Playlist: Head to Head (Yes or No?)

Jaculah

Playlist: Head to Head (Yes or No?)  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Head to Head (1 vs 1) playlist featured in Halo 4?

Yes. I would. Though not in the way that Halo 3 did it.

Duels (Waypoints above players heads) is not the way to go. Neither is no radar. No radar encourages camping more than radar. Not that I care about camping.

Halo 3, for those who don't remember, instigated this system, as well as awkward versions of the maps that featured fusion coils everywhere, and really odd weapon placements. You had to learn the entire playlist and it's strangely made maps.

Instead of waypoints, and instead of no radar, and all this other business, they should spawn a power-up int he center of the map that grants the user 150m enhanced radar for 5 seconds. This sill easily help find any hiding players, but at the risk of being shot at yourself (which will also give away their location). And please, no rockets. Honestly.

Honestly, I don't see a 1v1 playlist happening. 2v2 playlists are commonly plagued by low population, so 1v1 would be even lower. And sooner or later (we see this happening in Reach right now) they will have to cut the playlist to consolidate the population.

If they did make a 1v1 playlist, then it would more than likely be the first playlist cut.

Honestly, I don't see a 1v1 playlist happening. 2v2 playlists are commonly plagued by low population, so 1v1 would be even lower. And sooner or later (we see this happening in Reach right now) they will have to cut the playlist to consolidate the population.

If they did make a 1v1 playlist, then it would more than likely be the first playlist cut.

I dont think population would be a big issue. You dont exactly have to fill a lobby. And besides. There isnt really a reason for there not to be a playlist for it. I mean why not?

I dont think population would be a big issue. You dont exactly have to fill a lobby. And besides. There isnt really a reason for there not to be a playlist for it. I mean why not?

Valid, but as I said it wouldn't be a hugely popular playlist to begin with. Team Doubles was a massively popular playlist (at least I never remember having to wait on a game), but they still had to cut it. And they actually cut it before population became a huge issue.

It wouldn't be the population of the 1v1 playlist that would be the issue, it would be the population of the other playlists. Halo 5 probably won't be coming out for another couple of years (if they follow the same pattern that they have been) so eventually H4 will become less and less played, just like Reach is now. This means that unless they start "herding" people out of the less popular playlists into the more popular ones, we will have trouble finding games in normal 4v4 and 8v8 gametypes.

As I said previously, I'm not against a 1v1 playlist, but I doubt it will happen.

As an MLG player I have always enjoyed 1v1 and 2v2 custom matches, it gives you something to warm up with. Do I believe that population would be an issue, yes. This does not mean that I think nobody would play it, in the beginning it would probably be one of the more popular playlists, but only because it would be new. As time passes it would get low in population and I agree with The Director that it would be the first to be dropped, but I still would love to have it for as long as possible. 1v1 would be a great first few matches of the day to get warmed up, then it would be a good time killer for boring days.

I don't think 1v1 would have a pop issue. It didn't in 3. After-all, you only have to find ONE other player. Some of the fastest MM in Halo 3 if I remember.

If it didn't have a population issue, then why was it not in Halo 3 anymore? When a game starts losing players (usually when it gets older) popular playlists become harder to find games in. So, the game developer (in this case 343i) has to cut playlists to force the players who play in them to play in the other playlists instead. CoD MW3 has a 1v1 playlist, and it's the least played playlist in the entire game. When it gets older, this playlist will probably be cut to force more players into the popular playlists (if Activision cares at all, at any rate).

If it didn't have a population issue, then why was it not in Halo 3 anymore? When a game starts losing players (usually when it gets older) popular playlists become harder to find games in. So, the game developer (in this case 343i) has to cut playlists to force the players who play in them to play in the other playlists instead. CoD MW3 has a 1v1 playlist, and it's the least played playlist in the entire game. When it gets older, this playlist will probably be cut to force more players into the popular playlists (if Activision cares at all, at any rate).

Specifically, how does it help the developers to do this? This is the question that could be answered and would end the pop. debate.

Specifically, how does it help the developers to do this? This is the question that could be answered and would end the pop. debate.

Quite simply, it keeps people playing the game, as I've said about three times now. If people play the game, then they are more likely to play the sequel (which means BUYING the sequel). This is why popular FPS games (and any multiplayer game for that matter) that has more than a 2 year half-life ends up cutting a few playlists to force players to populate the popular playlists. While there are a few exceptions to this rule (i.e. games that only have two or three playlists), this is something that's been going on for a very long time.

Quite simply, it keeps people playing the game, as I've said about three times now. If people play the game, then they are more likely to play the sequel (which means BUYING the sequel). This is why popular FPS games (and any multiplayer game for that matter) that has more than a 2 year half-life ends up cutting a few playlists to force players to populate the popular playlists. While there are a few exceptions to this rule (i.e. games that only have two or three playlists), this is something that's been going on for a very long time.

I see, so the idea is to keep them in game more, and to cut down on the waiting?

1v1 in Halo 2:

~ Low population

~ Way too much quitting

~ Unsportsman like conduct

~ Was Heaven for cheaters

I doubt they would bring it back...

Problems are meant to be fixed.

I am 100% positive that if they had 1v1 in halo 4 that there would be no 2 player partys and you would not have the option to play the person again.