Weapon's Vs Vehicles

Jezzertle26

Should 343 make the vehicles better, to a sence?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the sniper rifle in halo 4 should wreak vehicles like halo reach ( not drivers, vehicles)?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, they can make it so you must shoot critical points to kill a vehicle (like wheels and wings)
  2. 2. Should the halo 4 mid-range weapons (BR, DMR, etc) kill vehicles like they do in halo reach

• Yes
    • No

I've been playing halo lately to prepare for halo 4, yeah i know but it makes me feel good and its still fun. anyways i was playing big team battle with my buddys just for some fun, but thats not what i got. I realized that in halo reach the weapons can distroy vehicles without any problems, but im not talking about power weapons im talking about, normal everyday dmrs, if two people teamed up and just used the dmr to shoot a warthog, not the driver the vehicle it self they would kill the driver/ the warthog with in 15 seconds. sure that doesnt sound bad but that is two people but on big team battle there are 8 on the enemy team, nuff said there, plus to add on to this the sniper rifle is the number one choice when it comes to wreaking vehicles, ITS A ANTI-INFANTIRY WEAPON not TANK, 6 shots to a tanks treads and it game over, which is very annoying trust me. so what im saying in general and why this is on the halo 4 forums is because i dont want this for halo 4, i remember the good old days where when someone had a ghost you had 4 opinions Jack, blow up, kill the driver, or trick them off a edge, halo reach you get about 3 more, snipe the ghost, shoot the ghost with the dmr a couple times, or armor lock, but seeing as how armor lock is out of the game, you just need to make vehicles the kings again, i have yet to played big team battle on halo 3 where the tank is left alone because they know, that they are going to die just cause the combined power of a sniper and a couple dmrs, so for halo 4 they need to make the 4 opinions i said before the ones that work not the other two, please answer the poll i will be putting up that way i can get my point to more people fast

thanks for reading;

Ertle26

Well, actually the Halo Sniper rifle isn't anti infantry, it's anti-material. This means it's main purpose is for use against heavily armored infantry and vehicles. While we see it used against infantry the most, the round the sniper rifle fires is 14.5x114mm (for Halo Reach). This is actually an anti-tank round.

• Like 3

But, the halo 3 vehicles were too op IMO, basically nothing, even rockets, found it hard to kill stuff like tanks and Warthogs.

The Halo Reach vehicles are too weak, DMR's can kill them, they need to find the perfect balance between the two so Vehicles/Infantry aren't OP.

• Like 2

Personally, the only things I think that should be able to destroy vehicles are anti-vehicular weaponry (i.e. the Sniper Rifle, Splaser, Rockets, etc.) Anything else shouldn't even effect the vehicles, as the vehicles in Halo are war machines and are made to be resistant to small arms fire.

i guess to an extent that makes sence since in the real world the barertt 50 cal. sniper is anti-tank, but they do need to dim it dowm a little, maybe the sniper can stop, but not distroy, like battlefield 3 where a vehicle is disabled that would provide a happy medium for people, so for instance when a tank is shoot in all four treads it cant move, which would make it very weak and defenceless (besides the cannon and turret) which would not distroy but bring the distruction to it, i think that would be a good compremise.

I think so.. what happens if you unload a couple clips or a high powered assault rifle (Real life) into a armored Humvee? Odds are that there will be some damage to that vehicle.

So yeah, I do think weapons should affect vehicles and cause damage and possibly destroy them.

Personally, the only things I think that should be able to destroy vehicles are anti-vehicular weaponry (i.e. the Sniper Rifle, Splaser, Rockets, etc.) Anything else shouldn't even effect the vehicles, as the vehicles in Halo are war machines and are made to be resistant to small arms fire.

exactly! Couldn't't have said it better myself.

