Halo 4 Enemy Theory- Master Chief is the Didact

Rumerboy

• 2 weeks later...

Last update: 6/19/12. 4:19pm

Okay so, heres another one of my theories. So basically i believe that Master Chief has geas' imprinted into his dna that is similar to/from the didact. This would explain why we keep seeing the didacts symbol everywhere (even though hes dead). Because the didact was actually a good guy and he never wanted to even activate the rings. So i dont think that he is the enemy. I believe that the enemy is somehow medicant bias or a similar (corrupted AI). I believe that the enemy is a rampant AI because the Promethean's on requiem are AI's and due the fact that they are that red color (like the monitor when he went rampant). Also there seems to be a theme of rampancy all around Halo 4. In addition, at one point in the e3 trailer, we see what seems to be a seperate class of Promethean's, except that they are colored blue. I believe that the Promethean AI's that attack chief are rampant or under control of Medicant Bias (or another rampant AI).

- I'll add more to this theory later, but WHAT DO YOU THINK?? Have anything to add? Or any criticism?

-Update: 6/18/12 11:58pm

Okay so let me clarify some things. First off, i want to explain the "chief's imprinted dna" thing. Now when i say this, i dont mean that he has the didacts exact dna. Lemme explain, when the humans were being de evolved after they lost to the forerunners, the librarian was in charge of overseeing their de evolution and their future evolution. Now she imprinted every human with certain geas' and (it is believed) she chose certain, specific humans with geas' from people she knew. For example she ( the librarian) gave every male human a geas that makes them attracted to women who most resemble herself. So what i am saying is that, maybe she gave chiefs great ancestors a geas that resembles/took from the didact?

-This could also explain the trait that chief has that no one else does: ""luck"". what if luck was given to him via a geas from the librarian?... Just saying haha.

HUGE EVIDENCE!!!!:

-Also, in halo CE the monitor says to chief, ""Why would you hesitate to do what you have already done?" (regarding activating the halo). and we know that the didact was the one to activate the halos milenia ago. So it now makes sense as to why the monitor would say that...because he mistook the chief for the didact.

-It also explains this line "Last time, you asked me, if it were my choice, would I do it? Having had considerable time to ponder your query, my answer has not changed."

- Also, if you believe that the chief has geas' from the didact, it explains and sheds light on everything in the first terminal in halo cea.

(oh also assume that Bornstellar makes eternal lasting is dead or out of the picture when reading this theory)

Update 6/19/12

- Just another thing to add, at one point in chiefs adventures in forerunner territory, he comes to an area and says it seems strangely familiar, as if he had been there before.... Maybe he did... As the DIDACT!

anyways i hope this update cleared things up.. any more questions/comments?

-Also feel free to check out my older ( now basically debunked) theories.. they have been basically shot down now, but still interesting to read.

