WTF is up with the Grunts changing species?!?!

s266

Can someone please explain to me how the grunts managed to unionize, start basic scientific reserch, start modifying there specicies, then eventually splicing a grunt embryo with some f*cking reptilian crap to make a new hybrid species that woud actually die because everyone knows that the grunts methane tanks are super-cooled, which would super-cool the reptiles blood as it passes through the body? Or am i expected to believe they evovled in 4ish years? COMe ON 343 GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME! litterally!!!

• Like 1

honestly i think there is no reason to get all stressed about this. I mean it's just an artistic change as 01-171 Abased Eidolon said same thing as how Chief's armor is different when he was in the ship for four year in deep hibernation

Well, The Thing that bugged me the most was the fact that they didn't speak English. Anytime they open thier mouth, something hillarious comes out of it. If we don't understand what they are saying, how can we get the joke? That annoyed the heck out of me knowing that comic relief was gone. It made Legendary Much more frustrating without thier sarcastic remarks. I don't mind the art change at all, but at least thier voice. That's a stable that should always be there.

• Like 1

The only thing that has changed is their armour configuration. It is just like the humans starting scientific research like they did so long ago. They are an independent species', it is about time they started doing things for themselves.

They DO look more reptilian now than in previous Halo titles, but they always had scales. The scales covered their Chitin, giving them a bit more natural armor than an average arthropod. Perhaps what we are seeing is a disease that's spread through this particular type of grunt that causes their Chitin to become thinner, giving it a skin like appearance.

Idk, there are tons of ways to rationalize it but it is a rather drastic change either way.

i KNOW!!! RIGHT??? 343 made them look absolutly ridiculous they aren't chitinous anny more they are all scaly now... the reason bungie was so great is that they paid attention to detail if 343 dreams to be even half as good as them they have to start paying attention to DETAIL!!!!

Not always. They made some major canon oversights with Halo Reach that could have been easily avoided with just a few date changes. That's breaking a massive amount of canon and then shrugging it off, leaving 343i to clean up the mess. Which they have, for the most part, in the datapads that are located throughout the game. With this they simply forgot something about the grunts, rather than forgetting everything about the story in the Haloverse so far. You might have overreacted a bit.

ON A SIDE NOTE:

To those of you reading this thread s266 is talking about the apparent species change of the grunts. They have been listed as Arthropods in the Halo 3 bestiary, which means they have a chitinous exoskeleton. This was apparent in previous Halo titles, however in Halo 4 the grunts look reptilian rather than arthropodic. S/he isn't talking about the armor configuration or the lack of a mouth piece. S/he is talking about the apparent change from arthropod to reptile.

• Like 3

ON A SIDE NOTE:

To those of you reading this thread s266 is talking about the apparent species change of the grunts. They have been listed as Arthropods in the Halo 3 bestiary, which means they have a chitinous exoskeleton. This was apparent in previous Halo titles, however in Halo 4 the grunts look reptilian rather than arthropodic. S/he isn't talking about the armor configuration or the lack of a mouth piece. S/he is talking about the apparent change from arthropod to reptile.

That works for me. Reptiles are awesome. If they are willing to invent something new, there could be a very logical explanation behind it. Maybe these are new grunts for the new trilogy? I can't wait to hear more about these things! I want to know! And I'm sure I will once the game comes out. = )

Many of the species looks different. An example of this would be the Sangheili. The scales on their arms have been brought out more. You can see rough spots and the rough surface of the skin. In previous instalments you could not see this and they just looked like human skin. I find the changes a lot better and I think they will benefit Halo for the greater.

• Like 1

Many of the species looks different. An example of this would be the Sangheili. The scales on their arms have been brought out more. You can see rough spots and the rough surface of the skin. In previous instalments you could not see this and they just looked like human skin. I find the changes a lot better and I think they will benefit Halo for the greater.

Another DEFINATE example is the Jiralhanae. Bungie outright ADMITTED they rushed the design and made them completely uninteresting aside from Tatarus. The Redesign was an absolute must for the survival of the Jiralhanae species! They aren't stupid, mindless damage sponges, and the devleopers realised that. The change was DEFINATELY for the better, and I'm looking at the bright side of the Unggoy Change. = )

I hate to disagree with a distinguished member such as yourself, but I'm not really digging the Elites' new looks. In my opinion, their eyes are too far forward. The placement of the eyes makes the top half of their faces too human-like. Then again, they are probably a predatory species. But their skin does look too rough and reptilian.

Also keep in mind, that each species has many different varieties of them. Look at humans....we have chinese, caucasian, african american, etc...

The grunts we see here, along with the Elites, could just very well be a different sub-species that was dispatched long ago. Who knows, but it sure as hell aint worth getting all worked up about.

• Like 2

Oh god, they changed the appearance to suit game design? As opposed to the Science fiction Halo Canon which makes so much sense, as we all know! Espiecally the gas powered guns even though its 500 years in the future, OR the open gunner seats on Warthogs, or flipping tanks, or the Armor Abilities which all just happened to be wiped out on Reach!

OMG, could you imagine if Bungie had put those things in just for the sake of game design, and not for the sake of them making sense? I mean, CAN YOU IMAGINE?

If Bungie had ever done anything like that, I would refuse to buy their games. I would have rioted...protested...declared war on a small European country, like China, for instance. Okay, I just don't know what I'd do, but it would be bad, and when I did it, I would be foaming at the mouth rabid. And I'm dead cereal about this. So cereal. I'm talking Kellogs frosted flakes cereal. Without any milk.

• Like 5

ON A SIDE NOTE:

A chitinous exoskeleton doesn't mean something is an Arthropod, they would have to have a few more things, which Grunts fill except having segmented body. Well at least it doesn't look like they have a segmented body. They would need a head, thorax, and an abdomen, but it seems like they are missing the thorax and abdomen.

There was also a bulletin on Waypoint that suggested that these were genetically mutated by the Covenant, or they are a sub species of Unggoy

Oh god, they changed the appearance to suit game design? As opposed to the Science fiction Halo Canon which makes so much sense, as we all know! Espiecally the gas powered guns even though its 500 years in the future, OR the open gunner seats on Warthogs, or flipping tanks, or the Armor Abilities which all just happened to be wiped out on Reach!

OMG, could you imagine if Bungie had put those things in just for the sake of game design, and not for the sake of them making sense? I mean, CAN YOU IMAGINE?

If Bungie had ever done anything like that, I would refuse to buy their games. I would have rioted...protested...declared war on a small European country, like China, for instance. Okay, I just don't know what I'd do, but it would be bad, and when I did it, I would be foaming at the mouth rabid. And I'm dead cereal about this. So cereal. I'm talking Kellogs frosted flakes cereal. Without any milk.

Wow. Really? I can see you think this thread is unnecessary and you disagree with some of these people, but you don't have to be so condescending and sarcastic about it. <_<