Halo 4 DMR or BR vote

Ipodmaster

DMR or BR?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. DMR or BR?

• BR (Battle rifle)
    • DMR ( Designated Marksman Rifle)

Where is the "both" option? When I was at E3 I found that both guns were effective. The BR was more medium range as the DMR was more of the long range gun. The BR and DMR are almost identical but both have their flaws. But I cant choose one over the other because I love them both the same.

• 5 weeks later...

br is just badass and is so classic, but i prefer dmr, maybe because throughout the years we've played the it less then the br, but for me the single burst action and the vibration of the controller makes it feel more powerful and awesome. also i because it feels more accurate, but at the same time you have to have more accuracy because in swat if you miss one shot you can die in a snap lol. since br shoots three round bursts and its look, color, etc it feels less powerful for me. and for me when it comes to my fav weapons, its all about power lol. same goes for a energy sword and gravity hammer comparison. i like energy sword more because it feels more powerful and just looks and sounds awesome, while the hammer doesn't as much also becasue thats how a big giant hammer would feel lol

The BR is one of the best and most popular weapons in gaming history. That 3 shot burst is unmistakable to spot or hear. Anybody who wasn't there since Halo 2 and Halo 3 wouldn't understand and those people missed out.

The DMR being that good or popular?... not so much. Especially with it's bloom, which just makes it inconsistent. Without the DMR's bloom (or at least reduced greatly) it's not a half bad weapon, but I'll take the BR any day.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone already said this, but one of the specializations allows you to have two primary weapons to start, so you can start with a br and dmr, that is probably what I'm gonna do...

DMR is better long range, BR is better short range, but I don't know what's worse Bloom or Recoil, so we will have to see when we get to play, but from some videos it looks like the light rifle zoomed in is stronger than both so...