SCIENCE THREAD!

miniamp

LISTEN UP PEOPLE. WE'RE GONNA HAVE A SCIENCE THREAD THAT HAS TO DO WITH ANYTHING SCIENCE RELATED, ranging from facts, links, pictures, theories, ect... the whole point of this thread is to learn from each other :D

I'll start with a few,

1. Did you know that Scientists say that in the next 400 years the probability of not meeting extraterrestrial life is almost 0%?

2. We have the technology to terraform Mars into an Earth, but the results won't be seen in our lifetime since it would take 500 years for it to transform.

3. Astronomers/ Scientists say that the first "Martians" have already been born

That's all I have on the top of my head, but feel free to share!

• Like 1

Did you know that if NASA's funding increased by 15%, we might be able to afford a colony on Mars in the next two decades?

Now time for some troll science facts! :D (these make fun of statistics :D)

Did you know that according to statistics water, sleep, and eating are the most dangerous things ever? 100% of people who either eat, sleep, or drink water die! :o

Oh, also, FIRST! :D

• Like 1

Scientist say they can create a sonic screwdriver from doctor who? <----- Science of doctor who

Did you know that when astronaughts travel to the moon they go into the future by a mili-second -------

-> Did you know that science has proven time travel to be a possibility by traveling super fast?

*stupid post didn't save so I had to reload the page and the director beat me -_-*

There is nothing in the Laws of Physics that forbids time travel, but the theory is that if you did travel back in time, you would not go back in time in this universe, but instead go to another universe that is at the time you wished to travel back in. So once you time travel, you never come back to your actual starting point.

Minuette-damn you and your 1 second faster post.

• Like 1

There is nothing in the Laws of Physics that forbids time travel, but the theory is that if you did travel back in time, you would not go back in time in this universe, but instead go to another universe that is at the time you wished to travel back in. So once you time travel, you never come back to your actual starting point.

Minuette-damn you and your 1 second faster post.

now that is cool

A parsec is a distance equal to 3.26 light years.

A bolide is a meteorite that explodes in atmosphere.

Comets' comas can expand to be larger than the sun.

It is believed that there is a supermassive black hole in the center of the milky way.

It is the decreased pressure above the wings of the airplane that provides the most lift, not the increased pressure beneath them.

The thermosphere is the hottest place on Earth, but a human can't feel it because it is too close to the vacuum of space.

The milky way and Andromeda galaxies will collide in several hundred m/billion years.

Neptune used to be in front of Uranus.

Nuclear Fusion makes a lot of energy and minimal waste.

-> Did you know that science has proven time travel to be a possibility by traveling super fast.

Note: Speed of light will mean SOL

I watched a show about that somewhere. They built this train around the world and as the train was at the brink of the SOL( i dont think you can actually pass it up) the time inside of the train slowed down so a little girl running down the asile would not go faster than the SOL. what happened was that 100 years had passed outside the train but inside the train only 2 weeks had passed. thanks of getting me to remember tht =D

i would love to be immortal or something just to see what happens in the future. Its a shame that all of us will miss out on alot of amazing technological advances

Time travel isn't possible in the Third Dimension, unfortunately. The hypothesis that if you go fast enough you can make the universe around you slow down is a bit... eccentric to say the least. There is very little evidence to back up this hypothesis, and the only evidence that comes close to backing it up are certain particles which seem to move between dimensions. Then again, they can't even prove that these particles actually do move between dimensions.

The only way that one would be able to travel time effectively (i.e. go into the past or future) would be to go from the 3rd dimension to a "higher" dimension. The 10th dimension would be the most effective way, and the fourth would be the least. The 10th dimension includes all of everything, from different universes to different galaxies, while the 4th dimension is a more personal timeline.