ok take away all the real world/ game sniper asspects, and just think balance, a vehicle can be murdered from across the map with a sniper and what can that vehicle do, nothing but hide, i think it's bad when i dont hide from a laser, or rockets with a vehicle, but do hide from a sniper, the worst part is the guy with the rockets has to be closer, to me so he is taking a risk to kill me, with a sniper he is not, remember just think gameplay not realism, the sniper that kills vehicles, encourages camping in that rock in Hemerage, and theres not a single thing someone can do about it, because when your driving across a wide open map like hemerage, then you should be more concerned with the vehicle in front of you not the guy in the corner sniping, just think what sounds far, sure a sniper is a powerful weapon, but people cant be trusted they abuse the power, like armor lock and the grenades, just stop thinking realism, and start thinking gameplay, cause i rater have a fair and fun unrealist game over a game where everything is over power, might as well be playing battlefield 3 ( which is a great game) but i want to play halo. one reason you guys arent supporting me is proably cause you arent the drivers like me, anyone who takes the wheel instead of the gun because they know they can get at least 3 wheelmens before there car blows up, will support this trust me, its very annoying when you are just trying to get a wheelman, and help your teammate when a sniper who is getting a double kill every five seconds cause they keep kill those guys trying to work to gether, i get it, you like kills and you can only get them with the sniper rifle, because in this debate there are two sides, the people who dislike this stuff and there are people who abuse it for there own game, personly i would rater get a buddy on the back of my hog, with the gun then sit in the very back of the map killing things that arent even a treat to you, just because you can, it truly pisses me off, people should not be rewarded by doing this, they are camping and getting killing sprees and not even realy getting touched by a single bullet, not because they are good at the game, but they have a very long range gun and a lot of big and weak targets to shoot at, we need halo to require skill again because im kinda sick and tired of getting my butt whooped, not cause im bad, not cause i suck at driving or gunning but because the damage plus range on that stupid gun, if you try to bum rush a sniper with a hog, you can kiss you life good bye, sure i can grab the sniper at our base, but wait the kid is waiting for you to do that too, so i cant use a sniper to shoot the kid, if i take a vehicle im dead, and of course if i walk im going to die, eather by the sniper or something else, see you wont have a safe haven that you can resort to because the sniper covers all the bases, they need to nerf that things damage on vehicles or do something, i've been playing halo all my life and been driving halo vehicles with that, and these last two years of losing my vehicle to some little kid who has zero skill out side of that dumb sniper rifle, i dont want that for halo 4 and if its like that i wont play big team battle, which was my favorite back in halo 3 days, i dont know i just really can stand that stuff, and if you have a problem with my opinion on this then i know where you are in big team battle, cause its not driving, (proably the one siting on that stupid rock aiming down the sight) now to close this off im going to give a few examples i want you to think about, number one: if your driving a warthog should you have to worry about the other teams sniper when your fighting a wraith, a ghost, a reveranet, and two more warthog, well i do all the time cause all it takes is about 5 shots, example number two, this is for your realism guys go, play halo wars, and use the jackels, (which are the snipers), vs a warthog, and lastly this is more of a go see it your self, go play big team battle on halo reach, with the map being hemerage, or one with the sniper, and just drive and try to get kills, now that sniper kid is in about 75% of the games, so you should see what im talking about that is all i have to say, i wrote this with all the intentions not to affend anyone, i am just stating my felling about the sniper vs vehicles issue, and if you enjoy using the sniper and you think im scum, calm down cause im just the guy your blowing up as he attempts to run away with my vehicle, that is all thanks for reading this, please make sure you post your opinion on this issue good or bad,

thanks,

Ertle26

P.S. sorry for some of the misspelling i just kinda typed this up real fast

short-to-mid range weapons should be able to damage but should take a lot of time to completely destroy a vehicle. Snipers should take something like one round to destroy a vehicle, but only shooting the critical spots.

ok take away all the real world/ game sniper asspects, and just think balance, a vehicle can be murdered from across the map with a sniper and what can that vehicle do, nothing but hide, i think it's bad when i dont hide from a laser, or rockets with a vehicle, but do hide from a sniper, the worst part is the guy with the rockets has to be closer, to me so he is taking a risk to kill me, with a sniper he is not, remember just think gameplay not realism, the sniper that kills vehicles, encourages camping in that rock in Hemerage, and theres not a single thing someone can do about it, because when your driving across a wide open map like hemerage, then you should be more concerned with the vehicle in front of you not the guy in the corner sniping, just think what sounds far, sure a sniper is a powerful weapon, but people cant be trusted they abuse the power, like armor lock and the grenades, just stop thinking realism, and start thinking gameplay, cause i rater have a fair and fun unrealist game over a game where everything is over power, might as well be playing battlefield 3 ( which is a great game) but i want to play halo. one reason you guys arent supporting me is proably cause you arent the drivers like me, anyone who takes the wheel instead of the gun because they know they can get at least 3 wheelmens before there car blows up, will support this trust me, its very annoying when you are just trying to get a wheelman, and help your teammate when a sniper who is getting a double kill every five seconds cause they keep kill those guys trying to work to gether, i get it, you like kills and you can only get them with the sniper rifle, because in this debate there are two sides, the people who dislike this stuff and there are people who abuse it for there own game, personly i would rater get a buddy on the back of my hog, with the gun then sit in the very back of the map killing things that arent even a treat to you, just because you can, it truly pisses me off, people should not be rewarded by doing this, they are camping and getting killing sprees and not even realy getting touched by a single bullet, not because they are good at the game, but they have a very long range gun and a lot of big and weak targets to shoot at, we need halo to require skill again because im kinda sick and tired of getting my butt whooped, not cause im bad, not cause i suck at driving or gunning but because the damage plus range on that stupid gun, if you try to bum rush a sniper with a hog, you can kiss you life good bye, sure i can grab the sniper at our base, but wait the kid is waiting for you to do that too, so i cant use a sniper to shoot the kid, if i take a vehicle im dead, and of course if i walk im going to die, eather by the sniper or something else, see you wont have a safe haven that you can resort to because the sniper covers all the bases, they need to nerf that things damage on vehicles or do something, i've been playing halo all my life and been driving halo vehicles with that, and these last two years of losing my vehicle to some little kid who has zero skill out side of that dumb sniper rifle, i dont want that for halo 4 and if its like that i wont play big team battle, which was my favorite back in halo 3 days, i dont know i just really can stand that stuff, and if you have a problem with my opinion on this then i know where you are in big team battle, cause its not driving, (proably the one siting on that stupid rock aiming down the sight) now to close this off im going to give a few examples i want you to think about, number one: if your driving a warthog should you have to worry about the other teams sniper when your fighting a wraith, a ghost, a reveranet, and two more warthog, well i do all the time cause all it takes is about 5 shots, example number two, this is for your realism guys go, play halo wars, and use the jackels, (which are the snipers), vs a warthog, and lastly this is more of a go see it your self, go play big team battle on halo reach, with the map being hemerage, or one with the sniper, and just drive and try to get kills, now that sniper kid is in about 75% of the games, so you should see what im talking about that is all i have to say, i wrote this with all the intentions not to affend anyone, i am just stating my felling about the sniper vs vehicles issue, and if you enjoy using the sniper and you think im scum, calm down cause im just the guy your blowing up as he attempts to run away with my vehicle, that is all thanks for reading this, please make sure you post your opinion on this issue good or bad,

