Halo 4 Forge Wishlist: Get your ideas in!!!

SatanicBagels

I was thinking along the lines of a transport vehicle, like the falcon for instance. Here's my thought:

There's a pilot seat, one gunner seat on the right, and like 3 to 5 passenger seats. The gunner seat should be on the right for the fact most of the time you exit on the right, including campaign, but not only that there could be a co-pilot seat. The co-pilot could use something like an MAV bot or a tagging system to help point out enemies, for instance, (like the reach multiplayer falcon) where in the campaign is a gun there could be a camera in multiplayer uploading video feed of the area to any nearby teammates that the co-pilot could control.

:thumbsup:

The biggest problem I see is restrictions on budget and the amount of one type of object you can set down, however already said. lol

Another thing I would like to see is an object flip tool for a symmetric objects like the stair cases it can cause problems when you are trying to make some objects symmetric.

A better save format so that objects wont move, for instance I have found that when I place an object at lets say a 30 snap save the map go back set it back to 30 and grab the object it will move slightly(usually tilted). So I can spend forever setting an object exactly where I want it save it and it moves it off sets the look of my maps I can make it look very clean and nice save it go back to my map then everything is moved, tilted, raised, lowered, and it can even start to z fighting when I had clearly set them so they wouldn't. This could also be due to object coordinance I'll place an object at half of a coordinate or even half of that half. Either way it is clearly very terrible for maps.

Dominant object render tool, this would be when you have 2 objects overlaying and they start Z fighting while the game tries to render them both at the same time. Instead it would chose to render the dominant object over the other object allowing for a very nice clean look. This could be on a simple dominant object vs regular object vs submissive object or a scale of 1-10 for the importance of visibility of said object for multiple overlaying objects. This would be perfect for aesthetics and could possibly help with frame lag also.

Object glass replace tool, there are a lot of objects that have glass on them which can create frame lag due to rendering I think it looks very nice however at times it can be bad so maybe have a tool where it would replace the glass on an object with just a steal look for better rendering.

-A specific area where you can walk upside down

-cut off parts of forge objects to create your owns

I was thinking along the lines of a transport vehicle, like the falcon for instance. Here's my thought:

There's a pilot seat, one gunner seat on the right, and like 3 to 5 passenger seats. The gunner seat should be on the right for the fact most of the time you exit on the right, including campaign, but not only that there could be a co-pilot seat. The co-pilot could use something like an MAV bot or a tagging system to help point out enemies, for instance, (like the reach multiplayer falcon) where in the campaign is a gun there could be a camera in multiplayer uploading video feed of the area to any nearby teammates that the co-pilot could control.

:thumbsup:

this would create some awesome and epic invasion moments

There are a lot of things I really want to see in four's forge mode..

-Triggered mechanic items. Like doors, drop pods or light bridges

-A properties setting that keeps displaced objects from despawning (crates wouldn't despawn, and building blocks wouldn't freeze once at rest, or despawn, or both).

-The ability to give certain objects motorized properties- Imagine how creative forgers could be, making a piece rotate like Ascension's antenna, or maybe a conveyor belt. If you were really smart about it, you could build a pelican, spawn points and weapons inside, and have it travel around a set path in the air. Or build an out of control train like terminal.

-I really enjoyed that one about grav-lift trajectory. Maybe add a grav cushion to the other end to make high altitude grav jumps non-lethal?

-More aesthetic object choice, like bodies and bloodstains and destroyed vehicles. Lots of trees.

-Preset background objects, so we don't have to build giant buildings to backdrop our city maps. Maybe something like those half finished backdrop buildings in Outskirts on Halo 2 that you could explore for hours around.

-Different texture settings for wall/floor/surface objects so our maps don't look so identical.

-Landscapes as items. Add a grid sized block of tundra or desert or grassland.

-I can see this being a bit of a stretch, but a more realistic physics engine for water, so you could pool or redirect it. Wouldn't that have been so cool on forge worlds waterfall?

-Add water to areas maybe?

-I highly agree with the 'select all' idea to fuse pieces together.

-Scalable/editable objects. Size a coliseum wall down to half, or cut off a chunk or even put a hole in it.

-Introduce large vehicle gameplay- Scarab/Pelican, bring back the elephant. Not the spirit or the scarab though, they're too big.

-Signs that scroll text! Windows marquee screensaver meets Halo. It was sort of in ODST's campaign I think.

-One huge one for me, have a setting to forge maps with no budget/ object limit, but these unlimited maps will not be chosen for matchmaking, you can only play them online in a customs lobby.

-Buyable (but free works too) dlc forge item packs- you can play on maps containing these items if you don't have the dlc pack but you won't be allowed to edit the map unless you buy the dlc.

-More breakable objects (damn we've been missing those pallets)

-Undo button. (*delete on accident* "CRAP")

-Lock objects so you can't accidentally move them. Halo 3 floating objects, I'm looking at you.

-Despawn control/ more efficient respawn control for items

That's all I can think of for now, but I definitely have more to think of and add later.

Despawn times, and buttons. These two things.

Buttons, how they could work:

Set down a button, have a setting to connect it to an object. You click this setting, then click the object. Boom, button affects this object. Then set whether you want the object to rotate or translate. Set how much, then you can push it to do the action, and push it again to undo the action. Simple to do. AND you could have a set amount of time the object will stay in this position before it resets, making something like generator defense. (Have a door to close for a minute to give you time to regroup before the zombies break through.) Maybe set one button for multiple objects to have larger effects.

Whether it could be easily implemented or not depends on the engine.

Buttons, what they could do:

You could set a huge object to move across a gap as a bridge, have a "floodgate" to keep zombies out, make a conveyor belt out of a bunch of objects, or build a base with a few buttons to make forge tuts easier.

