How to avoid Bans on Halo: Reach

Ryu♥Hayabusa

All I'm doing is sharing my opinions. My opinion doesn't equal your's so you get butthurt. It's hardy my fault you have a one track thought process.

That's exactly what i mean, you offend people. You say i have a one track thought process yet you're the one who offends everyone and says everyone is wrong apart from yourself, when, people know more about Stuff like MLG then you, yet, all you want to do is put down players and say how bad they are, because, you have a 50.

Hope you get a worse punishment.

Spawn trapping can get you banned. That's why spawn trapping in Grifball gets you banned. I should know. I got banned twice because my cousin demanded that we do it. I tried to resist, but I just decided to try to betray him instead. Still got banned.

Now, anymore offending posts will be reported ASAP. I tire of seeing this. I do not like seeing others punished, but when the criminal can not see the other side of the coin, there is nothing else that can be done.

• Like 1

No you cant lol I will continue to spawn trap and I will NEVER get banned for it

F/R me if you want to do this some time.

You will obviously get banned for doing is in grifball, that is obvious, you are killing them the second they spawn, in CTF/Assault they have a chance to shoot back, if they can't it's their own fault.

Now you just sound like a jerk no offence but I hate spawn-trappers they make the game un-balanced and normally there from our arch-rival

How do they make the game unbalanced? if you are better than them you will break the trap. Dinos don't spawn trap because most dinos are casuals and/or bad. (not that there is anything wrong with that.)

F/R me if you want to do this some time.

You will obviously get banned for doing is in grifball, that is obvious, you are killing them the second they spawn, in CTF/Assault they have a chance to shoot back, if they can't it's their own fault.

How do they make the game unbalanced? if you are better than them you will break the trap. Dinos don't spawn trap because most dinos are casuals and/or bad. (not that there is anything wrong with that.)

The reason is the team stuck normally will not break it with teamwork like team's should do, and I think 343 should change the spawn system to give you a few second's of infinite shield's/health incase ppl do make it to your spawn then trap you or just put a wall of shield's in front of the spawn to protect you until you're ready.

The reason is the team stuck normally will not break it with teamwork like team's should do, and I think 343 should change the spawn system to give you a few second's of infinite shield's/health incase ppl do make it to your spawn then trap you or just put a wall of shield's in front of the spawn to protect you until you're ready.

If you don't have good team work you deserve to be trapped, expeccialy if you are playing a team based game such as objective. If you are trapped you can easily just quit out and play some slayer where you most likely won't get trapped. (never seen it done on reach.) Playing objective and not using teamwork is just a waste of time.

That is what the respawn coundown timer is for, if you aren't ready to play by the "Bleep, Bleep, Bleep, Bloop." then you should probably just go play campaign.

Spawn trapping can get you banned. That's why spawn trapping in Grifball gets you banned. I should know. I got banned twice because my cousin demanded that we do it. I tried to resist, but I just decided to try to betray him instead. Still got banned.

Now, anymore offending posts will be reported ASAP. I tire of seeing this. I do not like seeing others punished, but when the criminal can not see the other side of the coin, there is nothing else that can be done.

Why don't you post a link or something proving you will get banned spawn trapping? I don't go by someones word and I have been playing halo since day one and have spawned trapped and never got banned. Sorry if I sound like a jerk but some people just make stuff up because THEY don't like something.

I don't think any of you know what spawn trapping is, batchynator was right, it's part of all FPS games, but there is a difference between spawn trapping and spawn killing.

Spawn trapping is dominating the key points of the maps, letting you get kills by cutting the enemy team off from getting strong weapons.

Spawn killing is killing people the moment they spawn.

Spawn killing is bad, and you will get banned eventually, spawn trapping is perfectly fine.

I don't think any of you know what spawn trapping is, batchynator was right, it's part of all FPS games, but there is a difference between spawn trapping and spawn killing.

Spawn trapping is dominating the key points of the maps, letting you get kills by cutting the enemy team off from getting strong weapons.

Spawn killing is killing people the moment they spawn.

Spawn killing is bad, and you will get banned eventually, spawn trapping is perfectly fine.

Spawn trapping is where your team is spread out and only allows the other team to spawn in one location, allowing your team to spawn kill. You will not be banned for this.

Spawn trapping is where your team is spread out and only allows the other team to spawn in one location, allowing your team to spawn kill. You will not be banned for this.

You will be in Objective games, because the goal of the game is the points, not the kills. You do not get banned for this in a normal slayer gametype.

And in most objective gametypes on most maps, there are two types of spawns. A "home" spawn, where your flag is in your base, and an "away" spawn, where your flag is being held by an enemy, or is away from your base. The home spawns are diverse, and so it's difficult to get spawn kills, but the away spawns (for some reason or another, probably an oversight) have your team spawn in the exact same location after every death, making it very easy to spawn camp, and nearly impossible to escape the spawn camp if the opposing team have power weapons (e.g. Sword, shotgun, sniper, rockets, etc).

