•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (05 December 2019 - 07:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, EmiLekA! :welcome: View EmiLekA's Profile
@  343iBot : (04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, Sallyovace! :welcome: View Sallyovace's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (04 December 2019 - 02:44 PM) the masta pasta race
@  Twinreaper : (04 December 2019 - 06:50 AM) hola amigos...welcome to the masta race lol
@  Halo6 Follower : (03 December 2019 - 09:26 PM) Rejoice!
@  Tony le Lava... : (03 December 2019 - 06:00 PM) The day I've been waiting for years has finally come :)
@  343iBot : (03 December 2019 - 02:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, ScytheFG! :welcome: View ScytheFG's Profile
@  343iBot : (02 December 2019 - 12:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Richardjup! :welcome: View Richardjup's Profile
@  343iBot : (01 December 2019 - 04:23 PM) Welcome to the forums, Michaelbanny! :welcome: View Michaelbanny's Profile
@  343iBot : (30 November 2019 - 10:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, PhilipdAype! :welcome: View PhilipdAype's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 06:12 PM) Welcome to the forums, Onecapper! :welcome: View Onecapper's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 02:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, brownE7! :welcome: View brownE7's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 11:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, duaneblynn! :welcome: View duaneblynn's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 05:37 AM) Welcome to the forums, jonathanK! :welcome: View jonathanK's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (26 November 2019 - 08:25 PM) nay nay nay!
@  Mr Kittens a... : (26 November 2019 - 10:50 AM) Hey hey hey!
@  343iBot : (26 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) Welcome to the forums, BrianTrorb! :welcome: View BrianTrorb's Profile
@  Akali : (24 November 2019 - 07:47 PM) @RedStarRocket91 Damn right we should! Like the good old days
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (24 November 2019 - 10:58 AM) why compete when mouse-keyboard combos are dumb
@  Maestro : (20 November 2019 - 09:28 PM) yeah, but I think that shouldn't matter when you play with your buddies in campaign or screw around in custom games

Photo

Doubts about Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn

FUD doubts inconsitencies Halo: Reach Flame is awesome

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Des Feux

Des Feux

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 156 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:xXFlameGameXx
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:40 AM

So I guess most of you guys have seen already the Forward Unto Dawn trailer, if not I suggest you watch it:

Now, I have a doubt about the story itself and I would appreciate if someone clears this up for me.
Apparently, the story is taking place around 2525 +, following a group of UNSC cadets in the beginning of the Human-Covenant War. John-117 (a.k.a the badass known as the Master Chief) was born in 2510 and was abducted to become a Spartan in 2517. In the trailer he's supposed to represent a ''teenage'' (since at the time he's probably 14 or 15) version of the Chief, that's why he's not voiced by Steve Downes. My doubt here is:

-You can clearly hear a cadet call him ''Chief''. I'm pretty sure after graduating, spartans became Petty Officer Second Class. If someone knows when did John got the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer please post it.

If you have any doubts about Forward Unto Dawn please post them here.

Posted Image

#2 skummgummigubbe

skummgummigubbe

Viking

• Legendary Members
  • 1,543 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:skummgummigubbe
  • Locationsweden
         2    7               

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

i have no doubts i have to see whole before i can decide

...Please leave a like if this post was any help to you...

D3tOk4R.jpg

First SWEDISH 1000th poster
25th person to reach 1000 posts

#3 Minuette

Minuette

Vroom Vroom

• Trusted Members
  • 794 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Harmony Redux
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:50 AM

Actually the reason he wasn't voiced by steve downes is because they needed someone to fit in the suit, theres a movie actor whoms name I have clearly forgotten is the character who is in the suit and talks so its a win win. I hate it when people have doubts...

Legalize Wheelies, 2017

#4 DoctorB77

DoctorB77

Unlicensed, M.D.

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,493 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:DoctorB77
  • LocationNow taking Vitamin PWN.

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

He got that rank because he was the squad leader for all of the spartans. Everyone else got Petty Officer 3rd or 2nd (I don't remember)

Posted Image

"Each one of these souls is finite and precious. And I'm close. Close to saving them all." -The Librarian

2nd Member to reach 4000 posts - 12/16/12

Posted Image

#5 Mr Biggles

Mr Biggles

The King

• Dedicated Members
  • 4,606 posts
Heroic
  • LocationUnderneath your rock.
4    3                                             

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

Eh, im sure if it was a mistake, its a little one, they can't expect to be perfect all the time XD

First British MoM.
1st Member to have 4000+ Posts

Retired Halo gamer. No longer have a console.

Want to find out how to improve at Halo Reach and 4? Look no further! http://343i.org/2io

Play PC games, HMU if interested in playing.
Will occasionally check the website.