• Like 1

1. more item options (e.g. the ability to make objects disappear and reappear throughout a game

2. more destructible items like planks

3. more man cannons and teleporters

4. deployable land mines and grav lifts

5. i would like to see teleporters anle to teleport more than just people (e.g. if a crate gets pushed into the teleporter it will teleport it. but give the teleporter a setting that allows u to enable/disable this function)

1.) Tanks can carry more people on the sides

2.) Proximity and button activated doors

3.) New Object: A pipe about as big as two "Ramp, Circular Large" peices put together

4.) New Object: A glass wall about as big as a coliseum wall

5.) Invasion gametype with more than 3 tiers and more tier options than just Territories, CTF, and Assault

• Like 1

All of these Ideas will be just amazing in halo 4! No longer will people have to resort to other halo games because of their different likes. If these ideas will be in halo 4, I don't think I could ever stay away from forge! Long live the forgers and long live halo!

Good luck on halo 4 343! You will make the game that will end all others!

I would really like to see auto turrets like the ones that control them selfs and shoot anyone that isent on its team. it would be a perfect way to make forts that defend them selfs=) also another cool thing would be cameras like u could place one anywhere within a distance of some kind on screen. and spy on people=D

Forge City by Halodreamer

a city version of forge world, where you can make buildings in seconds.

Triggered Mechanic Items, Motorized Properties, Different Texture Settings Articghost49

-Triggered mechanic items. Like doors, drop pods or light bridges

-The ability to give certain objects motorized properties- Imagine how creative forgers could be, making a piece rotate like Ascension's antenna, or maybe a conveyor belt. If you were really smart about it, you could build a pelican, spawn points and weapons inside, and have it travel around a set path in the air. Or build an out of control train like terminal.

-A properties setting that keeps displaced objects from despawning (crates wouldn't despawn, and building blocks wouldn't freeze once at rest, or despawn, or both).

-Different texture settings for wall/floor/surface objects so our maps don't look so identical.

Joining Objects Together (The Ninja)

This is a very good idea. Imagine the simplicity of being able to assign objects to a group the same way you do with channels for teleporters. Then you could edit an entire sniper tower up a few feet instead of having to mess up and replace every single item a few feet higher than the original. This could be used to save valuable time in forging.

Less Restrictions on Objects Sweaty Bagels

What I mean by this is that I always found it to be quite annoying how you could only use a certain number of double walls for no good reason. Why not simply have a very large budget and allow the forger to to make a map out of 600 double walls if they want. This would require a slight tweak to the budgeting system but it would, in my opinion, be a massive improvement on the system they have implemented in previous Halo games.

Mirror Option A Great Elite replicate either a single object, a group of objects or half a map.

An Undo Button Many

Floors: The Ninja

i get really sick of using 5x5 blocks to make floors, it takes to long, especially for big long maps, and its an absolute pain in the arse to make them incline on a slight angle to get them over a natural obstacle on the map like grass or a rock. they're not big enough and i usually choose to use wall collisiums and make them flat. this takes longer but its easier as they're alot bigger.there should be a floor and bridge section, where there's different types of grounds, floors, and bridges. with grounds, have different textrues, have a quick option for an even incline no matter what angle its on. and if anyone has ever played far cry 2, they would know that there are bridge sections, and that you can make end pieces, and middle pieces, i thought the idea of this in halo would be very cool.

Ability to Lock Vehicles/Weapons (The Ninja)

The ability to lock vehicles and weapons to a certain team. This would make it so that forgers could create a larger and more exciting variety of maps and game-types. Maybe this could be handled via a checklist in the object properties panel.

I don't know if this has been suggested but I didn't want to search the entire thread...

Physics: The physics of reach were awful. If I set physics to normal...I WANT THE PHYSICS TO STAY THAT WAY. Not change after a few seconds of being still.....and yes this goes for large objects such as buildings.

Yeah... I'm also not sure if this has been metioned, but how about some floatable pieces. Those would allow for some interesting mini-game creations. Also, moving objects would be really cool -> you could pre-set a trajectory and implement a time for when each piece moves (probably too complicate to do, but it sounds cool). Anyways, sorry I can't suggest more, lol, all the good ideas have already been brought up by a large array of like-minded players. Lol!

I know they're probably not going to do this, but what if you could take certain parts away from objects? For example, say you wanted only a certain part of a bunker and you could just take it from the rest of the object and you could delete the part you don't want, and keep the new one. They could implement this by giving the monitors a laser type thing that could be precise or free-hand. I don't know, sounds a little unrealistic, but you never know.

Also, I want to be able to dig into the forge environment. To a certain point of course. This would create unique environments and no map would be the same! Another unrealistic idea, but nonetheless i still want it!

I like the weather idea .. Also the adding trees ... I think another cool idea would be change the look of the forge items .. Instead of them being this nice clean look .. It would cool to change it into this damaged looking building .. Or if u had it in the grass make vines and other plant life on it and make it look like it has been there for a long time ... Also a forging map that has a jungle in part of it i also like the joing objects together idea .. Ive always hated making my own building then if i wanted to move it hving to move every single piece .. Because sometimes its hard to remember how they where pit together

Put*

I know they're probably not going to do this, but what if you could take certain parts away from objects? For example, say you wanted only a certain part of a bunker and you could just take it from the rest of the object and you could delete the part you don't want, and keep the new one. They could implement this by giving the monitors a laser type thing that could be precise or free-hand. I don't know, sounds a little unrealistic, but you never know.

Also, I want to be able to dig into the forge environment. To a certain point of course. This would create unique environments and no map would be the same! Another unrealistic idea, but nonetheless i still want it!

i like both ideas it would be great .. And like with the trees ideas you could make just stumps or if u wanted a trench map you could dig trenches in the map