Halo 4 Forge Wishlist: Get your ideas in!!!

SatanicBagels

Well I know a lot of people don't see the point in this, but I'd like AI/NPC units in Forge mode. To clarify, I'd use it to setup maps where a group of units would endlessly respawn and try to overtake a stronghold from AI allied with the player.

Maybe it's just petty amusement, but watching a group of well-equipped Covenant soldiers hold out against a Flood onslaught is entertaining enough for me to spend hours playing that map, if it were designed well enough. Y'know, with barricades, layers of defenses, a complex defense structure in general.

What will add the most to forge by far are the first and last suggetsions. Less restrictions on objects, and a large, flat terrain surface to work on.

What I was really hoping for from halo 4 forge was the ability to make detailed BTB and Invasion maps completely based on forge objects. It seems however that this is even less possible now than it was with Reach.

A lot of people don't seem to understand how fun big maps can be. Especially with Invasion where you can have multiple large areas that are all very well utilized as you progress through the phases. And when I make a big map, I want it to be completely orginal. I don't want half of it to be something everyone has already seen hundreds of times. I'm not saying we need anything near the size of Forge World in Reach, we just need a big empty space.

The amount of detail you can add right now is extremely limited. Reach's object limit made detail very restrictive, and Halo 4's looks exactly the same. Adding lots of small detail is what makes your map feel unique and artistic. With most categories not even reaching 100 pieces each, the amount of detail you can add in a large area is just pathetic. Especially if you are already using forge objects for your base. I am happy with the variety of pieces that are provided, we just need a lot more of the same thing.

These two suggestions are by far the most important areas to improve on and are the defining points on how much we can do with forge. Most other suggestions I see are just way too hard to incorporate, or very meager compared to this.

Team oriented killzones (only effects/ doesnt effect a team)

team oriented shields (a team can/ cant pass)

Undo button

scaling objects

underwater environments

being able to spawn water

more money/less costly pieces

shield walls in forge environments

customizable signs (like minecraft)

more lights

Customizable armor color per loadout

customizable armor per loadout/team

ability to only hold one weapon

being able to have infinite ammo for spawn weapons, but not picked up weapons

able to customize aromor abilities per team /loadout(reset time, length,etc)

in an objective game, teams can be customized differently (used for one-sided objective games)

I would really like to see auto turrets like the ones that control them selfs and shoot anyone that isent on its team. it would be a perfect way to make forts that defend them selfs=) also another cool thing would be cameras like u could place one anywhere within a distance of some kind on screen. and spy on people=D

Accually, you can do this in Halo 4. Its called Dominion.

But what i'd like to see is a few plants and trees as placeable objects, also when changing from one "forge world" to another, then the objects visuals change. For example, you have the same objects in all the forge maps. Say you start in Impact and all the objects are UNSC themed, and then you go into Ravine and then all the objects are Forrunner themed.

• 4 weeks later...

i love this game its great! but there are things missing like being able to use a pelican in forge and custom games! i want to use halo 4 to continue on my Machinima but i need a flying troop transport and the pelican would be amazing!

Have you played Mission 6? That thing is freaking the most OP vehicle I've ever seen. A pilot with 2 gatling guns and super splaser, a co-pilot with an anti-air flak cannon, and 2 gunners with HMG 4x as strong as a regular MG. MP would be killed by that thing.

Land skins (Snow, Desert, wasteland Ex..)

The ability to add environmental objects (Trees, Ponds, Hills, Ex..)

Climate (Rainy, Snowy, sunny Ex..)

Day Light (Night, Morning, Day ex..)

Sky colour

perfect! and also change material of the costruction object.....like for example: u have a block and u can change it into wood,stone,glass,bricks,steel,marble ..ivy also into grass and others. just so not to have the usual and boring stuff colors in every map

How about:

Firefight on forge maps uve built

adding natural objects other than rocks: trees, ponds etc.

elephants as spawnable vehicles

more building templates like room 2 and room 3

I am a bit annoyed that Halo 4 doesn't have a massive Forge World like in Reach because that was a really good place where there was enough space to build anything you wanted. I think that ravine is a bit like Forge World but much smaller. Also i would really have liked to have been able to have spawned Mammoths .

The ideas about changing the weather and biome and stuff is good too.

Oh well, maybe Halo 5...

I would love to see grouping! Please, Please, Please! Or a select all so I can move the entire map up, down, side, etc... I frequently need to tweak the location of all the object, especially since we don't have a big area on an outside map, I am having to use the side space on Ravine and fit things in. Just spend hours building a map and it's a touch too close to the existing cliff.

Also, would love to be able to pick a theme for the object and have access to all forge objects on all maps. I might want the Erosion object on Ravine and it's color scheme. This would be huge!

Please 343i upgrade forge!

• Like 1

Have you played Mission 6? That thing is freaking the most OP vehicle I've ever seen. A pilot with 2 gatling guns and super splaser, a co-pilot with an anti-air flak cannon, and 2 gunners with HMG 4x as strong as a regular MG. MP would be killed by that thing.

Maybe it could just be an aesthetics piece

Can we also get a mirror option? example, When I make a symmetrical map I want a small base... I need a staircase but the only one available turns to the left.... and I would like one that goes to the right as well... Or a master mirror for the map where a coordinate plan may be set and a secondary one may bes set as well, and transferred over in mirror form for symmetrical maps!!!!

This may have been said already but why not add more forge maps as DLC? I am not referring to a forge world like the size of Reach's but instead a few extra forge maps later down the road. They could even have different terrain and climates. This would be a nice compromise for forgers and I am willing to pay extra money for this.

For example, why not have one map as a snow and ice map (Yes I know there is Longbow but it isn't very good for forge) another one for small little islands, and so on.