Your Halo 4 Infection Map Ideas?

VEF214

Curious to see what everyone will be Forging using the best Halo gametype out there! What do you plan to Forge for Infection?

I have 3 off the top of my head.

1.) Area 51 type map. Indoors, close-quarters combat, multi-tiered structure with many many rooms and hallways. Humans have to barricade themselves in rooms and hold out against zombies that can pick up human weapons themselves. Zombies start with Energy Sword and Needler.

2.) Omega Journey type map. Very curious to see what kind of destructible items Forge will have this time around. Long escape map forcing players to use teamwork to kill the weak but fast and deadly zombies behind them and at the same time to escape through the obstacles to the final safe room and hold out there. The portable shield armor ability could make a good cameo here. A big focus here would be allowing the zombies to always be at the front of the action and never have much downtime since their lives are so short. Zombie teleporters or access points to different parts of the tunnel are crucial. Zombies shouldn't be getting bored going through the same long stretch of map just to die within a second when getting close to the humans. Ammo dumps with easily defenceable chokes mark the checkpoints.

3.) Village surrounding a central ammo dump with long respawns for human weapons. Humans must conserve ammo and make the dangerous journey to the center for ammo or be killed on the outskirts without ammo. Buildings can be used for protection and barricading. Zombies spawn outside village fence and jump inside. Streets are dangerous because of fast zombies with moderate health. Secret Promethean/Forerunner weapons are to be found around the map.

Feel free to be more in-depth than me. :laughing:

Share your ideas!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A low gravity space station, with darkening effects and small flashing lights. Maybe even a spaceship, but something that can be used as a creepy, low-g environment. But there will be a few normal/high gravity environments, like maybe on top of the station/ship, and there is a star underneath it, making it so players will be unable to move fast or jump. And in airlock type areas, where there is normal gravity and life support.

I too was thinking about doing a spaceship map. The ship is falling apart and zombies are coming at you from every direction. I might even have some parts that will through you out into "space" and kill you if you get too close.

Just watched an awesome new movie which gave me an idea for the Space Ship map. There's a dead ship in space (no lights or power to the ship) and you have to go in and check out whats wrong. Zombies are coming from all directions and you have to survive. I'm thinking of making the gametype safe haven. I cant wait till Halo 4 comes out.

Edited by The Director
Merged a double post

• 2 weeks later...

I too was thinking about doing a spaceship map. The ship is falling apart and zombies are coming at you from every direction. I might even have some parts that will through you out into "space" and kill you if you get too close.

Cool idea. I would play it for sure :)

I was thinking of utilizing the feature that allows certain areas to enable abilities, like camo or whatever. Say a map like Sword Base, where everyone would hide in the bottom tunnel. We can add the the area thing around the entrance so they turn invisible and won't be shot as often.

I was thinking more like a close-quarters maze map, where the Spartans only have one life and have to hide from the one invincible Flood. If you can sneak up on him you can assassinate him but other than that he's completely invulnerable. He's only slightly faster than the spartans so that he can slowly catch up to them as he chases the ones whom he's found >:3 Dark, long corridors that split up into multiple paths would create a very tense atmosphere, and the Flood would have a radar that reaches pretty far, so you'd have to be crouching most of the time. You have a radar, but you can only see a short distance. You can literally only tell that the Flood is near you when he's very, very near. There would obviously be little hiding spots that the Flood would have to check for Spartans. (Again, more tension >:3) Once he finds you, you're not getting away unless he gets distracted by a Spartan that seems like an easier target, or by some miracle you find one of the three special spots that'll give you a speed boost. (Only spawn once)

It's a little vague, but if you've ever played the Minotaur gametype, it's kind of like that but a bit different ^_^