Halo 4 Enemy Theory- Master Chief is the Didact

Rumerboy

I'm assuming you haven't read the Forerunner books by Greg Bear. Although it's not specifically mentioned how it's done (your mention of altering human dna), the Librarian can give Humans a geas - http://www.halopedia.org/Geas. (Note: don't click the link if you plan on reading the Forerunner books).

okay, i will break down based on the link given. a Geas is a subroutine implanted into a life-form, right? these commands are given to help someone be able to perform an action they otherwise couldn't, including how to stop the flood. so if geas are subroutines or commands, how does that make master chief the didact? or even sympathetic to forerunners? basically, to implant the master chief with didact's memories or thoughts as commands doesn't make technological sense. if the subroutines were implanted into master chief to be a reclaimer (which means it was also implanted in keyes dna cuz his daughter activated the ring), then that is easily explained in the first three halo games. but what does that have to do with the master chief being some form of the didact? if i'm not mistaken, didact was against building and activating the halo arrays as Ur and as Bornstellar. so where do you link these geas commands to he is didact and how does that play a significant role in the reclaimer trilogy? familiarization with forerunners as a species? he is a forerunner even though he's human with a subconscious set of forerunner commands? is master chief relegated to an AI who must obey didact like promethean knights? the question is how many humans can activate the rings? all of them? if so, then that would mean the gaeas to activate the ring was implanted into humans who became the ancestors to all humans, thus not making gaeas implanted in John-117 special compared to others.

Your just assuming that because we know 2 Didact will be in silentium that they both have to be in Halo 4. I wouldnt be surprised if Bornstellar died in silentium, which would make the ur-Didact the enemy and him hating John. And you really just contradicted yourself there. You said that it's unlikely that the Librarian would know to plant the Didacts into johns ancestors because the Didacts is in 2 entities. that's not true, he exists as himself and in a copy(Bornstellar), which would make it easier, because if I remember correctly, when someone has a Gaea created from them, they die, like lending your brain to the creation of an AI, so that assures us that one of the Didacts can be in halo 4. But then you said that out of "pre-destiny" John survived, which would completely make it possible for the Librarian to implant the Didacts imprints in John

the assumption that both didacts are involved in halo 4 is due to the didact symbol being shown in both blue and orange-red, indicating a separation in controlling entities. for all we know bornstellar is dead in halo 4. but to assume that becaise the third book in the forerunner trilogy is being released after halo 4 so it won't give away the storyline before the release of the game, and they are both alive in the next book, they should both be alive in halo 4 is not a stretch. and Dr. Halsey already proved you can create an AI (Cortana) using clones of your brain. forerunners couldn't figure that out?

the predestiny thing is a completely different topic. i'm talking about John's "luck". if you believe in destiny or a path or a higher being's will, then luck is the incorrect term to use for John's success at being one of the only surviving Spartan-IIs as well as him being in the right place at the right time to save humanity. Cortana, aka Halsey's stunt double, refers to John's "luck" many times as does Dr. Halsey in several books. But luck is just a term to describe that everything happening to this particular human is meant to happen as opposed to his luck having something to do with a subroutine implanted in him. as far as i can tell, gaeas don't control your reaction to 8 cloaked elites landing around you or your drop ship crash landing on a strange ring. nor would didact somehow from an ancient time be in control of John during any of the events we have seen through the librarian implanting something in him. the assumption i make is that luck refers to destiny. the way you sound, the librarian is a pre-cognitive goddess who has set up humans for every event and obstacle they have overcame. whereas i think the librarian was an empathetic forerunner who made sure humanity would have a chance, not saw the future and decided in her infinite wisdom to allow humanity to survive by directly implanting in John-117 and only a direct lineage to John-117, everything he would need to know and do, activated at the right moment, to save his entire species. and it wasn't just her, it was also didact.

