Halo 4 Ranking System Confirmed. (actually old news, forgot to tell)

Baby Boo

Recently, I have had many people ask me what the ranking system was after posting it multiple times. So, instead of PMing each one of you, I decided to make a new thread.

This information was actually released a couple of months ago in a gameplay video; one of the first we ever seen at the time. It was near the end, when the game was over. On one player`s screen, was the level up screen. And here is what I got from it:

Basically, they have merged the Halo 3 and Halo: Reach ranking systems. They have brought back EXP and credits. Credits, as you may know, are now called Spartan Points. How this works, is that you earn EXP the same as you do for Halo 3, for every kill, assist, headshot, and mostly anything you can think of worth anything. Now, Spartan Points are handed out differently. Instead of getting them after each game, you get a set amount upon every time you rank up. Spartan Points are redeemable for weapons, armor, equipment, and other things for your custom loadout. Following me?

Now, I understand some of you may be confused with the merging of the 1-50 numbers and the symbols from reach. Before I explain, think; Have you ever counted the ranks in Halo: Reach? If so, you would know they lead up to the number 50. 1 being recruit, 50 being inheritor. So basically, with your numbered rank, you get the corresponding Halo: Reach symbol. For example, lets say you just got the game, and you are 1-Recruit. You would then, once you get the EXP, will rank up to 2-Private. And all the way through to 50-Inheritor.

Anyway, I hope this cleared up a lot of confusion surrounding the ranking system. If you have any additional questions regarding the system, post here in this thread, or fire me a PM.

Again, hope I helped! Bullet, out.

• Like 7

Thanks for taking the time to put this thread together. I think that 343industries really hit the nail on the head with the system that they conjured up. A system like this that appeals to casual gamers and competetive gamers alike should work out best in the end. Liked.

:)

• Like 1

This can't be all they're putting in the game. It would anger so many. If they don't have a trueskill ranking, people will not buy the game.

That`s the thing, it is a trueskill ranking. Did you not read carefully? It`s like halo 3, EXP system, negative for losing, more for winning. Pretty simple, just with some good additions to tweak it ;)

That`s the thing, it is a trueskill ranking. Did you not read carefully? It`s like halo 3, EXP system, negative for losing, more for winning. Pretty simple, just with some good additions to tweak it ;)

No, in a video I was watching, the rank your talking about, with the Reach style Symbols and Ranks, went up by EXP that is EXACTLY like Halo Reach's credits.

8.png

As you can see in this image, the 1-50 ranks are NOT based on true skill, but a credit system like Halo Reach.

Also, I believe they will be adding a trueskill system on the side, to satisfy pro and casual gamers the both. At 30 seconds in the video below, the bottom right corner says ''Frankie just reached A-7'', which is most likely that system, which no imformation is given on how it might work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E_SAkHpNI0w#t=30s

Also, I believe they will be adding a trueskill system on the side, to satisfy pro and casual gamers the both. At 30 seconds in the video below, the bottom right corner says ''Frankie just reached A-7'', which is most likely that system, which no imformation is given on how it might work.

343 confirmed that A-7 is just a placeholder rank.

No, in a video I was watching, the rank your talking about, with the Reach style Symbols and Ranks, went up by EXP that is EXACTLY like Halo Reach's credits.

8.png

As you can see in this image, the 1-50 ranks are NOT based on true skill, but a credit system like Halo Reach.

As I see it, It says SCORE: 2500 I'm thinking those are "Your TrueSkill points"

Here's my Theory Note that this in SPARTAN OPS, and not on WAR GAMES.

Complete Game: Seem pretty obvious, you complete the game, you get points, you quit, you loose points.

Victory: You win, get points, you loose, you loose points.

Score: Things you do to prove your skill in-game Ex. Headshot, Sniper Kill, Nade Kill, Assist, Assassination etc.

Online: I think this only applies for Spartan Ops, which you can play online and solo offline. You play online, you get some extra points.

Objectives: This also applies only for Spartan Ops. You complete certain amount of objectives given for the mission, you get points, you don't, you loose points.

Also, remember these are ONLY 1000 or so points, and you need 140'000. Takin extra zeros off, its like you win 1 point and you need 140

They have brought back EXP and credits. Credits, as you may know, are now called Spartan Points. How this works, is that you earn EXP the same as you do for Halo 3, for every kill, assist, headshot, and mostly anything you can think of worth anything.