thanks,

Ertle26

P.S. sorry for some of the misspelling i just kinda typed this up real fast

I agree with this

we really have to forget about realism when their is such an imbalance in the game.

I think the sniper and stuff like that can stay. But the mid range I think should only work on people. Maybe some damage to vehicles but not like reach. I really hate it when I blow up because I got shot by a needle rife or something like that.

Well, actually the Halo Sniper rifle isn't anti infantry, it's anti-material. This means it's main purpose is for use against heavily armored infantry and vehicles. While we see it used against infantry the most, the round the sniper rifle fires is 14.5x114mm (for Halo Reach). This is actually an anti-tank round.

You hit the nail on the head, it is an anti-materiel rifle, designed to take out hard targets and the engine blocks of light armoured vehicles, not a tank which would be to well protected to be affected by such a small round (relatively speaking of course). Ghosts, warthogs and other such vehicles should be affected by the sniper rifle, but the tank and wraith should be able to shrug of twelve rounds easily before even having to worry about it. As for the smaller calibre weapons, you might be able to chip the paint and bust the windscreen but that's about it.

the DMR in Reach is a joke...it kills tanks, warthogs, revies, and ghosts way too fast. I like the sniper rifle though, it is a power weapon for a reason so it should take 4 shots to kill a tank or something, but I like the addition of having to hit critical points on the vehicle too.

You hit the nail on the head, it is an anti-materiel rifle, designed to take out hard targets and the engine blocks of light armoured vehicles, not a tank which would be to well protected to be affected by such a small round (relatively speaking of course). Ghosts, warthogs and other such vehicles should be affected by the sniper rifle, but the tank and wraith should be able to shrug of twelve rounds easily before even having to worry about it. As for the smaller calibre weapons, you might be able to chip the paint and bust the windscreen but that's about it.

one thing you must look at is not realism but gameplay, if this was realistic then, i personally would be killing every living thing with a plasma repeater, plasma, in case you dont know, is super hot, like the magma hot, if not hotter, i think a lava gun beats everything, but you must focus on gameplay

• 1 month later...

one thing you must look at is not realism but gameplay, if this was realistic then, i personally would be killing every living thing with a plasma repeater, plasma, in case you don't know, is super hot, like the magma hot, if not hotter, i think a lava gun beats everything, but you must focus on gameplay

It is in the name of gameplay that I made that post. Vehicles in Reach were worthless! When you can be killed by a guy using a sniper from across the map in six shots what's the point of even having a tank. If you give infantry to many options to destroy enemy vehicles you make the vehicles useless. The only decent vehicle in Reach was the revanant (I have no clue how to spell that) and even then it still gets murdered by everything.

I understand that in Halo 3 that the vehicles could sometimes be annoying, but I think they went way, way to far (considering snipers in 3 did no damage to tanks whatsoever). The reason I say 12 rounds with the sniper is that if an enemy tank is really annoying your team and all you have is a sniper you can still kill the tank, you just have to use up all your rounds doing it.

And yes I am aware that plasma is extremely hot and that if it was realistic the plasma weapons would destroy everything. The first part of my post was simply correcting the sleight error made by the other person and in no way was I condoning that halo be made realistic. I apologise for any confusion that my post may have caused.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked in Reach that a team effort with mid ranged weapons could destroy veichles and make a difference in spawn camping wraiths and scorpions. It also adds more value to the strategic decisions and personalities of the veichular pilots. You don't always have the time or opportunities to manage power weapons or line up those special shots, especially with the guass hogs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...