need a long, detailed post by a guy thinking he is the almighty and knows all, to subtlety tell me I'm an ******* and I'm just running my mouth. So, in the end, I guess fighting for what you believe in, is wrong..

Thanks dude, for taking us back to the mindset of a Medevil crusader, except this time, it ain't religious.

I KNOW I speak for myself, I am only voicing my opinion, I do not need a long, detailed post by a guy thinking he is the almighty and knows all, to subtlety tell me I'm an ******* and I'm just running my mouth. So, in the end, I guess fighting for what you believe in, is wrong..

Thanks dude, for taking us back to the mindset of a Medevil crusader, except this time, it ain't religious.

Twisting words and playing hurt makes you look bad. Twin said not to try to speak for others when you are but one person. Twin never said to quit fighting for what you believe in. Where the hell did you get that anyway? From whence did that topic emerge?
  • Like 1

Twisting words and playing hurt makes you look bad. Twin said not to try to speak for others when you are but one person. Twin never said to quit fighting for what you believe in. Where the hell did you get that anyway? From whence did that topic emerge?

1. It's insulting, the way he talks to me and others like me, quite frankly ive had enough. His constant "I'm older, so that means I'm right" is starting to get annoying. Seriously, if you look at his posts, that is what you see, A lot.

2. I've never spoken for anyone but myself, I like to think to myself that I speak for people with opinions Identical to my own, but I have never once, publicly spoken for anyone else.

3. It's more of an everywhere thing, everywhere i go here, my opinions are met with arguments and sometimes flame wars.(as rare as the latter is)

Playing hurt?

Sorry, is it so wrong to call someone out on something?

Christ man.

>:|

Edit:

You know, I feel better now, getting all the pent-up anger out.

:)

My problem is with the crazy prices for DLC. It used to be a sauce or cheese in the pie but it is now the other half of your pie. It has come to a point where people worry about a skin or some other useless piece of ****. I'm fine with DLC while it doesn't disadvantage you during gameplay, has a high level content/cost and actually improves gameplay. Games used to be so fun you could play the same maps almost forever and they would still be fun, it has shifted towards putting out worse games and just spam the amount of maps, transport and weapons while collecting more revenue.

1. It's insulting, the way he talks to me and others like me, quite frankly ive had enough. His constant "I'm older, so that means I'm right" is starting to get annoying. Seriously, if you look at his posts, that is what you see, A lot.

2. I've never spoken for anyone but myself, I like to think to myself that I speak for people with opinions Identical to my own, but I have never once, publicly spoken for anyone else.

3. It's more of an everywhere thing, everywhere i go here, my opinions are met with arguments and sometimes flame wars.(as rare as the latter is)

Playing hurt?

Sorry, is it so wrong to call someone out on something?

Christ man.

>:|

Edit:

You know, I feel better now, getting all the pent-up anger out.

:)

The fact of the matter is that you have not even played the game and yet you act as if they have already failed. Peccimists like you add nothing to great forums like these.

The fact of the matter is that you have not even played the game and yet you act as if they have already failed. Peccimists like you add nothing to great forums like these.

You know what, you are ALL, hypocrites, but you fail to accept that, you are all no different than I. The only difference is, im saying it's going to be Bad, you on the other hand are talking all on and on about how good it's gonna be, but god forbid anyone says its gonna suck, cause, y'know, that's something to be ashamed of, because you didn't hop on the bandwagon and agree with everyone else.

You know what, you are ALL, hypocrites, but you fail to accept that, you are all no different than I. The only difference is, im saying it's going to be Bad, you on the other hand are talking all on and on about how good it's gonna be, but god forbid anyone says its gonna suck, cause, y'know, that's something to be ashamed of, because you didn't hop on the bandwagon and agree with everyone else.

I would have much more respect for your opinion if it actually had legitimate reasoning behind it, such as maybe you played the game and then decided that it sucked, but you haven't.
  • Like 1

I would have much more respect for your opinion if it actually had legitimate reasoning behind it, such as maybe you played the game and then decided that it sucked, but you haven't.

Again, hypocritical statements....

"played the game and then decided that it [iNSERT WORD HERE]"

Play the game and THEN decide whether it was good, Christ. People like you make me sick...