In Halo 3 you earned exp for a win, and you only got one exp point. Halo Reach works on a hidden true skill system.

In Halo 3 you didn't earn more true skill for winning, the true skill system would take into account every player in the games: true skill, games won, and games lost, and deem if these players were better then you or not, and then decide whether you went up or down in true skill depending on if you won or lost to better or worse players.

If you were versing opponents that the game felt you should beat, but you lost, then your true skill went down

If you were versing opponents that the game felt you should lose against, and you lost, then your true skill probably wouldn't change

If you were versing opponents that the game felt you should lose against, but you won, then your true skill would go up

And if you were versing opponents that the game felt you should win against, and you won, it probably would change

The game also took into account the team you were playing with

This true skill system was developed by Microsoft

( Lone Wolf was a little more complicated, but had a similar system)

• Like 2

In Halo 3 you earned exp for a win, and you only got one exp point. Halo Reach works on a hidden true skill system.

In Halo 3 you didn't earn more true skill for winning, the true skill system would take into account every player in the games: true skill, games won, and games lost, and deem if these players were better then you or not, and then decide whether you went up or down in true skill depending on if you won or lost to better or worse players.

If you were versing opponents that the game felt you should beat, but you lost, then your true skill went down

If you were versing opponents that the game felt you should lose against, and you lost, then your true skill probably wouldn't change

If you were versing opponents that the game felt you should lose against, but you won, then your true skill would go up

And if you were versing opponents that the game felt you should win against, and you won, it probably would change

The game also took into account the team you were playing with

This true skill system was developed by Microsoft

( Lone Wolf was a little more complicated, but had a similar system)

A system that only ranks you based on wins/ losses does not measure skill accurately.

• Like 2

As I see it, It says SCORE: 2500 I'm thinking those are "Your TrueSkill points"

Here's my Theory Note that this in SPARTAN OPS, and not on WAR GAMES.

Complete Game: Seem pretty obvious, you complete the game, you get points, you quit, you loose points.

Victory: You win, get points, you loose, you loose points.

Score: Things you do to prove your skill in-game Ex. Headshot, Sniper Kill, Nade Kill, Assist, Assassination etc.

Online: I think this only applies for Spartan Ops, which you can play online and solo offline. You play online, you get some extra points.

Objectives: This also applies only for Spartan Ops. You complete certain amount of objectives given for the mission, you get points, you don't, you loose points.

Also, remember these are ONLY 1000 or so points, and you need 140'000. Takin extra zeros off, its like you win 1 point and you need 140

Dude, it DOESN'T MATTER. War games or Spartan Ops wouldn't affect an overall credit system. That's like saying you wouldn't get credits for playing Firefight. And yet again you are wrong. Seeing as it IS Spartan Ops, you wouldn't get rated on true skill!!! The ''Score'', is most likely how you played in game, based on how many enemies you killed in your SO mission.

As for your last opinion, that doesn't really have to do with anything. (1,000=1 so it's 140 points to next level). That's completely irrelevant.

I think man of the people along with Quantum summed up my couple of mistakes there, and points I missed. Yes, you can rank down. I thought I mentioned that in OP, but I seemed to have forgotten. Secondly, the image Quantum has shown, yes, you do earn your EXP like that. But all of this EXP is earned through "achieving" certain accomplishments in the match. Such as a kill, headshot, assist, et cetera. And then the game win bonus.

• Like 1

A system that only ranks you based on wins/ losses does not measure skill accurately.

Sometimes statistics don't tell the whole story either, if that's what you're saying. There have been plenty of times where I went 15+ K/D and still lose, so I definitely get what you're saying. But you also have to have map knowledge, teamwork, and other intangibles that can't be measured by statistics. It works both ways.

Halo 2's ranking system was the best in my opinion. It was challenging and 9 times out of 10 it really did show somebody's true skill.

My only question is, will there be ranks for each playlist???

Dude, it DOESN'T MATTER. War games or Spartan Ops wouldn't affect an overall credit system. That's like saying you wouldn't get credits for playing Firefight. And yet again you are wrong. Seeing as it IS Spartan Ops, you wouldn't get rated on true skill!!! The ''Score'', is most likely how you played in game, based on how many enemies you killed in your SO mission.

