Elites in Halo 4 Customs and Forge?

I'm upset that Elites have been removed from Matchmaking, despite one or two reasons why it would make sense for them to be included, but one thing that, as far as I am aware, has not be specified, is whether they are TOTALLY unplayable. Does anyone, prefferably someone from 343i, know if they remain playable in, at least, Custom Games and Forge?

I hate to say it, but i would hold a grudge if they are completely absent from my halo 4 experience.

Ever since halo 2, the ability to play as an Elite, and truly allow yourself to be an individual amongst an otherwise entirely human playerbase, has been present.

Many of us have grown attached to this feature, and many, myself included, view the elites as our favourites within the Halo universe.

Indeed, Elites are my favourite alien species from any universe. Bungie added yet another enjoyable and, frankly, game-defining difference between elite and spartan players in Halo: Reach, such as the larger hit box, faster movement speed, altered hud, and regenerating health. Plus, the Elites in halo Reach looked by far the most fierce and proud in the series. So i guess, the point of this thread is to ask, Can i remain playing as my preffered and favourite species in Halo 4, for at least the less Official game modes? Surely it couldn't be that hard to implement, especially if the Halo Reach elite mechanics were re-used.

• Like 1

First off, forge is gone and has replaced with spartan ops, as for custom game, no information gathered so far. I agree far enough with your statement that you dislike the fact that you can't play as elites in matchmaking. It takes away so many entertaining gametypes.

Forge isn't gone, infact, they've stated that it will be majorly improved. Spartan ops seems to have replaced Firefight, which is not returning. And I agree, 90% of my Reach matchmaking was done in invasion.

Ah, thanks for correcting me, wouldn't won't wrong information.

I'm not sure whether we have received any confirmation of whether or not the mightly Sangheli will be allowed in Custom games and forge. It was a rather foolish decision of 343industries to remove them from matchmaking. If you want to contact them you have a better chance at their official site, halo.xbox.com .

I'm not sure whether we have received any confirmation of whether or not the mightly Sangheli will be allowed in Custom games and forge. It was a rather foolish decision of 343industries to remove them from matchmaking. If you want to contact them you have a better chance at their official site, halo.xbox.com .

I'll give that a shot, didn't really think they had an official contact page!

Do you people know nothing? 343 Industries couldn't include Sangheili in the next Halo instalment's matchmaking as a result of a "contract" that Microsoft and Bungie have. The "contract" strictly forbid Sangheili to be playable in Halo 4's matchmaking as a result of planning which was made years before Bungie resigned as creators of Halo. If 343 Industries included Sangheili in Halo 4's matchmaking then they would breach the contract terms and Halo 4, 5 and 6 would never get published or made and they could possibly be sued as a result of this contract which must be met in order for Halo 4 to happen.

This isn't to say that they won't be in Custom Games and Forge, however, as the contract never stated anything about these two playlists, only Matchmaking. Also, there has been no official information released, as of yet, stating that they will not be in Custom Games and Forge, so you can consider them inside of Halo 4's open sandbox and Custom Games.

If you were a true Sangheili fan, you would know you facts. Just saying. Make your choice, are you an "Elite" or a Sangheili?

• Like 1

I would like to play as a Jiralhanae (Brutes). I like them, they are big, strong, and hairy, just like my dog. I also love Sangheili, and I will miss them in Matchmaking. I hope they will get them in Custom Games and Forge. But yeah, it would be awesome to play as a Jiralhanae.

• 2 weeks later...

This annoys me as well. I read my game informer a month or two ago and was both surprised and upset to see that Elites (which I greatly prefer to play as) were going to be removed from online multiplayer. I believed at that point that they were going to be removed altogether, but this opens up new possibilities. With the multiplayer experiance sounding as lame as it is however I will probably only play the campaign, then go back to Halo: Reach, if Elites are not added back in Halo 5 (this is coming from a diehard Halo fan) I will probably not purchase the title. However, the thought occured to me that 343 (evil name) is a new division of Microsoft Game Studios and may be in need of more money to pay thier programers and continue to make games, this opens the possibility (hopefully they do this if they don't include the Elites in the main game) of them releasing the elite model as a DLC, if they did this they would also need to release a free compatibility pack for the use of players who do not purchase the elite model.

Yeah I am a little sad that elites aren't in multiplayer. But the reason is because the multiplayer kinda has a story also. And forge isn't gone its still there. Its actually going to be improved alot according to 343i. I think it would be cool if you can be an elite in forge. No knows this much info. Actually I think that everyone who wants to know alot about halo 4 already has read everything there is aviable. 343i kinda has had us hanging for a a few weeks with out anything. Something big will come up soon...always does....

