How to avoid Bans on Halo: Reach

Ryu♥Hayabusa

This nifty little thread is intended to help keep you from bans in Halo: Reach. I can only list a few things that will get you banned. If you know of more, post them and I will update the list. I intend to have a full list here on hand to help others avoid bans. AND to keep the would be boosters away from boosting.

So far, what is known that can get you any type of ban is:

-Being AFK for too long. Usually they will return you to the lobby, but sometimes this results in a Credit Ban.

-Spawn Killing another AFK team or spawn trapping, etc. This is serious, the Banhammer can detect spawn killing on AFK players, but forcing others to be spawn killed in CTF, etc sometimes can not. 343 will eventually catch up and will consider it a serious offense when they do. Even a first offense can result in a bad Credit Ban or even worse, such as your account being banned from XboxLive.

-Using aimbots and other external utilities to amplify your game is very serious. Even if stealth-patched, they can still Credit-Ban or Matchmaking Ban the account if it is obvious within a theater video that one is being used. Contact would have to be established first to report it, which is unlikely. If not stealth-patched you may get a banned XBOX.

-Unplugging your ethernet cord as you earn a challenge to repeatedly earn it will also result in either a Credit Ban, or a Credit Reset. 343 will catch you.

-Manipulating the network or lag-switching can be caught as well, unless you have illegally stealth-patched your XBOX. This can result in punishments such as a fine or a full-out XBOX ban. Meaning your XBOX is banned.

-Quitting or betraying too much can get you a temporary Matchmaking Ban.

So far, that is all I can remember right now. I'm sure there are more that I forgot or haven't learned of yet. That is the purpose of this thread. Post any more that you know of and I will update the list. And you will get a free like.

Contributions so far by:

Mr. Payne

Victory Element

The Director

• Like 2

That unknown risk you're talking about is a fine or your Xbox can be banned completely

Spawn trapping in objective gametypes gets you banned? No wonder reach is bad.

And you need to stop hating on thing's I have seen you trolling my clan and I do not take that lightly, And Reach is still a good game although it has it's cons it has some good pros.
  • Like 6

That unknown risk you're talking about is a fine or your Xbox can be banned completely

And you need to stop hating on thing's I have seen you trolling my clan and I do not take that lightly, And Reach is still a good game although it has it's cons it has some good pros.

Thanks for the info. Free like!

Clearly Just Spawn Camps and only cares about his K/D.

Play Objective properly, and don't farm.

Nice post. :D

Thank you! I intend to finally have a place that can be referenced to see if you are violating rules. Free like for having likewise thoughts!

The easiest way to avoid ban is to not do bad things in the first place

Yes, but some people don't realize that Spawn trapping is bad or that Spawn killing AFK players is bad. This thread is meant for people to be able to see the rules. Instead of going by a hidden and unwritten rule set.

One thing I always do.. is if all of my teamates leave the game. I stick around and fight tactically. I don't leave those games. Doing so helps make my account look better. :)

I have never willingly quit a game. By that I mean not including quitting due to power outages, important events (b-day parties, reunions, etc.), and if there are thunder storms I unplug my xbox and T.V. after quit the match.

• Like 1

Wow, I never knew that spawn trapping in OBJ could get you banned. Reach does a decent job with the spawns anyway so that you cannot get trapped too easily (although you can get trapped as I have seen it happen before on The Pit).

Clearly Just Spawn Camps and only cares about his K/D.

Play Objective properly, and don't farm.

Nice post. :D

I don't "farm kills in objective" and I don't care about my k/d, I'm just saying spawn trapping is a part of the game as long as you don't do it all game, if you use people to trap in spawn, and another player to play the objective, there is nothing wrong with that, it's all part of the game.

Ok for 1 there are many ways to stop spawn trapping 1 is making a shield wall 3 shield's high, have ppl start in a safe zone, don't have open area's to look into the spawning area, etc.

:offtopic: Ok 1 serious question batchynator were you a banned member and no lying I have been told by a Moderator not naming who that you were banned for trolling or something and I have the chance to solve it for both me and that Moderator

Well I don't know why, almost all of my posts are on-topic (can't say the same for you.)

My posts sometimes contains hateful words, but you are on a forum that is based off a 15+ game where you KILL aliens, if me speaking my mind and telling you what I think of you, upsets you, maybe you should be playing another game. (you should be anyway since you aren't 15.)

Well I don't know why, almost all of my posts are on-topic (can't say the same for you.)

My posts sometimes contains hateful words, but you are on a forum that is based off a 15+ game where you KILL aliens, if me speaking my mind and telling you what I think of you, upsets you, maybe you should be playing another game. (you should be anyway since you aren't 15.)

Cause you offend loads of people, try to say everyone is wrong but yourself, you're a huge troll basically and tbh, if you don't calm down, the punishments could be much worse.

Every post ive seen from you has been attacking another member/clan, we are not like that, we are not the MLG forum. We are a friendly community who doesn't hate on each other, we can share opinions, but not hate or argue.

Clearly this isn't the right forum for you.

• Like 3