Server Population

B1ue D3vi1

All over the internet all I see is people saying that Halo 3 is soooo much better than Reach. Although I don't disagree with this statement, how come the Halo 3 servers barely have any people on them? If all the people I've seen taking up for Halo 3 were playing I'm sure there would be more people.

Maybe they are maybe they aren't. Either way, this shows that the majority of people prefer Halo Reach to Halo 3

Actually it doesn't show that at all. To say that you can compare current statistics for Reach and Halo 3 and come to an accurate conclusion is pure wrongness (not a real word).

I can tell you just by hearing word of mouth everywhere that the majority of people liked the gameplay of Halo 3 better than Halo Reach. I can show no statistics to support this, Its simply by far the most common opinion voiced on xbox live when playing Halo Reach.

Actually it doesn't show that at all. To say that you can compare current statistics for Reach and Halo 3 and come to an accurate conclusion is pure wrongness (not a real word).

I can tell you just by hearing word of mouth everywhere that the majority of people liked the gameplay of Halo 3 better than Halo Reach. I can show no statistics to support this, Its simply by far the most common opinion voiced on xbox live when playing Halo Reach.

Well, that is because when playing Reach one doesn't have to say they enjoy it. They are playing it instead of Halo 3 after all, yes? And most Reach lovers these days don't care to join arguments about it.

Well, that is because when playing Reach one doesn't have to say they enjoy it. They are playing it instead of Halo 3 after all, yes? And most Reach lovers these days don't care to join arguments about it.

They don't have to say that they enjoy playing other Halos more, yes? But many (if not the vast majority) of them do in my experiences playing Halo Reach.

And it still doesn't say anything about how comparing current Halo 3 server statistics and current Halo Reach statistics will give you no accurate view on how much people enjoyed the game in any way shape or form.

All over the internet all I see is people saying that Halo 3 is soooo much better than Reach. Although I don't disagree with this statement, how come the Halo 3 servers barely have any people on them? If all the people I've seen taking up for Halo 3 were playing I'm sure there would be more people.

You are comparing a game that is over 5 years old now to a game that is not even 2 years old. You have to remember that alot of people that played halo 3 probably traded it to buy reach. I remember halo 3's population to be around 500k at a time each day a year after release, yet halo reach could barely scrape 100k, Thats got to tell you somthing.

You are comparing a game that is over 5 years old now to a game that is not even 2 years old. You have to remember that alot of people that played halo 3 probably traded it to buy reach. I remember halo 3's population to be around 500k at a time each day a year after release, yet halo reach could barely scrape 100k, Thats got to tell you somthing.

Yeah a lot more people played Halo 3 when it was the newest Halo than Halo Reach

Yes, a lot more people played Halo 3 back in the day. But people are throwing out statistics without looking at the full picture. Halo Reach is competing with games that sell just as much as the franchise now. MW3 sold in the millions and BF3 takes another chunk of the FPS market. When Halo 3 came out, there wasn't much multiplayer FPS that could compare to it. So those 500K numbers would have to be compared to market share at the time. Just like the 100K numbers are compared to market share. It's like comparing game sales to online numbers. If Halo 3 had Reach's competition, the Halo 3 forum would have been full of crybabies saying they no longer play Halo 3 cuz they keep getting booted and they moved on to other games. Likewise, if Reach had little to no competition, their numbers would be close to 500K if not more.

I like both games, but I think it's obvious that people will play the newer game in a series. Everyone complains about how much Modern Warfare 3 sucks and how good Black Ops is, but there are still more people on MW3 than Black Ops... People will complain to no end, but at the end of the day, will still play the newer game just because it's new!

According to my xbox live history, I haven't played Halo 3 in months. I still thoroughly enjoy playing that game and prefer it to Halo: Reach in some aspects, yet I play Reach more for some reason.

• Like 1

I like both games, but I think it's obvious that people will play the newer game in a series. Everyone complains about how much Modern Warfare 3 sucks and how good Black Ops is, but there are still more people on MW3 than Black Ops... People will complain to no end, but at the end of the day, will still play the newer game just because it's new!

According to my xbox live history, I haven't played Halo 3 in months. I still thoroughly enjoy playing that game and prefer it to Halo: Reach in some aspects, yet I play Reach more for some reason.

I remember when COD fans cried and complained about the "rush" job they did on Black Ops and how it was terrible compared to MW2. Now those same ppl are complaining about MW3 and saying Black Ops was better. See the pattern? The gaming community has gotten younger and more demanding because they expect for things to be done without understanding or appreciating the work that goes into creating the experience until they get a new experience that they are also disappointed in. When Halo 4 comes out, there will be tons of ppl on these forums following their statement that Halo 4 sucks with, "at least on Reach I could....". These are the same ppl who say they preferred Halo 3. When Black Ops 2 comes out, they will say MW3 was better. I call it RWADD, Retarded Wannabe Attention Deficit Disorder people. Your brain doesn't have to be instantly gratified and you don't have ADD. You just want an excuse for being an unsatisfyable. Why are so many dudes acting like females nowadays?

• Like 2

Please don't be stereotype us girls to be retarded and such

sorry, i was referring to some posting gamers wanting to have their cake and eat it too, which i associate with females in relationships who then blame guys for their choices in men. shoulda probably expounded on that point. be happy with what you got cuz it's your choice of what you are being entertained by. don't blame the game for not maturing at the rate you think it should and how you think it should. choose another game or deal with the gaming relationship you are in with a smile.