Are Precursors Humans?

Glory of a Far Dawn

So it always bothered me that Humanity had war with the forerunners, but why would someone do that when they are technically inferior?

This has made me believe that Humanity were the Precursors, and that they were devolved, hence their dissappearance.

What is your opinion idea on this story?

Post it :3

So it always bothered me that Humanity had war with the forerunners, but why would someone do that when they are technically inferior?

This has made me believe that Humanity were the Precursors, and that they were devolved, hence their dissappearance.

What is your opinion idea on this story?

Post it :3

Forerunners were technologically advanced cuz they were the first to integrate Precursor tech into their own. Humans were confined to worlds that didn't have Precursor tech. When the first human-flood war happened, humans started to expand further into the universe and found precursor tech which they then integrated into their own and became on par with forerunners technologically. their encroachment on forerunner territory caused the human-forerunner war. Forerunners then de-evolved humans by destroying all their tech and built libraries and rings in the formerly human controlled parts of the universe during the forerunner-flood war that followed. Forerunners thought of humans and other aliens as inferior.

With that said, who knows what the precursors were. It would be interesting if they were humans who engineered forerunners and other alien species and then were killed by the flood, only to encounter them twice more in the Halo Universe. Kinda like an evolutionary inevitability. Once humanity advances to a certain technological level and superiority, the flood will appear to take them down a few notches. Yin and Yang.

Nope. In Primordium it is said that [spoiler anyway, huh?] the last Precursors were driven off by the Forerunners at the boarders of the galaxy. The Primordial is said to be a conglomerate of Precursors.

Funny thing: in italian, Forerunners are called Precursori (reminds you something?) and Precursors are called Predecessori.

• Like 1

Maybe after the forerunners defeated the precursors they de-evolved them, which ended up being a human. Then when the forerunners beat the humans, they just took their technology away.

But I seriously doubt it. If any part of the primordial is precursor then I would say nope.

Not Possible, Humans already existed by the time of the Forerunner-Precursor war, or were creations of the Precursors,

not only that they are described as very tall (like 11 foot or something) with flat insect like heads and have 4 upper limbs

Maybe after the forerunners defeated the precursors they de-evolved them, which ended up being a human. Then when the forerunners beat the humans, they just took their technology away.

But I seriously doubt it. If any part of the primordial is precursor then I would say nope.

when forerunners devolves a species (humans for example) it means their technology tier is lowered back to the very beginning, it dosnt mean the species itself is physically devolved.
  • Like 1

There was an answer to this in Halo Legends I believe so try watching that for the answer.

Also the Halos all of them were fired destroying ALL life in the universe the Flood were infecting the Forerunner homeworld so they had a last ditch effort but failed and decided to fire them not to destroy all life but to preserve it from the Flood parasite

Nope. In Primordium it is said that [spoiler anyway, huh?] the last Precursors were driven off by the Forerunners at the boarders of the galaxy. The Primordial is said to be a conglomerate of Precursors.

Funny thing: in italian, Forerunners are called Precursori (reminds you something?) and Precursors are called Predecessori.

lol, im sure you know the words forerunner and precursor means ancestor, people(s) that existed long before someone else, another word for it is predecessor which ties in to the italian word Predecessori and both the english words forerunner and precursor come from the latin term "praecursor", and when the italian term precursori is translated in latin it is "precursor" and the italian term predecessori in latin is "antecessores" and when that word in english is "before" it's like one big circle lol a lot of english comes from latin abbreviations and words as well as many other languages such as itialian.
  • Like 1

not only that they are described as very tall (like 11 foot or something) with flat insect like heads and have 4 upper limbs

Actually, i think that's the

Primordial description, and we know it was a flood conglomerate of Precursors, and maybe their original form was different.

There was an answer to this in Halo Legends I believe so try watching that for the answer.

Also the Halos all of them were fired destroying ALL life in the universe the Flood were infecting the Forerunner homeworld so they had a last ditch effort but failed and decided to fire them not to destroy all life but to preserve it from the Flood parasite

You mean Origins? Just watched, at that time maybe they didn't even imagined all of this stuff.

EDIT: @adamj lol i know but sometimes it's hard to read Precursors in English and immediately translate it in Predecessori :D

Edited by SternuS
  • Like 1

Actually, i think that's the

Primordial description, and we know it was a flood conglomerate of Precursors, and maybe their original form was different.