#6 WonderWombat

WonderWombat

SUPER Arbiter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,237 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:W0NDERW0MBAT
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

I'm pretty sure it is supposed to progress forward in time. How would he have Mk VI armor in 2525?

NwA4a.png

The Shoutbox can't even handle me right now.

#7 Victory Element

Victory Element

F Ξ A R

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,495 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Victory Element
  • LocationThe White Room

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

Actually the reason he wasn't voiced by steve downes is because they needed someone to fit in the suit, theres a movie actor whoms name I have clearly forgotten is the character who is in the suit and talks so its a win win. I hate it when people have doubts...

ya i saw this in a behind the scenes interview thing. I think the actor was in x-men or something like that, i dont remember either

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ... victorious."

gallery_20993_451_49242.png

#8 Wes Stone501

Wes Stone501

Prophet of Truth

• Trusted Members
  • 302 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Wes Stone501
  • LocationThe USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

I'm not doubting it im just worried...

1st Concern- They're not using Chiefs classic voice (hopefully they are that's just a "early build")
2nd Concern- I saw no covenant in the trailer... This is Halo and there are aliens EVERY WHERE (during the battles)
3rd Concern- It's interupting Halo 4 focus

Just because he's in the suit doesn't mean anything. They can still use the guy that does the chiefs voice for the game it could be a place holder

Never mess with a Spartan

Posted Image

#9 King of Winter

King of Winter

King

• Dedicated Members
  • 702 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:laSOAD4life
  • LocationSo-Cal

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

3rd Concern- It's Halo 4 focus

It is supposed to bring hype to Halo 4, the last episode of this series being released a week before Halo 4. Think of it as a countdown type thing. And it's long time until Halo 4 comes out, so they something to feed our Halo hunger.

xuvvYy1.png

#10 Killer K34

Killer K34

Sergeant Johnson

• Trusted Members
  • 328 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Killer K34
  • LocationSouth Jordan, Utah

Posted 13 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

I'm not doubting it im just worried...

1st Concern- They're not using Chiefs classic voice (hopefully they are that's just a "early build")
2nd Concern- I saw no covenant in the trailer... This is Halo and there are aliens EVERY WHERE (during the battles)
3rd Concern- It's interupting Halo 4 focus

Just because he's in the suit doesn't mean anything. They can still use the guy that does the chiefs voice for the game it could be a place holder

Concern 1: he is 14 so even though he does have the physicality of the olympian at this age, he still isnt going to sound like he is when he is almost 50
Concern 2:If you listen to the podcasts that have come out "sparkcast 14" and "Modcast waypoint episode 121" they talk about the aliens in the game and if you pay close enogh attention you see an invisable elite's footstep in the ground in the trailer. In this series the feel is supposed to represent what humanity first felt when they first encountered the covenant: A very mysterious ,scary,terrifing creature that can sneak up on you and tear you apart. the series is what you would say a sci-fy horror action film
Concern 3:This is a seque into halo 4 as is Cryptum,Primordium,any other story plot that they put down on the halo four list 3 years ago. Considering that the filming only took 5 weeks in vancouver and that forge is being worked on by a seperate company, campaign is just being make to look better and better since its finished they have their staff working very productivly. Also all of this filming took place back in May when all of the other news came out, E3 on the bring, dealing with everything im sure they can handle this.

So I guess most of you guys have seen already the Forward Unto Dawn trailer, if not I suggest you watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca3Y8Ws3plI&feature=g-all-f

Now, I have a doubt about the story itself and I would appreciate if someone clears this up for me.
Apparently, the story is taking place around 2525 +, following a group of UNSC cadets in the beginning of the Human-Covenant War. John-117 (a.k.a the badass known as the Master Chief) was born in 2510 and was abducted to become a Spartan in 2517. In the trailer he's supposed to represent a ''teenage'' (since at the time he's probably 14 or 15) version of the Chief, that's why he's not voiced by Steve Downes. My doubt here is:

-You can clearly hear a cadet call him ''Chief''. I'm pretty sure after graduating, spartans became Petty Officer Second Class. If someone knows when did John got the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer please post it.

If you have any doubts about Forward Unto Dawn please post them here.

with the spartan augmentations they had taken place, when they were of teenage years they alerady had the body of olympians and the intelligence of enhanced minds as if they were you daddy. However, he is still 14 -17 years of age and he is not going to sound exactly like he is his almost 50 year old self we know him as.
John took the command of Chief over the other spartan IIs because of an exersize that took place when they were still kids and his will and determination to get every spartan out of the simulation alive even though they said everyone wouldnt make it out. Throu his leadership and thinking, he was able to accomplish the mission without leaving any of the spartan trainees behind. When this happened Dr Cathrine Halsey gave John the Chief role of the spartans in his childhood for she saw his potenial. He is the Master chief Petty officer grade (i cant remember lol) hope that helps
Those who are ignorant of history are doomed to repeat it
Posted Image

#11 WonderWombat

WonderWombat

SUPER Arbiter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,237 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

I will be slightly upset if the Covenant's CGI looks good, because they could have used it for everything. The costumes the marines use don't even look similar to anything we've seen before besides the helmet, and maybe the shoulders.