Lol I remember after they added Elites in Mp in Halo 2 and when H3 came, we were hoping they'd add brutes. But I can see 343 is trying too hard to please the competitors, some of us want fun, not frustration. I hope they don't go money hungry like Epic games and add EVERYTHING that can be unlocked as DLC. Even the exclusives

Its been confirmed they are not playable in halo 4... multiplayer...but i would still keep my hopes up for halo 5

You know nothing and you obviously don't research. From your lack of intelligence and smarmy attitude I can already see you're an "Elite".

Do you people know nothing? 343 Industries couldn't include Sangheili in the next Halo instalment's matchmaking as a result of a "contract" that Microsoft and Bungie have. The "contract" strictly forbid Sangheili to be playable in Halo 4's matchmaking as a result of planning which was made years before Bungie resigned as creators of Halo. If 343 Industries included Sangheili in Halo 4's matchmaking then they would breach the contract terms and Halo 4, 5 and 6 would never get published or made and they could possibly be sued as a result of this contract which must be met in order for Halo 4 to happen.

This isn't to say that they won't be in Custom Games and Forge, however, as the contract never stated anything about these two playlists, only Matchmaking. Also, there has been no official information released, as of yet, stating that they will not be in Custom Games and Forge, so you can consider them inside of Halo 4's open sandbox and Custom Games.

If you were a true Sangheili fan, you would know you facts. Just saying. Make your choice, are you an "Elite" or a Sangheili?

Could you please provide a link to some proof of this contract? This is the first that I've heard of it.

First off, forge is gone and has replaced with spartan ops, as for custom game, no information gathered so far. I agree far enough with your statement that you dislike the fact that you can't play as elites in matchmaking. It takes away so many entertaining gametypes.

Forge wasn`t taken out, never mind replaced. Spartan ops is more like a firefight replacement. Forge will actually be improved from Forge 2.0, to Forge 3.0.

On topic, it has not been released whether they are in custom games and forge or not. Also, the idea of elite ops is floating around.

You know nothing and you obviously don't research. From your lack of intelligence and smarmy attitude I can already see you're an "Elite".

Im pretty sure that contract thing was about making halo on playstation...and because of bungie moving on to playstation...that is why they left halo...not because of the elites. And yes please, if you read this, and this is true...then please state your source... I doubt that 343 would dissapoint such a large community of people who would like to play as elites twice

Oh and accourding to cannon... Sangheili have a high status of honor, and to try to put someone else down is most likely a dishonorable act...so what are you, a sangheili or an elite?

Could you please provide a link to some proof of this contract? This is the first that I've heard of it.

There isn't a link, only someone inside of 343 would know. Let's just say a friend told me and he wasn't allowed to reveal more. He had friends inside of 343 which "apparently" said that it was because of a contract that bound them together.

Im pretty sure that contract thing was about making halo on playstation...and because of bungie moving on to playstation...that is why they left halo...not because of the elites. And yes please, if you read this, and this is true...then please state your source... I doubt that 343 would dissapoint such a large community of people who would like to play as elites twice

Oh and accourding to cannon... Sangheili have a high status of honor, and to try to put someone else down is most likely a dishonorable act...so what are you, a sangheili or an elite?

Indeed, that would be toward their own not towards humans or "Elites". Also, that is according to cannon, I'm talking about the Sangheili that are at play, I'm talking about the dishonourable "Elites" that have tainted the Sangheili name. I show no "honour" or respect to these traitorous, warmongering imposters. They deserve none.

Finally, please define your definition for honour and "putting someone down". Yours does seem to differ from mine.

Overall, I would say that I am a Sangheili due to my unwavering loyalty to them in-game over the past several years. A true Sangheili follows the seven virtues, those who do not are not a Sangheili but an "Elite". It is as simple as that. I cannot say that I am perfect, but I have corrected the error of my ways.

• Like 1

There isn't a link, only someone inside of 343 would know. Let's just say a friend told me and he wasn't allowed to reveal more. He had friends inside of 343 which "apparently" said that it was because of a contract that bound them together.

Indeed, that would be toward their own not towards humans or "Elites". Also, that is according to cannon, I'm talking about the Sangheili that are at play, I'm talking about the dishonourable "Elites" that have tainted the Sangheili name. I show no "honour" or respect to these traitorous, warmongering imposters. They deserve none.

Finally, please define your definition for honour and "putting someone down". Yours does seem to differ from mine.

Overall, I would say that I am a Sangheili due to my unwavering loyalty to them in-game over the past several years. A true Sangheili follows the seven virtues, those who do not are not a Sangheili but an "Elite". It is as simple as that. I cannot say that I am perfect, but I have corrected the error of my ways.

$#!+ you got me interested... what are the "seven virtues"

wait... I will use the great magical power of google and see if it can reveal this mystery.

not having any trouble finding this at all.

$#!+ you got me interested... what are the "seven virtues"

wait... I will use the great magical power of google and see if it can reveal this mystery.

Indeed, Google them and if your search returns negative then I will reveal the virtues.