You mean Origins? Just watched, at that time maybe they didn't even imagined all of this stuff.

Yes Origins some people never even heard of it some did I watched it quite a few times it was a good movie especially the 1337 part which was funny

Yes Origins some people never even heard of it some did I watched it quite a few times it was a good movie especially the 1337 part which was funny

I bought the DVD just for Origins, wich is AWESOME imo, it's really, really well done, the other stuff is meh...yeah, 1337 is funny, but...

when forerunners devolves a species (humans for example) it means their technology tier is lowered back to the very beginning, it dosnt mean the species itself is physically devolved.

It could have been different millions of years ago when they fought the precursors. They could have decided it was inhumane, well inforeunnerie...

lol, im sure you know the words forerunner and precursor means ancestor, people(s) that existed long before someone else, another word for it is predecessor which ties in to the italian word Predecessori and both the english words forerunner and precursor come from the latin term "praecursor", and when the italian term precursori is translated in latin it is "precursor" and the italian term predecessori in latin is "antecessores" and when that word in english is "before" it's like one big circle lol a lot of english comes from latin abbreviations and words as well as many other languages such as itialian.

Also in Spanish Forerunner is translated to Precursor, o Ancestro. and Precursor, is translated to Predecesor.

it's unlikely that humans were precursors.

1) didact and the forerunners did not have any prior knowledge of the flood until after the human-forerunner war. this war was fought due to human expansion in response to the first human-flood war. once forerunners found out about the flood they began to understand why humans were expanding to other worlds.

2) the flood definitely had contact with precursors.

3) forerunners ran off precursors (apparently)

so if forerunners ran precursors out of their galaxy, and humans were precursors, they would have a different attitude toward humans.

if forerunners had previous contact with precursors, they should have known about the flood prior to the human-forerunner war, which was followed by forerunner-flood war. yet, they didn't understand anything about the flood until after they de-evolved human technology. its a stretch to say humans are precursors, although humans may pre-date forerunners and thus were victim to the flood and within the same flood conscious as precursors who also fell victim to the flood prior to forerunner era.

No, Humans were meant to inherit the Mantle, not the Forerunners, thats why i believe the Forerunners destroyed the Precursors, well all except one........

The storyline, simplified, is: Precursors created Forerunners and Humans, Precursors decided the Forerunners weren't adapt to take over the responsability of the Mantle, Forerunners rebelled and hunted down Precursors until a few last of them were driven off the galaxy boarders, Human expanded hunted by the Flood, Human-Forerunner war, Human were victorious but they had to fight also the Flood (for wich they found a "cure"), so the Forerunners stroke back and won, Humans de-evolved, Forerunners-Flood war, Halos fired.

The storyline, simplified, is: Precursors created Forerunners and Humans, Precursors decided the Forerunners weren't adapt to take over the responsability of the Mantle, Forerunners rebelled and hunted down Precursors until a few last of them were driven off the galaxy boarders, Human expanded hunted by the Flood, Human-Forerunner war, Human were victorious but they had to fight also the Flood (for wich they found a "cure"), so the Forerunners stroke back and won, Humans de-evolved, Forerunners-Flood war, Halos fired.

this is correct. I also want to mention that the flood and precursors are most likely the same species. The Primordial was revealed to be a gravemind, and he most likely wasnt just infected by the flood, because he would have lost his original consciousness. My theory is that the precursors are the highest possible form of the flood. They no longer need hosts to survive and they begin developing technology. As as experiment they created the forerunners. (other possibility is that precusors wiped out all other possible hosts so they then created the forerunners to use as hosts). The forerunners rebelled and the precusrors were in danger of becoming wiped out. As a failsafe plan to insure the survival of their species, they created the powder that was discoverd by humans and released the flood. The setback would be that they would have to evovle again, all the way from the forms of the lowest flood

this is correct. I also want to mention that the flood and precursors are most likely the same species. The Primordial was revealed to be a gravemind, and he most likely wasnt just infected by the flood, because he would have lost his original consciousness. My theory is that the precursors are the highest possible form of the flood. They no longer need hosts to survive and they begin developing technology. As as experiment they created the forerunners. (other possibility is that precusors wiped out all other possible hosts so they then created the forerunners to use as hosts). The forerunners rebelled and the precusrors were in danger of becoming wiped out. As a failsafe plan to insure the survival of their species, they created the powder that was discoverd by humans and released the flood. The setback would be that they would have to evovle again, all the way from the forms of the lowest flood

