Prometheans have human skulls

Victory Element

What I mean is, the second time around, his consiousness didn't hate them.

i could see how you got that impression, but it is hard to say its true. The war against humans had been over for while when the original Didact was executed. The main threat to the forerunners from that point in the story was the flood. With the flood around, everyone else feels like an ally, but that doesnt mean he never still hated humans. in the "second time around", the threat that he had to worry about was the flood, and he didnt have time to waste worrying about the humans as he may have before

What I mean is, the second time around, his consiousness didn't hate them.

That's right, Bornstellar didn't hated humans, in fact, he was something like a friend to Chakas. But after the first Didact (I still don't recall on him hating humanity) transfered his mind into the new Didact, and supposedly take over his mind, I'm not very sure about humanity's fate on this Didact's mind

And what about the little arms? Have you seen them? they seem to have no specific purpose, and they make the body resemble as a mummy. Need explanation.

war sphinxes had small probe like arms like discrided and seen on the knights. their probably just mechanical arms for delicate objects
  • Like 1

snip

The condition of the skull wouldn't matter for some of the stuff I pointed. For the eye sockets you could say they broke away, but the Prometheans doesn't look like that. It would either be a deformity on a human or not a human. And the size of the teeth really has no explanation if it is a human other than artistic error. The mandibles could have also broken apart but they just look really chiseled, though that could be a human trait.

That's right, Bornstellar didn't hated humans, in fact, he was something like a friend to Chakas. But after the first Didact (I still don't recall on him hating humanity) transfered his mind into the new Didact, and supposedly take over his mind, I'm not very sure about humanity's fate on this Didact's mind

Bornstellar didnt hate humans, but the consciousness of the Didact inside of him did. And he was not a friend to Chakas, Chakas was a friend to him. I read somewhere that Chakas knew he had betrayed humanity by working with the forerunners or something like that. I will try to recover the source later. Chakas became a good ally to the forerunners so he was eventually made into 343 guilty spark. But he was known as a kind of traitor to the humans

The condition of the skull wouldn't matter for some of the stuff I pointed. For the eye sockets you could say they broke away, but the Prometheans doesn't look like that. It would either be a deformity on a human or not a human. And the size of the teeth really has no explanation if it is a human other than artistic error. The mandibles could have also broken apart but they just look really chiseled, though that could be a human trait.

you're looking at the nitty gritty details of the skull. In the screenshot of the knight, its mouth is wide open and it is not a great a picture to compare with another skull. Did you not look at that ghost rider skull that i showed??? You can tell that its obviously meant to be a human skull, but the tiny details are not perfect. Its only meant to be intimitdating.

If you do not think it is a human skull, at least come up with a theory to what is it....and please back it up with something. You just keep say its not human, you need to tell me what it actually may be if you want to make a strong argument

war sphinxes had small probe like arms like discrided and seen on the knights. their probably just mechanical arms for delicate objects

...And that brings me to the second point: what is actually a war sphinx? How is it like? Surprisingly, it's like a sphinx, but have we already seen them? Maybe on Primordium cover? or Cryptum, or Silentium?

...And that brings me to the second point: what is actually a war sphinx? How is it like? Surprisingly, it's like a sphinx, but have we already seen them? Maybe on Primordium cover? or Cryptum, or Silentium?

i've never heard of a war sphinx before. Could someone please explain

i've never heard of a war sphinx before. Could someone please explain

In Cryptum and Primordium these "War Sphinxes" are described like Forerunners warships, tall about 4 meters and 6 meters long. Obviuosly there are many types of these ships, so the size is variable. They represents the base of the Forerunners fleets, and are also commonly used as field troops. There is a seat for the pilot in the cockpit, altough in many cases there's an AI piloting them. They resembles Sphinx, but sincerely i never understood how they appear.

In Cryptum and Primordium these "War Sphinxes" are described like Forerunners warships, tall about 4 meters and 6 meters long. Obviuosly there are many types of these ships, so the size is variable. They represents the base of the Forerunners fleets, and are also commonly used as field troops. There is a seat for the pilot in the cockpit, altough in many cases there's an AI piloting them. They resembles Sphinx, but sincerely i never understood how they appear.

ohhhhhh, thats what they are.......thanks for refreshing me

The "other" Didact put his imprint on Bornstellar. Now that the orignal Didact is dead, his consciousness lies in Bornstellars body.

and forerunners are 4 meters tall.......not close to a human

Forerunners varied in size depending on their class. Prometheans were the tallest.

probably both. but the forerunners couldnt have had that much of size difference between the classes. I'm sure the majority are larger than humans

They wouldn't be too much larger. Some walkways have a clearance maybe only 10 feet tall, some have a clearance of about 20. Usually, a lot of extra space is left as well.

They wouldn't be too much larger. Some walkways have a clearance maybe only 10 feet tall, some have a clearance of about 20. Usually, a lot of extra space is left as well.

you make a valid point. but even if the forerunners are tall, we dont know if their skull sizes will vary

• 4 weeks later...

Why do you keep saying the Didact hates the humans? If I remember well, he didn't.

On the skull, it could be made by the A.I. Itself just to try to scare Chief. I don't believe that the Promethean Knights, being AI, have skulls.

The Original Didact, had a strong dislike for Humans, which borderlined on hate. He saw the Ancient Humans as an aggressive and arrogant race, but he also had a Warrior's respect for them. Albeit little.

As for the skull. Nearing the end, before the Halo Array was fired. The Didact and possibly some Lifeworkers used a machine called the Composer. What this machine did was take Organic "souls" and it turned them into Ancillas(Forerunner A.I.). Humans were used quite a bit for this in the final moments. An example being 04-343 Guilty spark. so, it is possible that the reason that the Promethean Knight's have holographic human skulls under that "mask" is that 100,000 years ago they WERE Human. But now, they are nothing but machines and A.I..

you make a valid point. but even if the forerunners are tall, we dont know if their skull sizes will vary

Actually if i remember correctly, Bornstellar in "Halo Cryptum" Noted that the warrior servants were quite massive in stature, very muscular and quite tall.

• Like 2

Actually if i remember correctly, Bornstellar in "Halo Cryptum" Noted that the warrior servants were quite massive in stature, very muscular and quite tall.

most probably were, but i havent posted on this topic for so long and i forget what we were talking about :laughing: