Elites in Halo 4 Customs and Forge?

You speak very truly fal, heresy is something not to be tolerated. But i tell you now i am no heretic. Tell me where you learn all of this. lol razor, you need to learn alot about sangheili. Im guessing he(Fal), like I, have had hours of research about the sangheili species. If I ever offended you fal, im sorry. But that was nothing of an argument anyway, like you said.

These?: The Seven Bushido Virtues: Right decisions, Valor, Benevolence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, and Loyalty.

yep, those are them

btw fal, are you still with the covanant... you still bear the ee suffix

These?: The Seven Bushido Virtues: Right decisions, Valor, Benevolence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, and Loyalty.

Close, but not close enough. The seven virtues are as follows: Rectitude, Valiance, Benevolence, Respect, Honesty, Honour, Loyalty.

You speak very truly fal, heresy is something not to be tolerated. But i tell you now i am no heretic. Tell me where you learn all of this. lol razor, you need to learn alot about sangheili. Im guessing he(Fal), like I, have had hours of research about the sangheili species. If I ever offended you fal, im sorry. But that was nothing of an argument anyway, like you said.

yep, those are them

btw fal, are you still with the covanant... you still bear the ee suffix

I never accused you of anything, I was merely stating that you had a lot to learn.

There isn't a link, only someone inside of 343 would know. Let's just say a friend told me and he wasn't allowed to reveal more. He had friends inside of 343 which "apparently" said that it was because of a contract that bound them together.

Unless your friend works for 343industries then he's probably lying. Bungie's contract with Microsoft expired. And 343 only cited their desire to make multiplayer canon as the reason for them not having Sangheili in Matchmaking. Why wouldn't they just say that they can't because of a contract rather than bear the hatred of so many?

Unless your friend works for 343industries then he's probably lying. Bungie's contract with Microsoft expired. And 343 only cited their desire to make multiplayer canon as the reason for them not having Sangheili in Matchmaking. Why wouldn't they just say that they can't because of a contract rather than bear the hatred of so many?

Not necessarily. My "friend" is greatly known throughout Halo for making images and maps and he has friends inside of 343 Industries. The contract is still remaining which is one of the reasons why Sangheili may/cannot be playable.

They may be added in future Downloadable Contents when the contract expires. Who knows?

Not necessarily. My "friend" is greatly known throughout Halo for making images and maps and he has friends inside of 343 Industries. The contract is still remaining which is one of the reasons why Sangheili may/cannot be playable.

They may be added in future Downloadable Contents when the contract expires. Who knows?

currently taking avu's route i see ...lol , its soo true. we really need to be able to play as them

Close, but not close enough. The seven virtues are as follows: Rectitude, Valiance, Benevolence, Respect, Honesty, Honour, Loyalty.

rectitude only has a slightly different meaning, maybe a little more profound, but valiance is a synonym of valor.

lol razor, you need to learn alot about sangheili. Im guessing he(Fal), like I, have had hours of research about the sangheili species

I'm fairly knowledgable of all species of the covenant, including elites, I may have forgoten some details because I'm usualy playing the game rather than wondering what they eat for breakfast.

(back on topic) I hope there are elites in custom games and such so people can make more of a varied machinama instead of just spartans in them so we don't have to go back to making H3 or HR machinama's to have the elites to take part in it. But the chances are for Elite ops is very high

Source:http://postimage.org/image/5keldgd6n/

I hope I can be easily understood here. See, In Halo: Reach, the playable character in matchmaking and custom games/forge was carried over between the two. The same. And to make Sangheili available in one, but not the other, would be more difficult than you think. It isn't just "adding it in", it is separating the two modes enough, so that the Elites can be available in one, but not the other. Almost two different mode engines. Therefore, instead of just Campaign, Spartan Ops, And Multiplayer, It would be Campaign, Spartan Ops, Matchmaking, and Custom Multiplayer. Each distinct mode has it's own...I guess you could call it a type of engine. Multiplayer modes(Forge, Matchmaking, Custom Games) are all similar enough to run on the same one. The others are not. So to have Elites added in would mean to have to add more than you think because the game is so far in development. The current multiplayer engine would either have to be changed, or a new one would have to be made and have Matchmaking moved to it. Making It like Reach with only Spartan exclusive gametypes in matchmaking would have remedied the problem, but they didn't. And to add it now, they would have to tweak sooo many aspects of the multiplayer to allow for it. The closest you are likely to get is the possible "Elite Ops". (I am soo tired of all the people thinking that it is easy to add a new playable model "just like that", so forgive my hostility.)

