Spartans

dinodares

So guys, I just wanted to make sure my information of Spartans is up-to-date and correct. So let's start. Spartan II's (MC, Noble 1-5)went through major experimental augmentations and wore Mark IV armor. Spartans III's (Noble 6)went through augmentation procedures that were more finalized and safer than the Spartan II's and wore Mark V armor. Spartan IV's went through less augmentation and were mass produced and wore Mark VI armor. That's what I know and any corrections are appreciated!

Correct on the Spartan II's!

Correct on the Spartan III's as well, every candidate survived the augmentation process to become a Spartan. Although some of the augmentations were altered this time round, so over time they'd lose brain function, and they could function even if they went into shock, and a medical injection was introduced regularly to counteract the brain function loss over time (I think).

And they were mass produced as well, with less survival odds, basically used for extreme suicide missions. They used Semi-Powered Infiltration armour, more advanced then ODST armour, but far lass advanced then the MJLONIR armour, it focused on stealth rather then strength, and had special photo-reactive panels that mimicked the environment (camouflage).

I'm not sure about the augmentations and armour use for the Spartan IV's. Apparently (according to Halo wiki) they were Adult volunteers, and surviving members from previous programmes were invited to become a part of the Spartan IV project. They were also augmented to wear a variation of the MJOLNIR Gen2 armour!

Hope that has helped, and like you, if someone reads this and believes I have made a mistake, go ahead and correct me :)

It does mention Noble team, but it looks as if the game, Halo: Reach, just blows lore right out of the equation :/ Maybe others agree with me, it'll be interesting to see :)

• Like 2

So guys, I just wanted to make sure my information of Spartans is up-to-date and correct. So let's start. Spartan II's (MC, Noble 1-5)went through major experimental augmentations and wore Mark IV armor. Spartans III's (Noble 6)went through augmentation procedures that were more finalized and safer than the Spartan II's and wore Mark V armor. Spartan IV's went through less augmentation and were mass produced and wore Mark VI armor. That's what I know and any corrections are appreciated!

Actually, the only Spartan II on Noble team was Jorge lol the rest were Spartan III's.

The Spartan III's Enhancements weren't "finalized", they made some trade-offs for safety so that they could mass produce the Spartans III's.

The Spartan IV's Enhancements are finalized, and thought to be completely safe. While the efficacy of these treatments is unknown as of yet, it is theorized that they will have the same level of enhancements (and perhaps more) of Spartan III's.

The Spartan II's wore MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor of varying marks (from Mk III to Mk VI I believe, but it could be from Mk II to Mk VI), the Spartan III's wore SPI armor, as well as MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor mixed with other types of Assault Armor.

• Like 2

Actually, the only Spartan II on Noble team was Jorge lol the rest were Spartan III's.

The Spartan III's Enhancements weren't "finalized", they made some trade-offs for safety so that they could mass produce the Spartans III's.

The Spartan IV's Enhancements are finalized, and thought to be completely safe. While the efficacy of these treatments is unknown as of yet, it is theorized that they will have the same level of enhancements (and perhaps more) of Spartan III's.

The Spartan II's wore MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor of varying marks (from Mk III to Mk VI I believe, but it could be from Mk II to Mk VI), the Spartan III's wore SPI armor, as well as MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor mixed with other types of Assault Armor.

Oh. Wow. I was way off.

• 2 weeks later...

We could "bla bla bla" about which Spartan got the better enhancement, but it is unarguably that the Spartan IIs are the best ones. They set a standard for Spartans that has not jet been surpassed by any of the other generations. I bet Johnson could take on a Spartan III, maybe his badass attitude and reputation would scare the pants off a Spartan III or IV.

Did you guys forget about the ORION Project? Or spartan I's as their known know. Although they wern't given augmentations as much as drugs, it was still effective to make their performance faster, stronger and their operations more efficient. One of the favorite characters of the Halo series is a Spartan I, Sargent Avery Johnson. Although the spartan I's were just the basis to what the program could achieve, they were humanity's first supersoldiers (besides Captain America) and many (like Johnson) would continue serving the UNSC long after the usual serving time of normal humans.

Do we know how effective the gene treatments for Mk 4's are though?

Can anyone get them?

Considering Mk 4's are willing adults, and that it has been some time since the original program, I would wager that the enhancements have probably been broadened enough to be used on just about anybody, but that they won't be quite as effective as the Mk 2's.

• Like 1

Considering Mk 4's are willing adults, and that it has been some time since the original program, I would wager that the enhancements have probably been broadened enough to be used on just about anybody, but that they won't be quite as effective as the Mk 2's.

you mean Spartan 2's and 4's because mk. 2's and 4's were the mjolnir armor

Do you think the S4's are slower? or have higher damage ratio compared to the S2's.

Part of the adjustment for making it available to a larger population probably included at least a small decrease in effectiveness, but even if the S4s have equal enhancement to the S2s, the S2s lifetime training and practice would probably make them superior in most engagements. In terms of damage ratios, that more apropriately applies to weaponry, but I think its more a question of effectiveness in combat versus cost-effectiveness.

Part of the adjustment for making it available to a larger population probably included at least a small decrease in effectiveness, but even if the S4s have equal enhancement to the S2s, the S2s lifetime training and practice would probably make them superior in most engagements. In terms of damage ratios, that more apropriately applies to weaponry, but I think its more a question of effectiveness in combat versus cost-effectiveness.

Interesting

and your thoughts on the campaign?,just off the top of your head,this installment of the game is the 1st act,how do you see it play out?

I can imagine a number of ways for the campaign to play out, but for some reason I keep coming back to Chief getting set against the captain of the Infinity in order to protect Cortana, which results in him being set at least slightly at odds with the UNSC. In terms of what will happen overall, I can't help but think that we will once again discover a Flood infestation and have to deal with it in true Spartan fashion, as well as dealing with a resurgent threat from the Brutes and Sangheili (think I spelled that right) dissidents. I can't wait to see how things play out.

One thing I do hope happens but don't expect to see is that Cortana achieves metastability. Personally, I would very much like to meet the AI that Halsey attempted to make effectively immortal by creating for it an eleventh-dimensional matrix through the use of an "acquired" slipspace drive. And yes, that is speculation based on the contents of Dr. Halsey's journal.

You know, this has nothing to do with Spartans.

I think we will end up fighting beside Spartan 4s as the Chief, though I wouldn't really mind facing them in the campaign either. It'll be interesting to see how they and the marines interact with the Chief with the Spartan 2 project under public investigation.

• Like 1

They would have to have prior experience of a spartan 2 to react any other way other than their military training dictates but it doesn't stop snide comments coming through if 343 has put that element into the game.

I wonder if there is an archetype of Sgt Johnson persona in amongst the S4's or touch on something close to carry the lineage on