Great one Dog. I too feel as if there has been some better experiences within the community, and Halo 4 looks to help us even further our bond to where ti used to be. I may not be the greatest person to be around all the time, but I am always here to help and bring people together, that is why I started that thread...to help us heal a bit. I am really glad that i was able to post such an inspiration thread, and see it receive attention. It makes me happy to see people of this community taking the right steps forward.

• Like 1

See what i believe unifies us is the one thing that lead to this glorious community being created by our wonderful Twam.

The game itself Halo, and Games in general.

See we should unify ourselves under the fact that we all love games, Halo obviously , but others also.

We need not focus on whether someone is MLG, or "noob", or a camper or anything else. We should just revel in the fact that we are all gamers, we come together as a one unit, moving together under the stresses of work and school while still being able to come onto this awesome community and post our opinions on topics or talk to each other in the shoutbox.

We need to focus on this ONE glorious fact, WE ARE GAMERS and we should not be divided by simple matters involving casual and competitive gamers :)

Come on people, UNIFY AND REJOICE!!!

Unfortunately, this one isn't up to us.

In Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3, there were a lot of different groups that had different views on how Halo should be played. While this led to debates, and sometimes shouting matches, there was still a bit of unity there. Why? Because we all loved HCE, H2, and H3. Even if we didn't, we could all say that it was still more fun than most FPS games on the market.

The main split in the community didn't come from casual vs competitive, MLG vs HLG, Canon followers vs game lovers. The main split started when Halo Reach was released and Bungie announced it was leaving Halo. Reach was the first game released that could actually be hated by the different groups within the community. A lot of casual players love Reach (mind you, I say a lot) and a lot of competitive players hate it. MLG and HLG was for the most part unwowed by Reach. Canon followers despised Reach and the game lovers either loved it or hated it.

The full split happened when 343i took over Halo. The community was shocked by how Reach turned out, and then was left with confusion about the company that they had known and come to love (which is rare with a game developer company) being replaced by an unknown and unproven entity. This pretty much shattered the Halo community as we knew it.

The bad news is that there is nothing we can do to fix this. The good news is that it is fixable though. 343i has to prove to the community that they can make Halo great again, and make Halo 4 the best game it can possibly be.

In my own educated and humble opinion, the only thing we can do is try to prevent the forest fire from spreading and pray for the rain to come and end the drought, if you'll forgive the metaphor.

We all love halo, and we need to get off our high horses and out of our gutters. Being good at a game isn't going to change anything in our lives unless you get into the pro circuit. We all play it to have fun, to pass time, and to take the reality of life off of our shoulders for a while. We ALL do. No matter if you are pro, or not. No matter if you hate or love Reach. You love Halo. Rejoice in that.

343I comunity UNITE!!!

Anyway, yeah the halo comunity has become abit.... "spread"... over the years, we do need to buck our ideas up and get together as one again. Hopefull 343 will help with that after they prove to the haters that they are worth it.

Didnt know you have been here for years O.o Lol, but i get what your saying :D It has become a little spread over time, however it has gotten better from what i hear