As for your last opinion, that doesn't really have to do with anything. (1,000=1 so it's 140 points to next level). That's completely irrelevant.

you got me all wrong. I'm saying that maybe the "Objectives" would only affect Objective games and/or Spartan Ops. The Score, I'm thinking, it's what you do in-game. Things that use skill. As you said "how you played". Remember these are only my thoughts.

On the EXP points, I said that because many people would think that they give away too many points.

• Like 1

Are you stupid? how is this anything to do with a trueskill thing? people win granted, but that means everyone can be a 50 soooo easily, This is going to upset a huge population of the original halo 3 guys, the people who actually played with a high level of skill, the only people at level 50 where those who had a high level of skill, not these noobs who think they're good because now its the easiest thing, when you lose you don't lose exp, you just need to keep playing, any game that is based on just playing to get the top rank is a joke, look what happened with halo reach, one of the main reasons why reach went to crap is due to the lack of ranking system and overal no level of competitivness.

343i shouldn't have taken the 1-50 out, I realise that there was alot of boosting involved with halo 3, and also deranking and w/e, but even so people who actually possessed the skill to play the game actually got their 50's, if someone is too bad to get it then good, the 1-50 ranking system seperates the tards from the better players, Im aware of the double's 50 kids and they're morons anyways, just make a way to see what their 50's in on the game itself.

Are you stupid? how is this anything to do with a trueskill thing? people win granted, but that means everyone can be a 50 soooo easily, This is going to upset a huge population of the original halo 3 guys, the people who actually played with a high level of skill, the only people at level 50 where those who had a high level of skill, not these noobs who think they're good because now its the easiest thing, when you lose you don't lose exp, you just need to keep playing, any game that is based on just playing to get the top rank is a joke, look what happened with halo reach, one of the main reasons why reach went to crap is due to the lack of ranking system and overal no level of competitivness.

343i shouldn't have taken the 1-50 out, I realise that there was alot of boosting involved with halo 3, and also deranking and w/e, but even so people who actually possessed the skill to play the game actually got their 50's, if someone is too bad to get it then good, the 1-50 ranking system seperates the tards from the better players, Im aware of the double's 50 kids and they're morons anyways, just make a way to see what their 50's in on the game itself.

I may not be a moderator but in no way would I tolerate this kind of behavior or attitude on my forum, OR here. First, Don't go indicating that others are unintelligent. Especially Bullet. His title reads, "The Wise Youth" for a reason. Trueskill is a very unaccurate rating system that was flawed and the Halo 4 system is definitely more accurate and probably better. You get XP for completing a game. Lose some if you quit. You get XP for kills, headshots, etc. You probably lose some for getting killed. You may even lose some for losing a game. Definitely more accurate than a win/lose system. So you have completely misunderstood. Yes, you can rank down. Halo: Reach is definitely NOT an uncompetitive joke. A ranking system doesn't break competitiveness. It only adds a bit of suspense. Just because someone isn't great at a game doesn't mean they are "tards". That is actually a serious and heavy conjecture to make. People who got their 50's in Doubles are not morons. If anyone, you are for making such an unintelligent banter in this thread.

The moderators should not have to deal with attitudes like this in the first place. I am not a moderator here and hold no such power here, but I will not let this go by without saying my word on it.

• Like 1

I don't think 343 has actually said anything about a ranking system other than "something will be there that will please people." Thus, nothing is confirmed (unless I've missed something along the way).

The only thing we know of is that a Reach type overall rank based off of play time more than anything else is still in place (using xp instead of credits), and a placeholder hinting at a secondary skill ranking (frankie getting to A-7 or whatever).

^ reach wasn't competitive at all! Wow who ever plays long enough can see the highest rank! So every time I seen a person with the highest rank on reach I thought they just have no life! But in halo 3 I see people's 50's in like all the playlist I would think there pretty good! Halo reach was a joke! No competition at all!

The rank system for halo 4 should be like this. Well if they need the credit system they put that for every game u play! You win the game u get more Xp u lose u get only what u did in that game ( number of headshots kill etc..) and for the true skill they should put it like halo 3! Base on real skill! U win a game u might go up if u lose u might go down! And that way u actually get to play people with ur type of skill!

Oh and I read in the comment above that there are 50 reach ranks! If it only takes time to rank up then it's not the same as halo 3's rank 50!

dude its called ratios he was just trying to make it easier for people to understand it so get off his back

and to everyone else in this thread who gives a f**k seriously its not like it really matters right now we will find out the system when halo 4 comes out

• Like 1