Halo 4: Why Are Elites Enemies Again?

iahmed786

So they are basically a splinter faction of Elites,grunts jackals and so on? So does that mean there will be good covenant in Halo 4, or in later installments?

Exactly, and there could be a "good" side that comes in that is following the Arbiter's lead. It's a possibility

The Elites that you are fighting in halo 4 call themselves the "Servents of the Abiding Truth"(read Halo:Glasslands) who still belive that the Forerunners were/are gods and that humanity must be destroyed. The Arbiter and his followers honor the peace treaty and are busy fighting the Abiding Truth. Hope this clears some more things up for you

Exactly, and there could be a "good" side that comes in that is following the Arbiter's lead. It's a possibility

How would you be able to tell who is who? Friendly fire would be a major problem unless the Arbiter doesnt have the reptile look like these new Elites.

Although they could wear a distinctive uniform.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but according to the new OXM article on Halo 4, the Covenant force on Requiem have been confirmed as a splinter faction that still follows the beliefs of the Prophets.

Also the Prometheans may not be the enemy throughout the entirety of the game, in the same article it states that the Prometheans are protecting an ancient weapon that the Covenant are also looking for. So they may start bad and then join with Chief to stop the Covenant.

I believe it's because of a "Storm" faction. Or because of the "Servants of Abiding Truth." Basically, think of World War 1. After World War 1 ended, most Germans didn't trust the Americans, or any of the Allies. The Nazi Party rose to power. (Servants of Abiding Truth did just that) and then Hitler came to power. (Leader of the Servants of Abiding Truth). Perhaps, there is also more Prophets. Also, these Servants of Abiding Truth want to create an alliance of ALL Covenant Species (meaning no Great Schiscm) and having Brutes and Elites work side by side without a problem. They want to unite all of the Covenant back together against the Humans. This means... the Covenant is returning. AGAIN!

The SoAT are not that strong of a group anymore after the schism and peace with Humans. The rest of the Elites are following the Arbiter and their old ways before the prophets corrupted their beliefs. I dont think the SoAT will kill the Arbiter, he is the freaking Arbiter. Also just like in HAlo CE where the Chief was on the ring, the majority of the game will be on Requiem, it probablt wont be until the very end that Chief leaves Requiem

The SoAT are not that strong of a group anymore after the schism and peace with Humans. The rest of the Elites are following the Arbiter and their old ways before the prophets corrupted their beliefs. I dont think the SoAT will kill the Arbiter, he is the freaking Arbiter. Also just like in HAlo CE where the Chief was on the ring, the majority of the game will be on Requiem, it probablt wont be until the very end that Chief leaves Requiem

The rest of the Elites are following the Arbiter... HAVE YOU EVEN READ GLASSLANDS?! I'm sorry if I came off as a *********... I'm just saying..... 99.5% of the Elites on Sanghelios hate the new peace treaty with the humans and despise the Arbiter. Most of the Elites are in support of the SOAT.... and heck for all we know something might happen when Master Chief is gone... a revolution starts and many Elites try to overthrow the Arbiter.

I was referring to the Elites following the Arbiter that were left after the schism in the physical Covenant fleet. You are correct that there is still upheaval on Sanghelios, however not all of them there are opposed to a form of peace. Most is correct, but not all, and as the prophets lies spread to the rest of the Elites I am sure many will no longer follow the SOAT

But why did they attack the FUD? How did they know the Chief was onboard?

Or did they just stumble onto him?

Its my belief that this is a splinter group that still follow the prophets teachings and found the location to Requiem, and only found the Master Chief by accident while trying to gain access to the Shield World.

they probably found the ship in space and decided to scavenge whatever they could from the ship, weapons, parts, etc. but instead of finding those things, they stumbled upon the chief and got their asses handed to them.

just my theory

• Like 1

Honestly, I still don't see why this thread is pinned. The answer is clear, and I have already stated it. When the elites found out of the prophet betrayal, some turned against them, and some stayed loyal to the prophets. The elites we fight are the ones loyal to the prophets.

• Like 1

they probably found the ship in space and decided to scavenge whatever they could from the ship, weapons, parts, etc. but instead of finding those things, they stumbled upon the chief and got their asses handed to them.

just my theory

lol, yeah, my thoughts exactly ^_^

It's been confirmed that they're part of the storm faction that still believes in the great journey. If you read Glasslands you'd know that there was a group of elites who had the same beliefs so I think that group convinced more covenant species to join and become the storm faction. And I agree with Promethean when he says that they were just scavenging the ship and instead found chief

Well, I'm sure that elites think like humans in terms of having opinions, some might think working with humans is bad, some might think working with humans is good, but also communication I guess has something to do with it. I don't think it's going to go back to a huge covenant of aliens.

• 6 months later...