But the Didact was never shown in blue in any halo 4 promotional material. It was always red, so as of right now, all we can say is that there is one Didact in the game. And guessing Bornstellars in halo 4 just because he's in silentium is as much of an uneducated guess as saying he won't be in it. And about the luck. I'm confused, you just said

on luck, i believe the haloverse is speaking more to destiny and prophecy. the precursors had the mantle, the forerunners and ancient humans worshipped the mantle and followed their versions of it religiously, the covenant had the great journey. i'm sure that at some point in this reclaimer trilogy ancient writings will speak John 117 (not by name) as the one true "reclaimer" and the one who is worthy of the mantle. all of his near death "lucky" experiences happened not because of luck, but because of pre-destiny.

and now you're saying that predestiny and luck are two different things, I didnt bring it up. You did. You sound like the forerunners saw Chief as a future prophet, i was saying that gaeas could influence his ability to survive. And it wouldn't make any sense if the Didact could simply control chief because John had his memories

But the Didact was never shown in blue in any halo 4 promotional material. It was always red, so as of right now, all we can say is that there is one Didact in the game. And guessing Bornstellars in halo 4 just because he's in silentium is as much of an uneducated guess as saying he won't be in it. And about the luck. I'm confused, you just said and now you're saying that predestiny and luck are two different things, I didnt bring it up. You did. You sound like the forerunners saw Chief as a future prophet, i was saying that gaeas could influence his ability to survive. And it wouldn't make any sense if the Didact could simply control chief because John had his memories

to clarify the destiny thing. pre-destiny and luck are two different things. luck is almost like a Dr. Halsey (as an un-religious scientist) being able to explain why chief is somehow able to do what he does. destiny is a less scientific way of explaining the same thing.

I think it was always hinted that his luck wasn't just by chance

i didn't bring it up, just thought it was an interesting side topic on master chief as it pertains to gaeas. if you look at all the situations and near death experiences he has had, how could gaeas, which as i understand it, are basically preset commands that either allow you to perform an action you have no knowledge of being able to do, or to influence a sort of drive or desire such as how a desirable human woman should look. i'm not saying the chief has no gaeas because that could be why he is a reclaimer. my point is for gaeas to be given to the first humans to come out after the halo arrays were fired, and passed down through generations, would mean millions if not billions of humans would have the same gaeas. yet master chief is special, so for him specifically to have gaeas which make him "lucky" doesn't make sense.

i was speaking of the librarian specifically, who seems to be the one who would have implanted gaeas into humanity or possibly didact the way people are posting on this topic. for her or him to specifically implant gaeas that would get to master chief would suggest they knew someone like him would be in a specific family tree and implant a specific set of gaeas that only he could unlock through the extremely weird circumstances that they saw 100,000 years before. even then, those gaeas don't affect his "luck".

what i was saying about his predestiny is that because of the way halo has gone so far, from MC being called "the demon" by the covenant and gaining so much fame as a warrior, and in keeping with sci-fi tradition and a belief that MC was "destined" to do all he has done so far and all he will do, i am predicting that there will be some ancient text, most likely precursor, that speaks of some great warrior in the future who will do what chief has done and what he will do in the relcaimer trilogy. not that there is some ancient painting on a cave wall that looks like MC in a MOLNJR suit. this revelation will play a role in the upcoming games. that's why I wrote, "I'm sure that at some point". it's a prediction of how the story will turn and has nothing to do with forerunners believing in or having pre-knowledge of MC's existence in the future. just a theory. if someone is pre-destined to perform a great act, in science fiction, there is usually a character close to that person who "believes" they are 'the one'. that comes from some form of prophecy or prediction of the future from ancient times.

point is, i don't think gaeas plays a role in John's average actions or interaction. they could be an explanation for some major things such as activating the ring. but even surviving the SPARTAN program was a long shot for John and the ones that made it. so for gaeas to have that type of impact on John and only John doesn't make good sense to me. it is an interesting angle to approach events in Halo though.

my theory is that chief is a spartan and he runs around shootin stuff and saving the galaxy *pew pew pew*

No freaking way. I like the way you think, indeed a do. You with your silly fan theories. Everybody knows its master CHEF and he uses Guilty Sparks laser as his personal microwave.

• 7 months later...