>CE multiplayer details inside<

Multiplayer

"It's gameplay is exactly like Halo: Reach.

The following is from an interview by HBO:

It just has the 7 new maps - Reach's original multiplayer maps are not included. If you just have Reach, and you don't want to play this, we will make these available for separate purchase eventually. We're not saying how long 'eventually' is right now, but it's not an amount of time that will upset anyone.There will be a playlist for just these maps. Reach players will be able to directly play seamlessly in that playlist, and those maps will also be integrated into other playlists. We'll try and make a very central place to play just these maps, so there'll be a good population, but eventually they'll end up in all lists. We're going to do significant stuff with matchmaking playlists to make sure that these are respectful of original system link-type games. You know how there's a Classic playlist right now? Imagine that, but plus-plus, and some other stuff we can't talk about right now. O' Connor clarified with Joystiq that Anniversary's multiplayer component, while employing the Reach engine, will still be playable on the Anniversary disc itself. The game will also include a voucher to download the maps for play within Halo: Reach.

You will not be required to swap between disks to play the Halo: Reach maps, but you may have to buy DLC if you haven't already done so"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hold on a second, what does this entail? Is the Halo: CE Anniversary supporting multiplayer entirely? I'm very confused about all of this- information.

A couple questions:

1. Does Halo: CE anniversary have it's own, separate multiplayer?

2. If so, will I be able to play on the original maps for Reach? (This includes both the Noble and Defiant Map Packs)

3. Is this somewhat reminiscent of ODST? Will this game's servers be shared with Reach's? (Explination: If the population of Reach is one, and then someone signs on to CE multiplayer, will the total population increase to two?)

4. So, If I play the CE anniversary, will I be limited to only a few playlists?

5. How much will the 7 maps be for one who dosen't purchase the CE anniversary? (Microsoft points-wise?) (Guestimate: 1400 MSP)

6. Will the classic playlist, most likely, be redesigned completely?

7. <-- (Ironic, I know.) Can any aditional details be given to help ease my, and most likely, others confusion?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Both forge and theater have been confirmed for the Halo: CE Anniversary, how does this work? Do the same rules aply to muliplayer? Will I only be able to forge on the CE maps on the CE disk?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Miscellanious: If I come across a terminal in Halo: CE Anniversary, then switch back to classic mode, what will I be looking at, a wall? A tree?

Glitches have been confirmed to return, as well. (P.S. For those of you who don't know, when you're aproaching the swamp in 343 Guilty Spark, right before you get off of the Pelican, throw a Frag Grenade, you'll stay on the Pelican!)

Multiplayer

"It's gameplay is exactly like Halo: Reach.

The following is from an interview by HBO:

It just has the 7 new maps - Reach's original multiplayer maps are not included. If you just have Reach, and you don't want to play this, we will make these available for separate purchase eventually. We're not saying how long 'eventually' is right now, but it's not an amount of time that will upset anyone.There will be a playlist for just these maps. Reach players will be able to directly play seamlessly in that playlist, and those maps will also be integrated into other playlists. We'll try and make a very central place to play just these maps, so there'll be a good population, but eventually they'll end up in all lists. We're going to do significant stuff with matchmaking playlists to make sure that these are respectful of original system link-type games. You know how there's a Classic playlist right now? Imagine that, but plus-plus, and some other stuff we can't talk about right now. O' Connor clarified with Joystiq that Anniversary's multiplayer component, while employing the Reach engine, will still be playable on the Anniversary disc itself. The game will also include a voucher to download the maps for play within Halo: Reach.

You will not be required to swap between disks to play the Halo: Reach maps, but you may have to buy DLC if you haven't already done so"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hold on a second, what does this entail? Is the Halo: CE Anniversary supporting multiplayer entirely? I'm very confused about all of this- information.

A couple questions:

1. Does Halo: CE anniversary have it's own, separate multiplayer?

2. If so, will I be able to play on the original maps for Reach? (This includes both the Noble and Defiant Map Packs)

3. Is this somewhat reminiscent of ODST? Will this game's servers be shared with Reach's? (Explination: If the population of Reach is one, and then someone signs on to CE multiplayer, will the total population increase to two?)

4. So, If I play the CE anniversary, will I be limited to only a few playlists?

5. How much will the 7 maps be for one who dosen't purchase the CE anniversary? (Microsoft points-wise?) (Guestimate: 1400 MSP)

6. Will the classic playlist, most likely, be redesigned completely?

7. <-- (Ironic, I know.) Can any aditional details be given to help ease my, and most likely, others confusion?

Both forge and theater have been confirmed for the Halo: CE Anniversary, how does this work? Do the same rules aply to muliplayer? Will I only be able to forge on the CE maps on the CE disk?

Miscellanious: If I come across a terminal in Halo: CE Anniversary, then switch back to classic mode, what will I be looking at, a wall? A tree?

Glitches have been confirmed to return, as well. (P.S. For those of you who don't know, when you're aproaching the swamp in 343 Guilty Spark, right before you get off of the Pelican, throw a Frag Grenade, you'll stay on the Pelican!)

This is good for the people who do not know this info, good job dude!

You dont need to worry about downloading CEA maps to reach (Via Live) if you bought CEA and have reach, the game will allow you to download the CEA maps to your HDD (Hard Drive Device) which will allow them to be playable in Reach, 343i has also said they will impliment the CEA maps into the other playlists.

Did it occur to anyone that Halo 4 will have its own new and completely new multiplayer void of any Bungie influence?

Why would they completely rebuild the multiplayer for CEA when they are in the process of building a completely new multiplayer for Halo 4? Halo 4 comes out next year so lets all be patient until it gets here. Yes we have to live with AA and other annoyances for another year but I want 343 to get it right an not rush the product.

BTW I want Firefight vs Flood on CEA

:unworthy: :D *Crosses Fingers* Please let the Theatre mode work for campaign!!! PLEASE.

With that this game would be PERFECT IMO with everything they've done there wouldn't be one thing that could be added that would make it better considering what all we have.

Halo:Combat Evolved Matchmaking Multiplayer didn't even exist when it was released, having said that they are remaking Halo:CE- A Multiplayer and incorporating it into Reach's massive online community to prevent splitting up the mass of the community. This in my oppinion is a more than brilliant move and is a significant strategic move by 343 Industries to both; Save Time, Save Money, Save The Community. They have already said that they are just getting around to playing with Reach's code and I'm sure Bungie left it very loose in terms of being able to edit things with a Title update. I for one am very confident with the release of Halo:Combat Evolved Anniversary we will see a mirror image of the original Multiplayer from the infamous Combat Evolved we all remember. For instance with the release of Bungie's 'Action Sack' Playlist they started doing things we didn't even know was possible with the Reach engine... All of this was done without ONE single update however significant they didn't need to do it and that shows the genius in the Reach code.

Now everybody from the 343 put your *Explicit content removed* hand's up and follow me! - Now everybody from the 343 put your *Explicit content removed* hand's up!

Look Look

Now while he stands tough

Notice that this man did not have his hands up

This free world's got you gased up

Now who's afraid of the big bad wolf

Sorry but I had to do it eventually, I've been thinking about that since 343 aquired the Halo Trilogy.

So what I understand from this is that we will not be able to hook up 4 xbox 360's together and play anniversary against each other because it does not have its own multiplayer? No even splitscreen? I'm confused about that. If all it is, is a campaign remade and maps for reach, what is the point? I thought what people loved about Halo 1 was the split screen and multiplayer against one another? This sounds like a waste of a game if you don't play the campaign...