•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 03:31 PM) Welcome to the forums, Lloydwem! :welcome: View Lloydwem's Profile
@  343iBot : (19 November 2019 - 02:05 PM) Welcome to the forums, Woodrowabsemo! :welcome: View Woodrowabsemo's Profile
@  Maestro : (19 November 2019 - 12:32 PM) I'm hoping at least the campaigns and custom games are cross-platform. I've heard PC players may have an advantage with matchmaking but I'm not 100% sure about it
@  RedStarRocket91 : (18 November 2019 - 03:30 AM) @UNSC Spartan-II No clue, but I hope so
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 03:41 PM) Welcome to the forums, Skyanics! :welcome: View Skyanics's Profile
@  343iBot : (17 November 2019 - 01:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, OksanaDek! :welcome: View OksanaDek's Profile
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 08:13 AM) Site Poll 106 is up: http://www.343indust...iring/?p=394088
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) They've done so with HW2, I'm sure they will with MCC as well.
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:51 AM) @RedStarRocket91 I'm on board, will cross-platform sessions be available?
@  UNSC Spartan-II : (17 November 2019 - 07:50 AM) @Melody @Vitamin Pwn @Tommy @RedStarRocket91 Hey fam
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 11:44 PM) Welcome to the forums, Feliciabaw! :welcome: View Feliciabaw's Profile
@  343iBot : (16 November 2019 - 03:55 PM) Welcome to the forums, leighca16! :welcome: View leighca16's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (16 November 2019 - 12:52 AM) im down to play some reach when it's out on pc
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 11:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Balkonmepgotuyj! :welcome: View Balkonmepgotuyj's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 10:37 PM) I agree
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) Scrape together everyone who's still here and just play the heck out of some customs
@  RedStarRocket91 : (15 November 2019 - 05:24 PM) You know, once Reach comes out fully on PC, we should have a big old community event on it
@  Vitamin Pwn : (15 November 2019 - 02:22 PM) :sofa:
@  343iBot : (15 November 2019 - 09:20 AM) Welcome to the forums, brarnette! :welcome: View brarnette's Profile
@  Tommy : (15 November 2019 - 12:47 AM) Hey everyone

Photo

Official Q and A thread for SURVIVOR Halo Style

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

Please place all questions concerning the SURVIVOR Halo Style competition here.

Official Sign Up and Overview!

Posted Image

#2 Baby Boo

Baby Boo

Banned

• Banned
  • 0 posts
Liked

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

When do you hope to get this started?

#3 SatanicBagels

SatanicBagels

Some Guy Named Larry

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,723 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SweatyBagels

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Will we have to draw purple rocks in the case of a tie?
Posted Image

Like if you Like, Don't Like if you Don't Like

#4 Baby Boo

Baby Boo

Banned

• Banned
  • 0 posts
Liked

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

Also, how many teams of 6 will there be? 4? 5?

#5 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

When do you hope to get this started?

Sign ups will end on the 4th of August, read the thread posted in Contest and Events.

Posted Image

#6 Baby Boo

Baby Boo

Banned

• Banned
  • 0 posts
Liked

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:27 PM

Sign ups will end on the 4th of August, read the thread posted in Contest and Events.

What I'm asking is when do you plan to, say, start the first event? Unless August 4th is also that day?

#7 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Will we have to draw purple rocks in the case of a tie?

In the case of a tie vote at the 'Party Council' a quick challenge will be help to break the tie.

Also, how many teams of 6 will there be? 4? 5?

The amount of teams, or 'Party's', will be determined by the overall number of participants.

What I'm asking is when do you plan to, say, start the first event? Unless August 4th is also that day?

Unless otherwise noted, the 'Party' selections by the 'Party Leaders' will begin the following day, Sunday, and the first competitions will begin the following Saturday. There may be a necessity to add two competitions per weekend.

Posted Image

#8 Gazzy Mill Mill

Gazzy Mill Mill

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 72 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Gazzy Mill Mill
  • LocationDoncaster, England

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:34 AM

"Following this remembrance a jury made up of the final four players knocked out during the individual challenge and the last seven players voted off in the team challenges will hear why each of the two remaining contestants feel they should receive the jurors votes. Once the jury has cast their votes a final ceremony will be held where the votes will be read aloud and the winner of SURVIVOR Halo Style is announced. The winner will then be presented with his prizes and immortalized in our very own 343 Hall of Fame."

Not very fond of the fact that the winner of Survivor Halo Style comes from a jury vote, as this seems to be more of a popularity contest of members of the forum, rather than a legitimate vote coming from the competition and the contenders themselves, in my opinion it would be more fair and more interesting to see for the tournament, if the winner comes from a final challenge, using each skill in the previous games, or a gametype decided by the jury.

Posted Image

#9 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

The King

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,606 posts
Heroic
  • LocationUnderneath your rock.
4    3                                             

Posted 01 August 2012 - 03:40 AM

hat will these "Challenges" and "Games" Consist of?

Forging
Jumping Maps
Shooting Tasks?

First British MoM.
1st Member to have 4000+ Posts

Retired Halo gamer. No longer have a console.

Want to find out how to improve at Halo Reach and 4? Look no further! http://343i.org/2io

Play PC games, HMU if interested in playing.
Will occasionally check the website.