The problem with this, however, is that it is theoretically impossible to travel from the 3rd dimension to a different dimension. It actually theoretically impossible to travel from one dimension to the next (i.e. from the 10th to the 9th). What we see on a piece of paper is how the creatures in the 10th dimension would view us. Actually, probably far less than a drawing on a piece of paper, considering that we live in the 3rd and a drawing is 2 dimensional, so we are technically only 1 dimension away.

• Like 1

Time travel isn't possible in the Third Dimension, unfortunately. The hypothesis that if you go fast enough you can make the universe around you slow down is a bit... eccentric to say the least. There is very little evidence to back up this hypothesis, and the only evidence that comes close to backing it up are certain particles which seem to move between dimensions. Then again, they can't even prove that these particles actually do move between dimensions.

The only way that one would be able to travel time effectively (i.e. go into the past or future) would be to go from the 3rd dimension to a "higher" dimension. The 10th dimension would be the most effective way, and the fourth would be the least. The 10th dimension includes all of everything, from different universes to different galaxies, while the 4th dimension is a more personal timeline.

The problem with this, however, is that it is theoretically impossible to travel from the 3rd dimension to a different dimension. It actually theoretically impossible to travel from one dimension to the next (i.e. from the 10th to the 9th). What we see on a piece of paper is how the creatures in the 10th dimension would view us. Actually, probably far less than a drawing on a piece of paper, considering that we live in the 3rd and a drawing is 2 dimensional, so we are technically only 1 dimension away.

that seriously just blew my mind

Did you know that if NASA's funding increased by 15%, we might be able to afford a colony on Mars in the next two decades?

There's actually an independent project to put people on Mars by 2023.

As a Chemist I wouldn't have a clue if it would be viable or what they say is truthful. I just set fire to things and make drugs. You know the legal, help people kind :laughing:

Half the 'science' taught in schools isnt realy true, just a simplified version to make it easy for 'dumb kids' to learn

As I'm going into teaching and as personal experience from going up the steps to degree level science I can agree fully with this statement. But then again it helps build it up to the overall learning. Try teaching young kids quantum science and see how that goes :laughing:

I don't know a lot about science, but I've had this theory that I've always thought about.

Time travel will inevitably exist, meaning that the past before us is constantly and rapidly changing. Every millisecond the entire timeline is being changed and re-arranged. I mean, even if only one person in our future went back, it would change things so much that they would suddenly be going back for a different reason, or maybe they don't exist and it's someone else, but either way that alone causes different temporal shifts. Our timeline is under constant change and what you were actually going to be doing only milliseconds ago you aren't doing now because someone changed something up and now you're reading this, you just don't remember it because now your destined to. But as I said there are infinite timelines and in a millisecond you'll be doing something entirely different in the freshest timeline. Just realize you weren't reading this before, and in the future the reason you remember these events, they never actually happened originally, and pretty much anything that did really happen in your life has long been wiped away.

I don't know a lot about science, but I've had this theory that I've always thought about.

Time travel will inevitably exist, meaning that the past before us is constantly and rapidly changing. Every millisecond the entire timeline is being changed and re-arranged. I mean, even if only one person in our future went back, it would change things so much that they would suddenly be going back for a different reason, or maybe they don't exist and it's someone else, but either way that alone causes different temporal shifts. Our timeline is under constant change and what you were actually going to be doing only milliseconds ago you aren't doing now because someone changed something up and now you're reading this, you just don't remember it because now your destined to. But as I said there are infinite timelines and in a millisecond you'll be doing something entirely different in the freshest timeline. Just realize you weren't reading this before, and in the future the reason you remember these events, they never actually happened originally, and pretty much anything that did really happen in your life has long been wiped away.

The thing is with time-travel is that if you go back in time to change something then you have changed the need to go back in time and change this thing, as it no longer exists therefore you do not go back in time in the future to change the thing so the thing is no longer changed therefore you will, of course, go back in time to change said thing and then there will be no need to change that thing and so you will not have gone back in time to change the thing so it will happen and you will have to go back in time to change the thing then it will not have exsisted in order to go back in time and change said thing and so....

PARADOX!