Public Relations

SykoWolf

I had this suggestion for Twam and the Mods/Staff.

You should create a new group of staff called the Public Relations, whose job it is to welcome and help new people to our forums. So if they have any questions then they can talk to the PR guys who can help the best they can.

Other then that, their other duties can include handling low level complaints (not reports) about the site. If they have suggestions to make then the PR department can pass them on to the Mods or Twam.

Another duty could include creating PR announcements which will inform people of upcoming changes to the forum or the staff.

These would really help the mod's so that they can focus on their major role of killing trolls with the ban hammer and keeping us all calm.

I would like responses from two main groups really.

The first is current or former staff/mods, i want to know if it would help you guys if we had a PR group.

The second group i want replies from are the "new" members, or members who joined recently, i would like to know if a PR dep would have helped you when you first arrived here in our great community :D

Just keep in mind that this is a suggestion only :D

• Like 4

Honestly, whilst I think it is a good idea, new members get sent a welcome pm, which has links to forum rules, members ranks and colors, introduction section, and various other things, so they are getting that anyway

Understood, thats why i added other jobs they could do.

But as i said, this is a suggestion

But they can just ask someone else who's been here a long time and they can just give the same answer.

I don't see why that job is needed.

Mods can do all of the reports and such.

And, its always fun to not know who the next staff or Moderators are, keep them in suspense ;D

• Like 2

Honestly, whilst I think it is a good idea, new members get sent a welcome pm, which has links to forum rules, members ranks and colors, introduction section, and various other things, so they are getting that anyway

One thing is that most members don't even know about the PM system here, and don't ever look, and instead nag us on the shoutbox for help which is fine, but the PM just doesn't get read by members.

• Like 2

Then the simple answer to that is they are lazy, the notifications default to on. So there is a red 1 displayed on there screen, there are enough threads in the various sections for people to read, you can't spoon feed people all the time. Members that stick and become active read the forums and threads, members that register ask a question then disappear are the ones that can't be bothered to read anything, that's who the role would be helping.

• Like 2

when did that come around? I didn't get one back in April.

Also, although this would be nice, most new members just jump on the shout box and ask for an answer to problem we can't help them with. Most members who have been here for a while end up telling them that this is a community site. Good idea, may nit be needed.

Keep in mind though, the job wouldn't just be about helping new members get adjusted. The main role would be for people to talk to the PR department regarding issues they might be having or for suggestions they have, then the PR group could report problems up to the Mods.

I understand what all you guys are saying though

I honestly don't think this would work well.

First of all new members just can ask members in the shoutbox questions.

When members are in the shoutbox they get the same questions from new members..

That proves that just a member that stays 1 month can answer them.

because when I first joined I knew everything about this site in 4 weeks.

And about the low level complaints it would help the moderator's just a little.

But when I mean little I mean little.

I see bans once in a while. I see posts that are Fighting//Inappropriate/Pointless/etc.

But the Pr group would help only a little tiny in the forum.