Closer look at the Halo 4 Jackal

Here are some closer images of the Jackal in Halo 4 posted on Neogaf by user "Demoncarnotaur"

Notice that the jackals in these images are a lot more fierce looking, also their heads are more thicker and buffer were as before their head structure was a lot more thinner and their mouths were longer and had a "Beak" like structure.

There is a real major difference with the Halo 4 Jackals.

oGvnl.png

BWF5h.png

sO60r.png

LNkZm.png

Here are some images of Jackals from previous games just to give you a better view of the differences they have.

1166169871_medium.jpg

Les-Rapaces-Kig-Yars.jpg

Jackal.jpg

• Like 4

I am really loving all of the subtle changes in the character design of the previous enemies. Seems like 343I has the right toolset for making Halo 4 the most graphically appealing Halo to date. I am REALLY looking forward to actual hands-on gameplay and the new enemies that they are bringing to the Halo universe.

Thanks adam! :thumbsup:

i like how they're changing the looks of the covenant. Now the grunts and the jackals look more intimidating..... but we know they will still get pwned. but i noticed in the second pic, the jackal's head looks just like a needler

LOL! Holy crap, I can't un-see it! XD

They have done a great job with the design of the jackals, they look like a frog (slightly) but also more intimidating then previous jackals. As for the reptile treatment of the other species, i reckon it's good, it makes them more intimidating, which they should have been in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, guys, the images posted in the OP of this thread show the Jackals from The Storm

The Storm are a faction of elites who still stick to the prophecy and all.

Jackals as we know them will be back in the game too. Just not in The Storm. They have the mini dino godzilla jackals.