Prometheans have human skulls

Victory Element

i'm sure everyone thought it was pretty sweet when that Promethean knight tackled chief and screamed in his face during the campaign gameplay, and we all saw the skull. But lets think about this, it was a human skull....... why would it be human??

post-20993-0-08953900-1342767528.jpg

There are probably no humans on Requiem, and its most likely that chief was the first human there. My best theory is that it sign of hatred from the Didact. A skull represents death and its human skull.....because Didact hates humans. Otherwise i dont have any explanation for this......it seems so odd now that i have thought about it. anyone know what the prupose of it is??

Edit:

this is getting even more puzzling. stop this vid at 0:58

Edited by Victory Element
  • Like 3

i'm sure everyone thought it was pretty sweet when that Promethean knight tackled chief and screamed in his face during the campaign gameplay, and we all saw the skull. But lets think about this, it was a human skull....... why would it be human??

post-20993-0-08953900-1342767528.jpg

There are probably no humans on Requiem, and its most likely that chief was the first human there. My best theory is that it sign of hatred from the Didact. A skull represents death and its human skull.....because Didact hates humans. Otherwise i dont have any explanation for this......it seems so odd now that i have thought about it. anyone know what the prupose of it is??

The other Didact hated humans. And from what we know, Forerunners would have been very similar to Humans. Therefore, I think it fits.

The other Didact hated humans. And from what we know, Forerunners would have been very similar to Humans. Therefore, I think it fits.

The "other" Didact put his imprint on Bornstellar. Now that the orignal Didact is dead, his consciousness lies in Bornstellars body.

and forerunners are 4 meters tall.......not close to a human

• Like 1

The "other" Didact put his imprint on Bornstellar. Now that the orignal Didact is dead, his consciousness lies in Bornstellars body.

They would have looked sort of similar to humans then. Heck, they have a history with Humans and supposedly "made" them. I'm sure somehow, it will fit in. Hopefully. Jeez, 343 need to think before they do things...

They would have looked sort of similar to humans then. Heck, they have a history with Humans and supposedly "made" them. I'm sure somehow, it will fit in. Hopefully. Jeez, 343 need to think before they do things...

You can't criticize a story until you've heard it.

I do not think it looks like a human skull if anything

its a little hard to fully see it with the mouth wide open, buts its human for sure

and it may be possible that it has no specific purpose. 343 may have made it that way without considering a background story for it

i mean no hate to 343i

Hmm thats is a good point. Perhapes as you mentioned it is meant as a mark against humanity for their hatred towards humans, of perhaps knights are actually dead humans re-purposed for the Didacts wishes? Who knows, hopefully 343i actually explains this

Well Cortana say's "They're definately not organic", and then later says "They look like some kind of Forerunner defense AI." Since they are not living their creators can design them to look any way that they please. And since the Forerunners were likely very similar to humans anatomically, it would make sense to have skulls like this.

They could be flaming because that would be more terrifying to their foes.

• Like 1

i just had a new theory about the skulls. In the time of the forerunners, they transfered human consiousnesses into monitors. 343 guilty spark was once an ancient human by the name of chakas(i know i didnt spell it correctly) maybe they have human consiousnesses inside of them, and they have possibly gone mad?? just a rough theory

I doubt the Didact has human slaves working for him although that's an interesting theory. You can't even say that those are human skulls for sure. I can point out many way that they aren't human skulls the same you can list that they are. However the fact that they resemble humans is either not related in any way and 343 did it to look cool or I would say it's an intimidation thing.

• Like 1

I doubt the Didact has human slaves working for him although that's an interesting theory. You can't even say that those are human skulls for sure. I can point out many way that they aren't human skulls the same you can list that they are. However the fact that they resemble humans is either not related in any way and 343 did it to look cool or I would say it's an intimidation thing.

ya, i figured it was justing something they made to look cool, it probably has no purpose......but if it does....things could get interesting

If you look at forerunner pictures, then you can see that they have long faces. the skull you see seems a little longer than a human skull and the teeth look different. i would think they are forerunner skulls because, first off, the prometheans are forerunner made. second, humans were made to where they look like forerunners, so i can see how we can get confused if this is the case. the prometheans have been asleep and just woken up by master cheif, and i dont think the forerunners or the diadact would have known they were going to land on that planet. so why make human faces to scare others, i would use my own skulll.

• Like 1

in halo 3 truth needed a human to avctivate the rings because the humans have similar hands as forerunners... maybe heads too :P

No, the forerunners left the humans in charge since they proved worthy in the battle against them.

Why do you keep saying the Didact hates the humans? If I remember well, he didn't.

On the skull, it could be made by the A.I. Itself just to try to scare Chief. I don't believe that the Promethean Knights, being AI, have skulls.

• Like 1

Forerunner's can come in many sizes. I never got the impression that many of them were too much taller than 2 meters.

Anyways, the teeth don't seem to match that of a humans. It looks like they are too big and not enough.

Here is a human skull

sp2009.jpg

It seems pretty noticeable that the teeth on the Promethean are different than a humans. Also the human eye sockets look smaller, and the jaw bone looks less defined.

• Like 1

Forerunner's can come in many sizes. I never got the impression that many of them were too much taller than 2 meters.

Anyways, the teeth don't seem to match that of a humans. It looks like they are too big and not enough.

Here is a human skull

sp2009.jpg

It seems pretty noticeable that the teeth on the Promethean are different than a humans. Also the human eye sockets look smaller, and the jaw bone looks less defined.

Yes, you can definitely see some differences. The "nostrils" for one. Around that area, the Forerunner version has extra details that Human skulls lack. Honestly, in the terminal videos in Anniversary, the Forerunners look about the same size as Humans compared to the monitors floating around them. Maybe a bit larger. I think that it is either a reference to Human nature, (We are the most violent thing on Earth.) or a scare tactic to make their A.I.'s seem terrifying. Even if 343 announce no reason for it, (Why does a model choice matter when this is the first time we've seen them anyway?) we can think of many reasons why it would happen.
  • Like 3

Why do you keep saying the Didact hates the humans? If I remember well, he didn't.

i'm sure he does hate humans. He was a leader in the forerunner-human war, he lost all of his offspring in the war, and he discovered that the mantle was actually meant for humanity.

Here is a human skull

sp2009.jpg

i do see some differences now that it is compared. I never meant the 4 meters thing to sound like they had distinct differences in the skull, i was thinking a matter of size. Also the skull that you have the pic of is in perfect condition. I recently visited some catacombs and saw more skulls than i needed to in my life. But from what i saw, the promethean skull looks a lot like a human's to me. It is also not just a perfect skull that that sits around like in the pic. Its kinda like a ghost rider skull that is obviously human (not perfect)but is meant to look intimidating

The-Ghost-Rider-Spirit-of-Vengeance.jpg

i'm sure he does hate humans. He was a leader in the forerunner-human war, he lost all of his offspring in the war, and he discovered that the mantle was actually meant for humanity.

When his memories were transferred, he kinda lived on, but didn't. I do believe after that, he grew to like them.