I think this theory is probably true. If you read the forerunner saga so far you know that the Librarian take the memories and thoughts(gaeas) of some ancient humans after they defeated them in the Forerunner-Human War, and implanted them into humans after the forerunners devolved them. A prime example of this would be chakas, an ancient human who was a friend of bornstellar and had the gaeas of the Lord of Admirals from the Forerunner-Human War. The fact that he had these precious memories saved chakas's life as the Didact saw them as valuable and turned a mortally wounded Chakas into a monitor who would have a fragment of it created named 343 guilty spark who, as we all know, greatly impacted the events of the Halo trilogy. This could mean that the Librarian could somehow look into the future, and see that John would have to become an important part of the the Human-Covenant War, so The Librarian gave him one of his most defining traits through the Didact, a super-powerful promethean: luck. The Librarian could've easily done what Halsey did and took the Oppurtunity to clone the Didact and turn the clones memories into gaeas. This would explain how John felt like he remembered some stuff, because he has been in his memories. Also, I'm pretty sure spark, an advanced forerunner monitor, would need John to remove his armor, he could've just sensed the presense of his old friend the Didact. And in the forerunner saga it has been stated multiple times that the Didact respects human, and that he was against creating the Halos and instead opted for building shield worlds, such as requiem, that means that he wouldn't just be angry that humans show up at his shield world for no reason. The only problem with this theory is the part that says the Didact is dead. It has never been confirmed that he was' he could've easily travels to Requiem and get into his cryptum(I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm just guessing). In an interview Greg Bear, author of Halo Cryptum and Priordinium also said something along the lines of there are two Didacts. Also, in the description for Silentium, it says "Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian—a husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict—hold the keys to salvation.". Notice how it says Ur-Didact instead of simply the Bornstellar Didact. According to google translate, Ur is a German prefix that translates to primordial, which means original. So the description is basically saying "Only the Original Didact and the Librarian—a husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict—hold the keys to salvation.". This might not make sense though because in Cryptum Faber, the master builder, claimed to have executed the original Didact. Faber could have simply said this and really keep the real Didact hostage and manipulated him into hating humans, which could be a possibility for the voice of the infamous "I have long dreamt of this day Reclaimer" line. I'm a little confused as to how the original Didact could hold the keys to salvation if he was somewhat brainwashed. While many people are also wondering about the symbol of the Didact and the symbol in the E3 trailer, I think that the original blue symbol belongs to the Bornstellar Didact, and that the red one belongs to the Ur-Didact. I think they are the same symbol, the Ur-Didact's is just red and filled in because he was changed so much. These are my thoughts on the whole master chief is Didact, Didact is ancient evil theory, though this doesn't fully explain the enemies and the red and blue Promethean A.I.s, I might start a thread later discussing that topic. All in all, I'm expecting brief answers to these questions in Halo 4, but I'm expecting Silentium to completely explain these answers.

Yeah, the Adam and eve thing fits into the canon without causing any disruptions. Spark called many humans reclaimer as it is a title given to the whole species by the forerunners. The forerunners knew humanity would become their successor and 'reclaim' the mantle, hence the reclaimer title.

Oh, and I know some people are still wondering whether the forerunners were actually human, so I just wanna say that they were not because in the forerunner saga forerunners have been physically described and they have significant changes compared to humans, for instance, instead of hair, they have a fuzz around their body, and when forerunners decide what they will do as their career, they gain mutations so their body is prepared for that career, and as they ranked higher in that career, they'd gain more mutations. Take the prometheans for example. They all originally started out as simple warrior-servants, but once they ranked up all the way to the promethean class, they gained one last mutation that made them so strong they could easily crush the skull of a human with one hand.

I actually think that bungie planned this ever since halo ce because of that conversation chief has with 343 about the last time chief was on halo etc. And while all humans can use forerunner objects, John has stated several times that he felt as if the technology was familiar.

I think this theory is probably true. If you read the forerunner saga so far you know that the Librarian take the memories and thoughts(gaeas) of some ancient humans after they defeated them in the Forerunner-Human War, and implanted them into humans after the forerunners devolved them. A prime example of this would be chakas, an ancient human who was a friend of bornstellar and had the gaeas of the Lord of Admirals from the Forerunner-Human War. The fact that he had these precious memories saved chakas's life as the Didact saw them as valuable and turned a mortally wounded Chakas into a monitor who would have a fragment of it created named 343 guilty spark who, as we all know, greatly impacted the events of the Halo trilogy. This could mean that the Librarian could somehow look into the future, and see that John would have to become an important part of the the Human-Covenant War, so The Librarian gave him one of his most defining traits through the Didact, a super-powerful promethean: luck. The Librarian could've easily done what Halsey did and took the Oppurtunity to clone the Didact and turn the clones memories into gaeas. This would explain how John felt like he remembered some stuff, because he has been in his memories. Also, I'm pretty sure spark, an advanced forerunner monitor, would need John to remove his armor, he could've just sensed the presense of his old friend the Didact. And in the forerunner saga it has been stated multiple times that the Didact respects human, and that he was against creating the Halos and instead opted for building shield worlds, such as requiem, that means that he wouldn't just be angry that humans show up at his shield world for no reason. The only problem with this theory is the part that says the Didact is dead. It has never been confirmed that he was' he could've easily travels to Requiem and get into his cryptum(I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm just guessing). In an interview Greg Bear, author of Halo Cryptum and Priordinium also said something along the lines of there are two Didacts. Also, in the description for Silentium, it says "Only the Ur-Didact and the Librarian—a husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict—hold the keys to salvation.". Notice how it says Ur-Didact instead of simply the Bornstellar Didact. According to google translate, Ur is a German prefix that translates to primordial, which means original. So the description is basically saying "Only the Original Didact and the Librarian—a husband and wife pushed into desperate conflict—hold the keys to salvation.". This might not make sense though because in Cryptum Faber, the master builder, claimed to have executed the original Didact. Faber could have simply said this and really keep the real Didact hostage and manipulated him into hating humans, which could be a possibility for the voice of the infamous "I have long dreamt of this day Reclaimer" line. I'm a little confused as to how the original Didact could hold the keys to salvation if he was somewhat brainwashed. While many people are also wondering about the symbol of the Didact and the symbol in the E3 trailer, I think that the original blue symbol belongs to the Bornstellar Didact, and that the red one belongs to the Ur-Didact. I think they are the same symbol, the Ur-Didact's is just red and filled in because he was changed so much. These are my thoughts on the whole master chief is Didact, Didact is ancient evil theory, though this doesn't fully explain the enemies and the red and blue Promethean A.I.s, I might start a thread later discussing that topic. All in all, I'm expecting brief answers to these questions in Halo 4, but I'm expecting Silentium to completely explain these answers.

