Minecraft 360 Duplication Glitch Updates

That is right. Although many of you may fear the hand of the patchers who seemingly made duplication impossible, there are still ways of doing it!

In this thread, I will try to keep you all updated on how to continue duping stuff after the patches. Each time they patch, I vow to try and find another way to duplicate!

So then. The Dispenser was patched....

Now, I bring you the dupe glitch with the chest, which works in pretty much the same way. I will explain step by step how to do it for those of you who are not yet familiar with duping.

Unless you have a chamber of obsidian and some TNT, you will need two people to do this as one of you will need to break the chest. If enough people request it, I will create a tutorial on how to create the obsidian dupe chamber.

Create a chest and place it, preferably outside of buildings and caves. (Usually works better.)

Remove all of the item you want duped from your inventory, bar one. Place that item into the chest.

Now, open the chest and hold X on that item (Or A works too I believe). Whilst holding X, have a friend break the chest.

If it has worked, two blocks will drop from the chest. Only one will be picked up as you walk over them, so dispose of this, then walk over the other. It won't dissapear. I like to call these, 'master blocks'.

Now switch to an open slot in your inventory so the master block is not in your hand. Then open your inventory.

You will see, the master block now says '64'.

You can now take this block and hold X on an empty slot in your inventory, or a chest until it resets to 64. Do this over and over until you have enough of the duped item.

You can then place the master block back into an equipable slot where it will now give a number between 199 and 255. You can build as much as you like with this block now and it will just keep reseting itself to 255 when you run out.

Or, you can dispose of the master block as you have enough duped items.

NOTES:

If you press A with the masterblock over an empty slot, it will put 64 in that slot. Those blocks cannot be used and if you try, they will dissapear.

Also, if you decide to build with your master block, it will only reset it values until you save and exit. After that, however many you have equipped is all that will be left.

Anyway, have fun duping people!

• Like 7

Food for thought, if you do build an obsidian chamber, do it at least 10 blocks above the ground, otherwise you will end up with a crater around your chamber. :D

I haven't come across this problem yet, but the chamber spec I use is a full room made from obsidian. If my phone will record my TV okay, I will try and do a video tut for the Dupe chamber. Although there may already be some on youtube. Will have to have a look at some point. :)

i thought the duplication glitch was patched

Not at all my friend, there are still ways of doing it. As I have written above. It still hasn't been patched; even after the last update.

Not many people are aware of the fact you can still dupe and as such, I don't think the minecraft guys feel too threatened by the current small usage of the duplication glitch.

Tip of the day: To increase your chance of success with the duplication glitch, have the host of the game (The worlds owner) hold down X on the chest (or A on dispenser) whilst somebody else breaks it. Not sure why it works better, but I have had a much highers success rate when doing it that way.

• Like 1

There is another way which you can only do with one person on one xbox. you cant do this with 2 people on the same xbox. You put whatever you want to glitch in the ingredient spot in a Furnace.You Break the Furnace halfway with any type pickax, then switch to your hand and then continue. When it breaks it will appear for a few seconds quickly get back on it and hold 'A' on it until it disappears.If you do it right two pieces of what you glitched will pop out. The piece that has 64 block is the glitched piece. You can either drop a ton of pieces by holding 'x' off of your inventory.Or put them in you your inventory and/or a chest.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I tried doing an old duplication glitch when the portal first as introduced back on the PC, didn't work.

You would have one person look into a chest and put items in it while the other person walked through the portal, causing the chest and your inventory to have the blocks you had just put in the chest.

There is another way which you can only do with one person on one xbox. you cant do this with 2 people on the same xbox. You put whatever you want to glitch in the ingredient spot in a Furnace.You Break the Furnace halfway with any type pickax, then switch to your hand and then continue. When it breaks it will appear for a few seconds quickly get back on it and hold 'A' on it until it disappears.If you do it right two pieces of what you glitched will pop out. The piece that has 64 block is the glitched piece. You can either drop a ton of pieces by holding 'x' off of your inventory.Or put them in you your inventory and/or a chest.

YES! THANK YOU! Hm... I don't know if you have figured this out, but when my friend and I tried it, you can stand over the "64" block, and grab 1. You can then, from that spot, spam the B button to let a whole bunch of them go on the floor around you. This area with the duped item pieces is now an unlimited source of that item, so long as you keep putting the 64's in a chest within the radius of the duped item. Keep placing. Now you have to take it out of the chest, and hold X to make 64's in your inventory. You can now use these blocks. Your initial 64 will not run out so long as you're standing on the "Master blocks". Hope I helped!

This is better than the original dupe glitch! It's unlimited!

P.S. Don't be alarmed if the "Master blocks" disappear. They are still there, just not visible. I did this with Diamond, diamond blocks, gold, gold blocks, lapis, lapis blocks, iron, and iron blocks. Will do arrows next :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...