It is possible, there are many options for the Precursors existance. But i don't understand, at the end of

Primordium the Didact rages saying: "...they decide who infect?" (actually, i don't know how it is in english, my book is in italian, but that's it), and then the Primordial say they will return when the Humans are ready. What this should mean? Ready for WHAT? What is the Flood? Why are they trying to infect everything? Wh...wh.... jeez, i hate that book.

• Like 1

It is possible, there are many options for the Precursors existance. But i don't understand, at the end of

Primordium the Didact rages saying: "...they decide who infect?" (actually, i don't know how it is in english, my book is in italian, but that's it), and then the Primordial say they will return when the Humans are ready. What this should mean? Ready for WHAT? What is the Flood? Why are they trying to infect everything? Wh...wh.... jeez, i hate that book.

the primordial said the humans would be "tested by floods" to see their worthiness for inheriting the mantle. that is the WHATyou were asking about. This also proves that they are the same being.

Aaaaah, too many stories xD I really should get around to reading the books, because this 'Primordial' and 'The Mantle' mean nothing to me. Anyone care to explain?

Primordial: The Last known living Precursor, also called The Timeless One, The Prisioner of Charum Hakkor(?). Possibly a Flood/Precursor Gravemind

The Mantle: Theory (I guess u can call it religion) of the Precursor. It consist on they protecting every life on the Galaxy. This was supposed to be handled to the Humanity instead of the Forerunner, this is also the main reason for the Halo Array, along with the Flood infection.

EDIT!

The mantle is not a weapon, but an ideology.

the primordial said the humans would be "tested by floods" to see their worthiness for inheriting the mantle. that is the WHATyou were asking about. This also proves that they are the same being.

Not necessarily proves they are the same thing. Maybe the Flood is a For-The-Mantle Test gone terribly wrong

• Like 1

Primordial: The Last known living Precursor, also called The Timeless One, The Prisioner of Charum Hakkor(?). Possibly a Flood/Precursor Gravemind

The Mantle: Theory (I guess u can call it religion) of the Precursor. It consist on they protecting every life on the Galaxy. This was supposed to be handled to the Humanity instead of the Forerunner, this is also the main reason for the Halo Array, along with the Flood infection.

EDIT!

The mantle is not a weapon, but an ideology.

Thankies, clears up a lot of my confusion :D

Not necessarily proves they are the same thing. Maybe the Flood is a For-The-Mantle Test gone terribly wrong

did you not read this post that was made earlier :down:

the precursors and flood are the same. think about it. The primordial said the humans would be tested by floods.......it makes clear sense. If the mantle started from the precursors, then the species that is able to defeat the precursors has shown that they deserve the mantle. By defeating the flood/precursors, it will show humanity's power and will prove that they deserve to inherit the mantle.

its like a king of the hill sort of idea......if humanity can beat the guys on top(precursors/flood), then they get to keep the mantle.

the forerunners lost their opportunity by rebelling against the precursors, so they were kicked out of the contest.......

and they also wiped out almost their entire race as well

did you not read this post that was made earlier :down:

the precursors and flood are the same. think about it. The primordial said the humans would be tested by floods.......it makes clear sense. If the mantle started from the precursors, then the species that is able to defeat the precursors has shown that they deserve the mantle. By defeating the flood/precursors, it will show humanity's power and will prove that they deserve to inherit the mantle.

its like a king of the hill sort of idea......if humanity can beat the guys on top(precursors/flood), then they get to keep the mantle.

the forerunners lost their opportunity by rebelling against the precursors, so they were kicked out of the contest.......

and they also wiped out almost their entire race as well

And again, maybe Precursor CREATED the Flood, to prove who's worthy of the Mantle, the Flood went wrong, also infecting the Precursor, but because of their Trans-sentinent abilities they managed to merge with them. The Flood was somehow controlled by humans, and this made them worthy of the mantle. The Forerunner enraged and de-evolved humanity, eradicated Precursor, and took the mantle for themselves.

This theory would also explain the Trans-sentinence of the Flood