so you're saying that the librarian was known to create gaeas out of ancient humans and implant them in modern human lineages...so why would the librarian create gaeas out of forerunner memories and implant them in humans? wouldn't she do the same thing for a human like John 117? implant ancient HUMAN gaeas into his lineage? the truth is, the heroes of the first human-flood and human-promethean war are not known in the UNSC history books. so i would assume if the librarian implanted a gaeas into MC's lineage, it would have been a great HUMAN warrior which is why the forerunner tech feels familiar. As in, the spirit of the SPARTAN-II's ultimate warrior, Master Chief, is the same spirit of a great "Spartan" of ancient times. let me know when you find evidence of cross species gaeas, cuz so far I haven't read about if that is possible or not. To me though, it seems MC might be more linked to Precursors than forerunners, as forerunners and ancient humans adapted precursor technology to advance their own tech cultures.

As per the information about "why would you hesistate to do something you have already done?" as said by guilty spark in CE.

You must remember that at this point Bungie didnt know that Halo would go this far, so you can rule that out as evidence completely.........

so you're saying that the librarian was known to create gaeas out of ancient humans and implant them in modern human lineages...so why would the librarian create gaeas out of forerunner memories and implant them in humans? wouldn't she do the same thing for a human like John 117? implant ancient HUMAN gaeas into his lineage? the truth is, the heroes of the first human-flood and human-promethean war are not known in the UNSC history books. so i would assume if the librarian implanted a gaeas into MC's lineage, it would have been a great HUMAN warrior which is why the forerunner tech feels familiar. As in, the spirit of the SPARTAN-II's ultimate warrior, Master Chief, is the same spirit of a great "Spartan" of ancient times. let me know when you find evidence of cross species gaeas, cuz so far I haven't read about if that is possible or not. To me though, it seems MC might be more linked to Precursors than forerunners, as forerunners and ancient humans adapted precursor technology to advance their own tech cultures.

There hasn't been any proof of cross-species gaeas, but this is all speculation.

Didn't the Librarian stop making geas for humans after Earth was restricted from her? She didn't give them to humans on Halos or the arks, and then the forerunner used the Halos and stuff.

So then she would have had to somehow travel back to Earth which I would doubt would be even possible for a long time as the Halos had to go through portals which messed up slip space travel all over the place.

Then she would have been just chilling to around 2100 something when earth set up tons of colonies. Then travel to Eridanus II and find him.

I just see that there are too many variables for her to implant any type of geas on him, assuming she is alive. Even though 343 guilty spark claims she is alive, he is so crazy right now he could just end up taking them to a pile of rocks claiming it is the library.

Didn't the Librarian stop making geas for humans after Earth was restricted from her? She didn't give them to humans on Halos or the arks, and then the forerunner used the Halos and stuff.

So then she would have had to somehow travel back to Earth which I would doubt would be even possible for a long time as the Halos had to go through portals which messed up slip space travel all over the place.

Then she would have been just chilling to around 2100 something when earth set up tons of colonies. Then travel to Eridanus II and find him.