Because of the nature of these spawns and the gametype, taking advantage of this is considered "cheating" and is a ban-able offense. And it's not just a credit ban either you have to worry about either, you can get banned from playing matchmaking for up to 6 months for this infraction. Being banned from matchmaking is usually reserved for serial offenders, however.

You will be in Objective games, because the goal of the game is the points, not the kills. You do not get banned for this in a normal slayer gametype.

And in most objective gametypes on most maps, there are two types of spawns. A "home" spawn, where your flag is in your base, and an "away" spawn, where your flag is being held by an enemy, or is away from your base. The home spawns are diverse, and so it's difficult to get spawn kills, but the away spawns (for some reason or another, probably an oversight) have your team spawn in the exact same location after every death, making it very easy to spawn camp, and nearly impossible to escape the spawn camp if the opposing team have power weapons (e.g. Sword, shotgun, sniper, rockets, etc).

Because of the nature of these spawns and the gametype, taking advantage of this is considered "cheating" and is a ban-able offense. And it's not just a credit ban either you have to worry about either, you can get banned from playing matchmaking for up to 6 months for this infraction. Being banned from matchmaking is usually reserved for serial offenders, however.

Post proof otherwise what you say means nothing. No one has yet to prove this. Maybe post where it says that in their policy or something similar. I will bet you will not find anything that says you will be banned for spawn trapping or spawn killing. If you do I will immediately apologize, but I have already looked and there is nothing.

Post proof otherwise what you say means nothing. No one has yet to prove this. Maybe post where it says that in their policy or something similar. I will bet you will not find anything that says you will be banned for spawn trapping or spawn killing. If you do I will immediately apologize, but I have already looked and there is nothing.

The rules of Matchmaking are not listed anywhere. A link to an official list is impossible.

This list is made from experience. My friends, family and I have had these happen to us at one point or another. I only know of spawn trapping/killing and quitting too much, the rest are my friends' and families' testimonies. Plus a bit of proof to show they were banned.

If you came to this thread to argue that spawn trapping won't get you banned, that is not the intention of this thread. This thread is for keeping others out of the banhammer's aim.

The Director nailed it square in the face. Slayer games? Of course, you might not get banned. You are supposed to kill. Spawn Trapping is pretty difficult to do in the first place in slayer. But in an objective game, spawn trapping will get you banned within a few matches. Objective is for capturing points, flags, bombs, etc. Not killing.

Now, I suggest for proof, you should go into team objective with some friends and hope for CTF. CTF is easy farming. Just get their flag, stay behind their spawns, kill. Do it for about 3-4 matches and 343 will eventually ban you. The latest I have heard of a ban after the transgression was about 4 hours. So, wait at least a few hours, then you can debunk it.

• Like 3

Its exploitation.

So yes, you will get banned for it.

^ Bingo.

Also, I'll put this nicely. 343i will not directly tell you what they WILL ban you for. They will tell you what you ARE banned for. There is not a list of "things that will get you banned" that has been officially released by 343i. The closest thing is a FAQ that was released by Bungie about idle boosting and such back in 2011.

"Well how do you know this?"

Quite simply, the only way to tell if there is a way to get banned is to try it out. As a matter of fact, I just got done with a one month credit ban for the very thing we are discussing a week ago. One of my friends whom I was doing this with, on the other hand, got a two week matchmaking ban. One of my other friends got the same, but for a month. And where there is a month long ban, there is a half a year ban (i.e. 6 months).

"Why would you do that?"

To be able to answer people's questions about the banning system for Halo Reach. Because I like to help people. Not because I care about my k/d, or because I wanted a higher rank (I'm fine with Noble and a 1.2 something), but because people had questions and I wanted to be able to give answers. And yes, I do have multiple silver accounts that are code of conducted all to hell because of this, and have been console banned from matchmaking for three months during the Halo 3 days also for this reason.

"Well I don't believe you because I k/d boost by spawn camping objective games and I haven't been banned!"

Yet. See, that's the funny thing about the Reach ban system. It doesn't usually get you right after your offense. It usually gets you when you least expect it. Don't believe me? Ask someone who's AFK'd in firefight then got rank reset a week later. This is also one of the reasons people swear up and down that they "didn't do anything wrong". It's because they thought they had gotten away with what they did wrong.

If you still don't believe me, get a team of four people willing to be banned together and try it out yourself. :D

Also, on a side note, the spawns in Objective are set up so that the team can go after their flag, not so you can sit behind their spawn and continuously press right bumper for a beat down spawn kill over and over, so technically it's "exploiting a known or unknown glitch in the game to affect the outcome of the game" and is a breach of the terms and conditions of X-Box Live and can get your account permanently banned from XBL if you are reported for it.

• Like 2