WTF is up with the Grunts changing species?!?!

s266

Why does no one talk about how stupidly the grunts move in the games vs how they actually move in the books? slowly hopping on two feet side to side is not how grunts fought against humans. they would move in massive groups and go berserk, similar to brutes, when they saw humans and begin running on all fours. ppl are worried about asthetically pleasing looks or silly english phrases instead of realistic gameplay. also, they are supposed to know some english (or human dialect) because the prophets decreed that they learn it during their exploration of forerunner technology prior to the discovery of the halo rings. so at least that was relatively accurate. but grunts were treated as ewoks in the previous halo titles instead of infantry that could be picked off easily by odst and spartans, but could wreak havoc on civilians and marines they caught off guard by overwhelming numbers and a vicious demeanor. remember, grunts were compared in the books to rabid dogs more than funny infantry that slowly ran around in circles using funny english phrases they learned that showed fear.

Wow. Really? I can see you think this thread is unnecessary and you disagree with some of these people, but you don't have to be so condescending and sarcastic about it. <_<

Maaaaaaan, the OP, as nearly as I could tell, made an account specifically to whine. In two days he has 3 posts. And I think, under all that sarcasm, I made a valid point. And I wasn't being condescending...only sarcastic. Really, Really sarcastic. And sarcasm is practically the air I breath.

• Like 2

Why does no one talk about how stupidly the grunts move in the games vs how they actually move in the books? slowly hopping on two feet side to side is not how grunts fought against humans. they would move in massive groups and go berserk, similar to brutes, when they saw humans and begin running on all fours. ppl are worried about asthetically pleasing looks or silly english phrases instead of realistic gameplay. also, they are supposed to know some english (or human dialect) because the prophets decreed that they learn it during their exploration of forerunner technology prior to the discovery of the halo rings. so at least that was relatively accurate. but grunts were treated as ewoks in the previous halo titles instead of infantry that could be picked off easily by odst and spartans, but could wreak havoc on civilians and marines they caught off guard by overwhelming numbers and a vicious demeanor. remember, grunts were compared in the books to rabid dogs more than funny infantry that slowly ran around in circles using funny english phrases they learned that showed fear.

I'm pretty sure the Spartan's intimidation factor has something to do with it. Basically they know they are dead.

In ODST it probably would have just taken to long to change them.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Unggoy

Unggoy share a number of features with different animal species on Earth. Like primates, they walk both bipedally and with the aid of their over sized forearms albeit in a manner similiar to a chimpanzee. However, their bodies are armored with a hard exoskeleton as with crabs and insects. Their mouths have a set of small, pointed teeth, much like reptiles. However, the UNSC has classified them taxonomically as being most similar to Earth arthropods.

Unggoy are on average about three to four feet tall and are relatively weak compared to other Covenant species. Although they can easily walk upright on two legs, they may often use their arms to move in a quadrupedal fashion. While carrying armaments, they are forced to walk upright so that they may support their weapons with their hands, but while trying to flee, or while patrolling without a weapon drawn, they use their over sized arms as forelegs to add speed or stability to their gait. Their eyesight and hearing is average, and seem to have a very well developed sense of smell, sometimes sniffing the air to detect traces of foes or hidden enemies.[10] This is facilitated through the olfactory membranes installed in their masks.

I'm pretty sure the Spartan's intimidation factor has something to do with it. Basically they know they are dead.

In ODST it probably would have just taken to long to change them.

also, I know in the book Fall of Reach, they have a large number of grunts against a spartan team (Master Chief led) running on all fours to attack as "cannon fodder", not running scared like in the gameplay cuz they were scared of Spartans.

Dude, do you even realize reptiles are from Earth and Grunts are from other planet? They are not reptiles, they just look reptile-ish. And maybe they always had scales, and you didn't saw them. You know, quality wasn't as awesome as in Halo 4 in previous games.

I hate to disagree with a distinguished member such as yourself, but I'm not really digging the Elites' new looks. In my opinion, their eyes are too far forward. The placement of the eyes makes the top half of their faces too human-like. Then again, they are probably a predatory species. But their skin does look too rough and reptilian.

That's not necessarily disagreeing, just voicing your opinion about the Sangheili. Also, I'm not distinguished; just a random person who enjoys posting. Treat me no differently.

• Like 1

Hey, in the books it says the methane tanks where cooled, and that it refers to the homeworld, "a frozen, barelly sustainable land" and " that if it werent so cold it world have ignited" second, grunts breathe super cooled methane. its a fact.they are insectiod beings which means they run on blood sugar levels and can be frozen solid then unthawed with relatively no side effects.third, the grunts had next to **** for armor, if you thought all that chiton was armor, your sadly mistaken, because it is an exo-skeleton. Unngoy simply werent givin armor for obvious reasons, the main is there are fodder.

Basically, Grunts are in the same race as buggers, only with higherr brain functions and no wings. both are insectiods

Edited by One
Merged posts
  • Like 1

Oh god, they changed the appearance to suit game design? As opposed to the Science fiction Halo Canon which makes so much sense, as we all know! Espiecally the gas powered guns even though its 500 years in the future, OR the open gunner seats on Warthogs, or flipping tanks, or the Armor Abilities which all just happened to be wiped out on Reach!

OMG, could you imagine if Bungie had put those things in just for the sake of game design, and not for the sake of them making sense? I mean, CAN YOU IMAGINE?

If Bungie had ever done anything like that, I would refuse to buy their games. I would have rioted...protested...declared war on a small European country, like China, for instance. Okay, I just don't know what I'd do, but it would be bad, and when I did it, I would be foaming at the mouth rabid. And I'm dead cereal about this. So cereal. I'm talking Kellogs frosted flakes cereal. Without any milk.

Umm... China isn't that small and its not a European country and I'm Chinese. I shall not let you destroy my homeland! I shall defeat you and bring honour and instant noodles to my family!

Many of the species looks different. An example of this would be the Sangheili. The scales on their arms have been brought out more. You can see rough spots and the rough surface of the skin. In previous instalments you could not see this and they just looked like human skin. I find the changes a lot better and I think they will benefit Halo for the greater.

The only change I dislike about the Elites is the fact that they've been removed from matchmaking.

I dislike that part quite vehemently, in fact.