#10 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

"Following this remembrance a jury made up of the final four players knocked out during the individual challenge and the last seven players voted off in the team challenges will hear why each of the two remaining contestants feel they should receive the jurors votes. Once the jury has cast their votes a final ceremony will be held where the votes will be read aloud and the winner of SURVIVOR Halo Style is announced. The winner will then be presented with his prizes and immortalized in our very own 343 Hall of Fame."

Not very fond of the fact that the winner of Survivor Halo Style comes from a jury vote, as this seems to be more of a popularity contest of members of the forum, rather than a legitimate vote coming from the competition and the contenders themselves, in my opinion it would be more fair and more interesting to see for the tournament, if the winner comes from a final challenge, using each skill in the previous games, or a gametype decided by the jury.

It is not fair to state that your fellow players will vote as if a popularity contest. This jury process is not only a proven system, but also places some emphasis on character.

There are votes throughout the entire contest that require 'Party's' vote off one of their own. That vote may not always be a vote of the one player seen for causing that particular loss. Influential individuals within the 'Party' or the group as a whole may realize that a single 'bad day' in a competition is not enough cause to vote off a very strong team mate they know will produce in the future. The votes may go to a player who is always just getting by. Is that fair? This is not just a simple challenge to test your skills with a DMR, jumping, etc.

You must "Out Wit", "Out Play", "Out Last"

hat will these "Challenges" and "Games" Consist of?

Forging
Jumping Maps
Shooting Tasks?

I will begin a thread that list a few of the challenges that will be part of the contest. I will not go into exact detail of them, but give a fair overview. Just about any type of challenge, or mini game, you may have seen could be integrated into this contest.

Posted Image

#11 Zaguroth

Zaguroth

Tiddlieroth

• Dedicated Members
  • 644 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Zaguroth
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:32 AM

Will you or Quilts be participating?
Posted Image

#12 Lᴜᴋᴇ

Lᴜᴋᴇ

343 Guilty Spark

• Members
  • 1,358 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 01 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

Will the prize, a copy of Halo 4, be available as a digital download as opposed to an actual physical copy?

#13 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

The King

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,606 posts
Heroic
  • LocationUnderneath your rock.
4    3                                             

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

Will there be any like, playlist gametyps, like Infection?

First British MoM.
1st Member to have 4000+ Posts

Retired Halo gamer. No longer have a console.

Want to find out how to improve at Halo Reach and 4? Look no further! http://343i.org/2io

Play PC games, HMU if interested in playing.
Will occasionally check the website.

#14 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Will you or Quilts be participating?

She may choose to be present or even host some of the challenges, since it was her idea for this and she really enjoys this type of fun. As far as being a contestant...I never enter my own contests and she has not indicated whether or not she will go for it.

She truly deserves the credit and applause for this contest, thanks Zag!

Will the prize, a copy of Halo 4, be available as a digital download as opposed to an actual physical copy?

That can be determined when the winner is revealed and his or her country of origin is known.

Will there be any like, playlist gametyps, like Infection?

No. As I have stated before, the challenges will not be anything traditional. You will just have to wait until announce some of them. :smiling:

Posted Image

#15 Zaguroth

Zaguroth

Tiddlieroth

• Dedicated Members
  • 644 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

This might be a problem when sign ups end..
What if there are only say.. 15 people that sign up? (there are probably more then that right now but was just a random number)
Posted Image

#16 Choot 'em

Choot 'em

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,690 posts
Heroic

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

This might be a problem when sign ups end..
What if there are only say.. 15 people that sign up? (there are probably more then that right now but was just a random number)

If I were to make an analysis of the "random number" theory, gathering information read from the sign-up OP, using "15" as the random input would yield 3 teams of 5 players. The most a team can consist of is 6, but can be less. :thumbsup:

#17 Zaguroth

Zaguroth

Tiddlieroth

• Dedicated Members
  • 644 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

What I meant by that was, what if there are only 15 people that sign up, it would shorten the duration of the whole thing by a lot compared to if 30+ people signed up..
Posted Image

#18 Absolute Dog

Absolute Dog

None

• Legendary Members
  • 3,901 posts
Legendary
2    6                                          

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

What I meant by that was, what if there are only 15 people that sign up, it would shorten the duration of the whole thing by a lot compared to if 30+ people signed up..

There are currently 24 members signed up for the contest, so no need to deal with that hypothetical.

Posted Image

#19 King of Winter

King of Winter

King

• Dedicated Members
  • 702 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:laSOAD4life
  • LocationSo-Cal

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:15 AM

"If the members who have signed up by midnight on the 4th want to get this contest rolling, we will meet on Sunday the 5th at 12:00 pm EST. We will get the Party's selected and the Party names handed out. We can then set the date for the first contest.

If you all feel the need to wait until next Saturday to create the Party's, let me know in the Q and A Thread. "

I might be the only one for this...haha, but I can't make it on Sunday since I would be on vacation (I leave in about an hour). So I'll like for it to wait until next Saturday. If it does end up happening this Sunday though, is it okay if I don't show? Or will I have to withdraw from the competition?

xuvvYy1.png

#20 Knight Dealer

Knight Dealer

Grunt

• Members
  • 3 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Knight Dealer
  • LocationNew Mexico, USA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Umm I don't I will be able to make the time suggested on Sunday as I go to church at 10:10am mountain time and it kinda drags till 12:00pm. So um would it be okay to show up late or simply get put with a team sent by message?
Dream hard, Charge hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users