NwA4a.png

#12 36-2071 Pragmatic Avarice

36-2071 Pragmatic Avarice

The Arbiter

• Trusted Members
  • 387 posts
Liked

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

People would have doubted it without giving it a fair chance anyway. It's very impressive for what we hadn't done yet in Halo- a cinematic series.

#13 Wes Stone501

Wes Stone501

Prophet of Truth

• Trusted Members
  • 302 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Wes Stone501
  • LocationThe USA

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

@ Killer K34
You bring up a good point I didn't realize he is that young. The water moving doesn' count as seeing covenant if there was a blurr of the cammo maybe but I want to see them without the invisiblity and im sure they will. Im know 343 can handle the extra projects but it does bring some important people away from Halo 4 development like fank o connor, I do think that the extra problems are worth it though... How about saber start to work on Halo 2 Anniversary!

Never mess with a Spartan

Posted Image

#14 Killer K34

Killer K34

Sergeant Johnson

• Trusted Members
  • 328 posts
Liked

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

I will be slightly upset if the Covenant's CGI looks good, because they could have used it for everything. The costumes the marines use don't even look similar to anything we've seen before besides the helmet, and maybe the shoulders.

In the video they arent really marines. They are the children of major people with in the UNSC that have put their kids their like a military school. They arent supposed to have the same combat armor a marine has, just training armor reasoning also why they would wear glasses instead of a visor on their eyes. So in other words their supposed to look like training armor
Posted Image

#15 SykoWolf

SykoWolf

The Old Wolf

• Dedicated Members
  • 2,244 posts
Heroic
  • LocationAustralia!

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Your also forgetting that the armour would be old as it isnt the newest version of the gungnir armour, so of course it will be of a different design.

And the name of the actor playing the Master Chief is Daniel Cudmore, he is 6 foot 6 and played colossus in X-men

(Insert Signature Here)

#16 Killer K34

Killer K34

Sergeant Johnson

• Trusted Members
  • 328 posts
Liked

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Your also forgetting that the armour would be old as it isnt the newest version of the gungnir armour, so of course it will be of a different design.

And the name of the actor playing the Master Chief is Daniel Cudmore, he is 6 foot 6 and played colossus in X-men

yea he is wearing a Mjolnir Mk IV armor in the series
Posted Image

#17 WonderWombat

WonderWombat

SUPER Arbiter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,237 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

yea he is wearing a Mjolnir Mk IV armor in the series

They definitely messed the armor up in Halo Legends, as every thin is identical to Mk IV except the shoulders and helmet. Then they used that Halo Legends armor...

They should have made the armor look like this if you ask me:

Posted Image

NwA4a.png

#18 [email protected] FloreZ

[email protected] FloreZ

Promethean Knight

• Members
  • 123 posts
Liked
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

The actors name is Micheal Cudmore and I think they made a good choice, he was also in the x-men and uh, twilight

Imagine how many kids want that guy to go to their birthday party....

"A soldier shouldn't be honored for what he was expected to do" - Master Chief

"A spartan cant have his own baggage...his own weight...theres just no room...he already carries all the weight of humanity on his back." - Chief Mendez

Posted Image

#19 Killer K34

Killer K34

Sergeant Johnson

• Trusted Members
  • 328 posts
Liked

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:06 AM

The actors name is Micheal Cudmore and I think they made a good choice, he was also in the x-men and uh, twilight

Imagine how many kids want that guy to go to their birthday party....

Its David Cudmore....sorry to correct you lol

They definitely messed the armor up in Halo Legends, as every thin is identical to Mk IV except the shoulders and helmet. Then they used that Halo Legends armor...

They should have made the armor look like this if you ask me:

Posted Image

The armor in legends is more correct then this one is by far. and it doesnt matter anyways because spartans could add a couple things to their armor like bigger shoulderpads like in the picture here. It ususally was for a tweak that needed to be fixed, Jorge just decided to take it to the next level.....
Posted Image

#20 WonderWombat

WonderWombat

SUPER Arbiter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,237 posts
Dedicated
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:23 AM

The armor in legends is more correct then this one is by far. and it doesnt matter anyways because spartans could add a couple things to their armor like bigger shoulderpads like in the picture here. It ususally was for a tweak that needed to be fixed, Jorge just decided to take it to the next level.....

The armor in Halo Legends was just Mk VI except a bit different. The armor from the package always seemed out of place.

NwA4a.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FUD doubts, inconsitencies, Halo: Reach, Flame is awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users