I just see that there are too many variables for her to implant any type of geas on him, assuming she is alive. Even though 343 guilty spark claims she is alive, he is so crazy right now he could just end up taking them to a pile of rocks claiming it is the library.

well if you remember, she was on earth during the firing of the halo arrays, and if she survived(which she probably did) I'm sure some humans could've survived with her. And gaeas are given to someone, and it passes down to their descendants, so Johns ancestor probably got the Gaea at first. And the monitor in priordinium wasnt 343GS, it was Chakas. If you read the book again, the ONI Science team isn't even sure whether or not it's spark. I believe the monitors of the halo arrays are each a fragment of Chakas , which is supported by the fact that he says something like "I believe one of me has caused you trouble."

• 3 weeks later...

Huge hole in your story. After the human-forerunner war, there were still humans. They were not de-evolved, their technology (which was equal to forerunner tech due to humans finding precursor tech) was destroyed setting humans back thousands of years. So the librarian didn't alter human dna, she only preserved existing humans in the library like she did countless other species.

I'm assuming you haven't read the Forerunner books by Greg Bear. Although it's not specifically mentioned how it's done (your mention of altering human dna), the Librarian can give Humans a geas - http://www.halopedia.org/Geas. (Note: don't click the link if you plan on reading the Forerunner books).

So if i'm to get this str8, both didacts are still alive (bornstellar and original) and john 117 is also the didact...is the arbiter the didact as well?

You sarcasm isn't appreciated. It's been confirmed that both didacts are alive, and if you look at all the evidence, it can be very likely that cheif has the didacts gaeas

You sarcasm isn't appreciated. It's been confirmed that both didacts are alive, and if you look at all the evidence, it can be very likely that cheif has the didacts gaeas

sorry if you're feelings are hurt by some sarcasm. my point is that the story is getting didactageous. when this was first posted, we knew didact was involved in the halo 4 story and chief having some didact gaeas was actually an interesting theory. now we know both didacts are still in existence which means there could be a good and evil one or a good and not so evil one. so the original didact pretty much hated but respected humans. the second didact, which is a forerunner "implanted" with the didact's memories is coolish with at least some humans. then you're gonna add to the story a third didact, which is a super-human "implanted" with the didact gaeas. so if that were the case, then the story is more about didact than master chief. and if the halo universe is really all about didact, as in the main heroic character along with his new adversaries and allies are all didact controlled, then sarcasm is warranted, if not appreciated. and as stated before, why would the librarian, who wants to preserve species during the halo array firing, try to implant her love's gaeas into a bunch of humans in hopes that one day, one of these human-didact gaeas-implanted human will save the universe?

if you were to say the librarian was trying to preserve forerunners and implanted humans with different types of forerunner gaeas as her way of carrying on the mantle, then that makes more sense. but to specifically link didact's actual memories, persona or lineage to master chief when he is still alive in two separate entities gets a little convoluted. it could be explained through some star wars like prophecy and balance to the force, but halo isn't about that. it's about master chief and humanity's struggle for survival against alien insurrection based on religious and political beliefs.

I think it was always hinted that his luck wasn't just by chance

on luck, i believe the haloverse is speaking more to destiny and prophecy. the precursors had the mantle, the forerunners and ancient humans worshipped the mantle and followed their versions of it religiously, the covenant had the great journey. i'm sure that at some point in this reclaimer trilogy ancient writings will speak John 117 (not by name) as the one true "reclaimer" and the one who is worthy of the mantle. all of his near death "lucky" experiences happened not because of luck, but because of pre-destiny.

Your just assuming that because we know 2 Didact will be in silentium that they both have to be in Halo 4. I wouldnt be surprised if Bornstellar died in silentium, which would make the ur-Didact the enemy and him hating John. And you really just contradicted yourself there. You said that it's unlikely that the Librarian would know to plant the Didacts into johns ancestors because the Didacts is in 2 entities. that's not true, he exists as himself and in a copy(Bornstellar), which would make it easier, because if I remember correctly, when someone has a Gaea created from them, they die, like lending your brain to the creation of an AI, so that assures us that one of the Didacts can be in halo 4. But then you said that out of "pre-destiny" John survived, which would completely make it possible for the Librarian to implant the Didacts imprints in John