I am studying to become a video game designer myself. With what I have learned I can only infer that this is most likely the case with Elites. Plus what Fal 'Taralumee said.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, as being a Sangheili fan since Halo 2, I read many articles with the same question: WILL WE BE ABLE TO PLAY AS ELITES IN HALO 4?

But one day, a reply to a post caught my atention. It said that elites WILL be playable in Custom Games an Forge, and Elite Ops would probably be in the game. I really don't know if he/she was saying the truth, but I am CERTAIN that we WILL be able to play as Floods in a new gametype that would be replacing the good old Infection gametype.

Even though the possibility of playing as Flood will NOT replace the feeling of playing as Elites, but the idea is quite nice. Since the contract did not say that we shouldn't play as FLOOD in multiplayer, I think that 343i had a nice idea to replace a simple Slayer variant with it.

But this is another thing to think about. What if Elites were put in CG? And if it was similar to Halo: Reach? 343i would have problems in making a Flood-Elite skin AND player model...

And I think Microsoft killed Elites of Matchmaking in Halo 4....

And do you remember when we asked Frank if we were going to fight against the Flood in Campaign? He said "You won't be fighting the Flood in the CAMPAIGN". And look what we got. Fresh new gametype with FLOOD :D

If 343i said that Elites won't be playable in MATCHMAKING, they are probably secretly adding the Sangheilli in CG and Forge, but maybe not in all gametypes. I think that Frank is tricky, and we gotta pay attention to what he says because he might be giving us a clue about what will be and at the same time what will not be in H4!!

I know this topic is OLD, but I couldn't resist leaving my sincere opinion to you. :D

All we can do is wait until H4 comes out, which will not take so long (21 days, 10 minutes)...

i understand wot u are say elites have all ways been in my heart 2 be played it is a shame they are gone from matchmaking but far as im awear least u can play as promethens (dont no if thats spelt right) it would be good 2 play as a new enemy whos much stronger and faster to elites but takeing elites out has brock my heart but i am desprite 2 c if u can play as promethens then i would be happy but they still carnt replace elites

• 2 weeks later...

Well no elites confirmed in the Forge list, so Elites are officially out just as Frank O'Connor stated months ago

Well, this was known since competitive multiplayer emcompasses CG, Forge, and Matchmaking, but some folks are stubborn and use the word competitive wrongly. Therefore, this is the last nail in the coffin for Elites in Halo 4 multiplayer.

Well, this was known since competitive multiplayer emcompasses CG, Forge, and Matchmaking, but some folks are stubborn and use the word competitive wrongly. Therefore, this is the last nail in the coffin for Elites in Halo 4 multiplayer.

Precisely

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think that playable sanghelli would be cannon in multiplayer, Those still loyal to the Arbiter would likely wish to meet the Storm in battle, Therefore they would also need to train, and for a spartan, simulated combat against loyal elites would help the when they came against Jul Mdamas rebels in the field. And to be honest why make multiplayer canon, no one really cared why red was fighting blue. I love Sanghelli, i Love spartans too, But we sanghelli fight with honor, trained in the keeps of our kaidons, never knowing our fathers. i had a Sanghelli only clan in Halo Reach. So really there was no reason not to include the Elites in multiplayer, in fact there should have been a lot more content from previous games, such as the needle rifle, plasma rifle, the smg, Falcons, Hornets, Revants, the plasma launcher, the grenade launcher, Dual wielding. all of these should have been in halo 4, i was annoyed when some of these things where omitted from halo reach, but in my opinion Halo Reach was the better game in terms of fan service, and play ability. Halo 4 is a great game, but Halo Reach will probably always be my Favorite, followed by Halo 2. i believe that 343 made a grave error omitting the Elites from multiplayer.

• 4 weeks later...